Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #3406
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts
 
xipotec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post

Yep, same here in CT. I'm hoping for the same as you for November. We were there the week of Thanksgiving, 2010 and it was between 86-92 the entire time. Much hotter than I expected but I wasn't complaining If it's mid to upper 70's this time, that would be perfect.

53 days to go....
Heh, having lived in FL I can tell you November is usually more 80 then 70's. unless its raining, then it can be down to low 70's.

Night time is usually high 70.

Be prepared for warmer rather than colder. I do not think you will need a jacket., unless your already a southerner.
__________________
11/2013 POLY Confirmed!
11/2012 POLY! CONFIRMED!
12/2010 Polynesian
Before that too many to list
!


SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #3407
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran
 
Irishlisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Heh, having lived in FL I can tell you November is usually more 80 then 70's. unless its raining, then it can be down to low 70's. Night time is usually high 70. Be prepared for warmer rather than colder. I do not think you will need a jacket., unless your already a southerner.
I'll definitely take that over November weather here Looking forward to it.
__________________
4 Kids, 3 Adults, 2 Grand Villas, and 1 Split Stay!!!!

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #3408
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I know at rope drop they do a celebration of sort, but was wondering on the mornings of Extra magic hour, do they do the celebration early or maybe two separate ones?
I just asked my twin sister (she gets to Disney more frequently than I) this question this morning! They do any celebration/show at the time of actual opening of the park, so early on EMH days.
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #3409
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
Don't know where else to ask this. We are flying to WDW and are planning on only packing carry on bags. This is our first time flying so just a little nervous about the whole security check point process. I bought space bags for all our clothes but if for some reason they have to check inside our bags will they undo the space bags or just check around them??? TIA
How do you plan to repack your space bags for the trip back? The vacuums at the resorts are usually the kind that just do floors, no hose to hook up to your space bag. If your stuff doesn't fir without vacuuming the air out, you could have a problem.
__________________
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #3410
Rpasko
Earning My Ears
 
Rpasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 58

50 days!!!
Rpasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #3411
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,022

My flights dropped again in price so added another $10 to my travel bank!

TP Crowd Levels all went up but I knew they would they always do.

40 Days to Go!!!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #3412
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran
 
OneBadApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,179

I keep getting an error when I try to do the online check-in. I know some of you were also having issues, were you able to finally do it?

I am wondering if all these issues have to do with them getting ready to add November check-ins for MB and FP+.

Only 60 days to go!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Lauren
11/06 (Thanksgiving) - FW; 11/07 - CBR; 12/08 - CBR; 07/10 - CSR; 07/11 - POFQ; 08/12 - CBR;
11/13 (Thanksgving) - POR;
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #3413
mulan1123
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpasko View Post
50 days!!!
Me too!!!!!
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #3414
Strawberry's mom&dad
DIS Veteran
 
Strawberry's mom&dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eatonville,Wa
Posts: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
How do you plan to repack your space bags for the trip back? The vacuums at the resorts are usually the kind that just do floors, no hose to hook up to your space bag. If your stuff doesn't fir without vacuuming the air out, you could have a problem.
Make sure you have the travel space bags. You just roll them up to squeeze the air out.
__________________
me DH DD

Strawberry's mom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #3415
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,023

nov 2013 dd festival of the seasons

Off topic for a minute because i dont knnow how to start a new thread. Does anyone know when the festival of the seasons at DD will start..Trying to find out if we will be there for it . will be at pofq nov 8- 18
sunset7132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #3416
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I just asked my twin sister (she gets to Disney more frequently than I) this question this morning! They do any celebration/show at the time of actual opening of the park, so early on EMH days.
Good I don't plan to be at rope drop every morning, but thought maybe if I catch a EMH day then I could get 2 for 1.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #3417
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
My flights dropped again in price so added another $10 to my travel bank!

TP Crowd Levels all went up but I knew they would they always do.

40 Days to Go!!!
Yup, just got the email from TP last night. Not too concerned, though. I have 36 more days and can barely concentrate on work at this point (it also doesn't help that it's the high holiday season and I'm in meeting after meeting and can't get "regular" work done. ).

Listening to 80s music right now and then I'll switch to Disney music after lunch. I'm going to start packing hard Thursday and Friday cause my kids are basically wearing jeans instead of shorts at this point. Just. Can't. Wait. To. Get. To. Disney!!!!!

(oh....and I'll be starting Part II of the Official November thread in a few minutes.......everyone should switch over to that one since we've filled this one up!)
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #3418
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Good I don't plan to be at rope drop every morning, but thought maybe if I catch a EMH day then I could get 2 for 1.
We are actually only doing one rope drop, and that's for AK. That's just how it worked out after working the schedule around the christmas party and ADR's. my sister said there is an opening show there too, although I've never seen it. I am hoping we'll pretty much have AK to ourselves and we have a nice relaxing few hours. : ) We are of the few families that actually truly enjoy AK. It just has such a laid back atmosphere and we love wildlife, so a perfect fit. : ) I'm not sure why it is so looked down upon...
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #3419
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

Yup, just got the email from TP last night. Not too concerned, though. I have 36 more days and can barely concentrate on work at this point (it also doesn't help that it's the high holiday season and I'm in meeting after meeting and can't get "regular" work done. ).

Listening to 80s music right now and then I'll switch to Disney music after lunch. I'm going to start packing hard Thursday and Friday cause my kids are basically wearing jeans instead of shorts at this point. Just. Can't. Wait. To. Get. To. Disney!!!!!

(oh....and I'll be starting Part II of the Official November thread in a few minutes.......everyone should switch over to that one since we've filled this one up!)
Eeek! I was worried about that. How high do they rate the crowd levels in November now?
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #3420
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran
 
OneBadApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
We are actually only doing one rope drop, and that's for AK. That's just how it worked out after working the schedule around the christmas party and ADR's. my sister said there is an opening show there too, although I've never seen it. I am hoping we'll pretty much have AK to ourselves and we have a nice relaxing few hours. : ) We are of the few families that actually truly enjoy AK. It just has such a laid back atmosphere and we love wildlife, so a perfect fit. : ) I'm not sure why it is so looked down upon...
I thought I read somewhere on here that they got rid of the opening shows in all parks except for the MK.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong about that.
__________________
Lauren
11/06 (Thanksgiving) - FW; 11/07 - CBR; 12/08 - CBR; 07/10 - CSR; 07/11 - POFQ; 08/12 - CBR;
11/13 (Thanksgving) - POR;
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: