Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #31
parmajeanne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsanfilippo View Post
Once again when I called WDW I was told you have to receive an e-mail stating you are "invited" to participate in the test in order to get a FP+ for BOG. The CM also said the BOG FP+ is a separate system, as I was told before, and that I would have to check with the front desk of my resort when I check in and inquire about BOG FP+.

I told him about all the countless stories of people getting FP+ for BOG weeks ahead of when they arrive without being "invited" to participate and all he kept saying was, "That's all the information I have about it. Sorry."

I seriously, seriously would have thought they would have their stuff together a lot better than this. So frustrating...
Hi - I don't know if this helps, but I found this on the FAQ:

Is this part of MyMagic+?
Yes, we are currently in the test and adjust phase and Disney FastPass+ service is one component of MyMagic+.
Where can I get a FASTPASS for Be Our Guest Restaurant?
Disney’s FASTPASS Service is not available at Be Our Guest Restaurant. We are testing our new FastPass+ service and Guests have been randomly selected in advance to be a part of that test. We are not able to accommodate additional test participants at this time.
Why can’t I participate in the FastPass+ test at Be Our Guest Restaurant?
The FastPass+ test is limited to Guests who were randomly selected in advance. Any Guest can dine at Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch as space is available.
parmajeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsanfilippo View Post
I read this very informative article on how the FP+ for BOG would work if I could ever get the system to accept me...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...stpass-system/
Oh good grief! Now I'm supposed to actually select the items I want to eat off the menu 60 days in advance too?!? (As far as FP+, I found that I loved booking the ride that I usually run to for FPs first thing in the morning, but other than that I hated having to pick rides and times this far in advance).

System won't accept me either. Very interesting article, thanks for posting!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #33
Pinmaniac
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the link and info. We are going to be at WDW Sept 20-22 and at MK on the 22nd. We were invited to test the magic bands but no info was given about the fp+ at BOG. I just logged in and we have a fp+ on the 22nd for lunch.
Pinmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #34
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

The food reviews for this place have been between "bad" and "mediocre"

So...me being a minimalist ....have taken this approach:

I'm not going near this place until people wise up...no pre booked food...no 180+10...no 6:30 dates with the phone/browser.

Nice and easy.

This is another indictment of how little Disney is reinvesting...as people are fighting for reservations like at a walmart on Black Friday...and 1:50 minute waits for Storytime with Belle: Permenantly Relocated.

Their product is still of a better quality than what you can usually get elsewhere (somewhat of a legacy though...as the recent years have not been that impressive)...but gosh... We don't really make them earn it much do we?
Basically a fairly straightforward renovation in fantasyland ( so far)... And it's eaten up.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #35
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

My resort confirmation number begins with "6UB" but when I click on "Personalize MBs" there is a different 12-digit confirmation number on that page. I used that one to successfully get into the BOG lunch reservation system, but apparently all the reservations for my available dates (we check in Oct. 31 and it only goes to Nov. 5) have been taken
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #36
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
The food reviews for this place have been between "bad" and "mediocre"

So...me being a minimalist ....have taken this approach:

I'm not going near this place until people wise up...no pre booked food...no 180+10...no 6:30 dates with the phone/browser.

Nice and easy..
We actually had lunch there on our last trip (can't speak for dinner). It's worth going to just to see the inside of the place which is amazing. We actually thought the food was pretty good too. DH has assigned it status as his favorite CS place in all of WDW. Also, although it looked like the line was ridiculously long (DH thought it would be an hour), we asked the CM standing there and were told it was only 20 minutes (turned out to be more like 15). We were there during the noon hour too, so that was a peak time. I don't know what these FP+ for CS lunch are going to do to it, but lunch is worth a try! If the line looks horribly long, then ask a CM the wait time before walking away- DH didn't even want to ask so we almost just kept on going. I will say that there were people in line for it over an hour before it opened which was totally crazy! They stood in line for an hour to an hour and a half for the place and ate early, where we walked up at about 12:15 or 12:30 and only waited 15 minutes!

My big fear is that if this FP+ thing takes hold there, that the next step is going to be to have FPs for CS at more and more places, so that you practically have to make an ADR to eat CS!! I think actually picking your menu items 60 days in advance and pre-ordering your food is ridiculous!!!! I don't even know what I want to eat for dinner tonight, much less in 2 months!

I actually lucked into a dinner ADR for BOG for our next trip, so unless I wind up changing it we will see how the dinner food is!

Quote:
1:50 minute waits for Storytime with Belle: Permenantly Relocated...
That is what I thought before we actually saw ETWB. We hated Storytime with Belle. DD (now 7) has been a total Princess fanatic since she was 2 and she would never even sit through it. The only reason we ever saw any part of it was that DD loved Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters who used to do meet and greets there right after Belle left the stage. So we would have to go in and catch the end of the show, to get DD in line for them (and usually to meet and greet Belle as she generally stuck around for a short meet and greet after the show). ETWB with the special effects and setting is actually pretty impressive. I was dreading it, but we wanted to see it once and hit it with a short line during MVMCP. To our surprise, we all enjoyed it! DD loved it and we wound up doing it twice on our last trip. I'm sure not waiting an hour and 50 minutes for it though
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #37
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInKS View Post
My resort confirmation number begins with "6UB" but when I click on "Personalize MBs" there is a different 12-digit confirmation number on that page. I used that one to successfully get into the BOG lunch reservation system, but apparently all the reservations for my available dates (we check in Oct. 31 and it only goes to Nov. 5) have been taken
Thanks! I found our number only reservation number under the *Personalize MBs* - same for our dates, all are taken, our last day isn't even selectable...
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #38
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

We're in! Tried agin today and it worked! We have a dining fp+ time of 1:15-1:30 on 10/22
I chose the Croque Monsieur sandwich and the pork dish, the lemon cupcake and a chocolate cupcake
Old 09-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #39
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
We're in! Tried agin today and it worked! We have a dining fp+ time of 1:15-1:30 on 10/22
I chose the Croque Monsieur sandwich and the pork dish, the lemon cupcake and a chocolate cupcake
Hungry, huh?
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #40
Pinmaniac
Mouseketeer

Our trip was last weekend. Check in went fine. There was a long line that we bypassed, but got a chilly reception by the CM at the head of the line. Once we found the guy we were supposed to check in with (not the CM at the head of the line) he greeted us by name. Unfortunately he was not able to bring up our pre-order so we had to order again. This was pretty easy and we again were able to bypass those waiting to order. The food came in just over 10 minutes and was good by counter service standards. Overall we'd use FP+ here again if we didn't want to eat at one of the other counter service locations in MK.
Pinmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #41
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hungry, huh?
Giddy
Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #42
Headed4Fun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOverDreams View Post
Thanks everyone for posting the link to BOG FP+. I was able to login to the site beourguestlunch.disney.go.com using my Disney account login info. I then used our DVC "Travel Plan" number (reservation number) and it found our reservation and both DH and I. I was then able to make a lunch FP+ reservation for Sep 13! Woohoo! No confirmation email was received, but if I go back to the beourguestlunch.disney.go.com site and login again I can see my existing lunch FP+ reservation. There's no reservation number associated with it so I can't link it in MDE and it doesn't show up there. Oh, and we never received an email invite and never were asked to participate in the magic band testing
Just wanted to follow-up on your experience. Were you able to use your fp+ for BOG or did you have a problem since your ressie didn't originate with an email invite to participate?
We have reservations for lunch in 3 weeks but never received an email to invite. Just wondering what to expect!
Thanks!!
Headed4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #43
luckrebekah
Earning My Ears

I was wondering if you use the fastpass to eat here and are able to do magic bands does this count as one of your 3 punches for example 1 punch to eat 2 punches to reserve ride time slots?
luckrebekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #44
Headed4Fun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckrebekah View Post
I was wondering if you use the fastpass to eat here and are able to do magic bands does this count as one of your 3 punches for example 1 punch to eat 2 punches to reserve ride time slots?
When I reserved all of my fastpass options, the 3 fp+ ride/attraction options were separate from the BOG reservation. So, I was able to select 3 ride fast passes and select BOG for lunch separately and it did not count as one of my 3 "punches".

The reservation systems are currently two separate sites and my BOG ressie is not showing on my plans. I've had to add it manually....crossing my fingers that it works out! Three weeks away!
Headed4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #45
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
Your good fortune has given me renewed hope Gonna go try again

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: