Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #3076
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Always happy that you're getting another trip. A meet with you, Alison and PIO! Three of my personal favorites. I am super bummed I am missing it. I hope to meet all three of you someday. Have fun.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #3077
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Always happy that you're getting another trip. A meet with you, Alison and PIO! Three of my personal favorites. I am super bummed I am missing it. I hope to meet all three of you someday. Have fun.
Thank you Kim. I will be looking forward to meeting PiO and Alison tomorrow. I your another DISer that's I want to meet in person one day and it might happen in 2015 if you are considering going tougher D23 Expo.

I'm just waiting for RDCT fireworks and it was nice to see the Halloween decorations at DL. It almost feels like there aren't too many pumpkins in MS.

Sherry - I went around NOS to find the gingerbread cookie and I wasn't able to find it. Unless I didn't asked carefully, it must have been available only during Villains Unleashed from yesterday only.

Here are some pics from today including some treats.

mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #3078
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Bret,
I'm glad you made it here safe! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #3079
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I enjoyed the Halloween pics! Have fun with PIO and Alison!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #3080
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Bret,
I'm glad you made it here safe! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Hi Alison,

Thank you. It was a crazy drive today from Sac to Anaheim where there were a few crazy drivers on the road. It was a nice day today at DL. I will be looking forward to see you tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I enjoyed the Halloween pics! Have fun with PIO and Alison!
Glad you are enjoying he pictures Angela. That is only a few that I have uploaded when I was at the park and I will upload more tonight. It will be fun with PiO and Alison tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:11 AM   #3081
franandaj

BTW, we made a reservation for dinner at Café Orleans between the Mickey show and the fireworks....
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 09-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #3082
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Bret, great pictures around DL. Looking forward to more. It's fun that you and Fran will have a little DIS meet too. Thanks for sharing.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #3083
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Fantastic Halloween pictures. Enjoy your DISmeets today.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #3084
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I have been away from my trip report since I have been busy with work. Now I finally have some time to reply to the posts since my trip last weekend.

With the November trip coming up in two months with my DA and her colleague family we have made our dining planning for the trip. I can't make the reservations until tomorrow and the next day since it will be available to make reservations. We will be having breakfast at Minnie and Friends on Saturday the 23rd around 9:30am to 10am. On Sunday, we will be having lunch at Ariel's Grotto - Princess Celebration. There is a lot of planning to go through where my DA and I will have four days of fun with my DA colleague family where they will be at the parks for 5 days. I will get to the details later on when we get closer to the trip report. But first, I still have to work on my two trip reports from last month and last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Bret, great pictures around DL. Looking forward to more. It's fun that you and Fran will have a little DIS meet too. Thanks for sharing.

TK
Hi TK,

Thank you TK. I have been busy lately and I will have some time to write up a quick update of what happened last weekend. It was fun to meet up with PiO, her family, Alison and Fran last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Fantastic Halloween pictures. Enjoy your DISmeets today.
Thank you Kim. We had a great DISmeet on Sunday and Monday. We got to ride a lot of rides during the trip and it was fun.

I have shown some pictures of the Halloween decorations, food and merchandise during the trip. I will be showing some more pictures during the trip and I am still way behind on my trip report during the D23 Expo last month.

Day 1 September 14, 2013 Part 1

I got in Anaheim around 1:30pm since we left Sacramento a little bit earlier than normal. We left around 5am and got to town at 12pm. First my DB, his GF and I head on over to Irvine to drop off some stuff for my DB GF brother who is going to Irvine University. They told me that I didn't have to stay with them too long since he had some help from other friends. So I stayed in Irvine for about an hour and I head on over to Anaheim.

I checked in at Best Western Anaheim but my room wasnt ready so I just left my bags and other stuff in the car until the room was ready so I used that time to go to DL and get photos of the Halloween decorations. Since I wasnt going to meet up with PiO and her family until Saturday, I used Saturday as the day to get as many pictures of the Halloween decorations.

I arrived at the park just before 2pm and it wasnt that busy on a Saturday. So here are pictures from Main Street with the Halloween decorations. Most of the decorations look the same over the years since I have been going to DL during the Halloween season. I didnt go last year since I was at WDW during the Halloween season as well as the Food and Fine Festival at EPCOT.

The Disneyland Railroad Main Station

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln building with the Halloween decorations

The Mad Hatter store (not the one in Fantasyland)

I went in the Disney Showcase store that had all different kind of Halloween decorations and merchandise. Some of the pictures turned out blurry when I was taking pictures. There were a lot of neat costumes and Halloween t-shirts including a light up pumpkin shirt.

I left the Disney Showcase and back out on MS getting as many pictures of the Halloween decorations.

The giant Mickey pumpkin at MS Town Square looks great during the Halloween season.

At first when I was taking pictures of getting the pumpkins on the MS building, it didnt seem like there were too many pumpkins outside and in the windows on the upper levels of the MS buildings. But later on during nighttime, we were able to see them at night.

At the Hub are the land pumpkins with different characters.

Buzz Lightyear of Tomorrowland

Rogger Rabbit of Toontown

Tinker Bell of Fantasyland

Winnie the Pooh of Critter Country

Woody of Frontierland

Jack Skellington of New Orleans Square

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 09-26-2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: I came along with my DB and the time that we got to SoCal was wrong.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #3085
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – September 14, 2013 – Part 2

Here is a quick link to Alison (franandaj) trip report thread during the DISmeet. Ready, Set, Let the Games Begin! - TR Begins on page 64!!

Day 1 September 14, 2013 Part 2

After getting pictures of the Disney character pumpkins at the Hub on MS, I head on over towards the Haunted Mansion Holiday to see what the wait time was like to get on. The park was kind of busy that afternoon where it didnt feel busy on a Saturday afternoon at DL.

When I got to the HMH, the wait time to get on the ride was at 30 minutes and the FP was not opened.

I was not planning on waiting that long to ride HMH, I head on over to Frontierland to see the Dia De Los Muertos.

After seeing Dia De Los Muertos right close to Rancho del Zocalo restaurant, I head on over to the Ray Bradbury tree.

The plaque of The Halloween Tree

After looking at the Ray Bradbury tree, I head on over towards Big Thunder Ranch to see the Halloween Carnival which had a lot of Halloween decorations and activities. In the past during the Halloween season until last year, Halloween Carnival was called Halloween Round-Up which didnt used the Festival Arena.

Outside Big Thunder Ranch

Scare-Dy-Crow Shack which had a lot of Halloween decorations

Back outside the Scare-Dy-Crow Shack

They had the petting area opened at Big Thunder Ranch where you are able to pet the goats

I was now entering the Festival Arena where there is a lot of activities to do.

The schedule during the Halloween Carnival

Thats it for this post and I will have more pictures from the Halloween Carnival.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 09-26-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #3086
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – September 14, 2013 – Part 3

I’m now in the Festival Arena during the Halloween Carnival at DL. It just felt the same like the Jingle Jangle Jamboree during the Christmas season where the Festival Arena is used for different activities. This was my first time being in the Festival Arena with the Halloween decorations since I didn’t see it last year. It felt the same like the Jingle Jangle Jamboree which is all decorated with Halloween decorations and activities for everyone to do including games, food stand which had Halloween treats, character meet & greet tent, etc.

Games for Fun area

Carnival Treats which had some special Halloween treats.

Cotton candy that looks like a candy corn

I did get a treat at the stand which was a spiced apple cider. It was a warm cider drink that was quite warm. I shouldn’t get it since I was warm that day at the parks but I wanted to try it out. Here is the menu at the Carnival Treats stand.

Conjure a Villain tent which had Disney villain characters. I didn’t go inside since the line was long just to get in. I heard that it can take a while to get inside the tent and meet the characters.

Halloween Crafts

There wasn’t anything going on stage but Billy Hill and the Haunted Hillbillies are playing later that day.

One of the CM’s was carving the pumpkins

I was about to leave where Goofy was all dressed up as a skeleton.

Big Thunder Barbeque Halloween Roundup is decorated during the Halloween season.

I left Big Thunder Ranch and I started to head on out of the park since I still have my stuff in my car and didn’t check-in too my room. I wanted to check-in to my room when I got to SoCal but it wasn’t ready. Since I came on a Saturday instead of Friday which I usually come during my trips so the room wasn’t ready when I got here. So I had to go back and also bring my tripod for the nighttime show that night.

While I was walking through Sleeping Beauty Castle, I see that Snow White Wishing Well area is all closed up for refurbishment.

Before I left the park, I had to stop at the Jolly Holiday Bakery at the Plaza Pavilion in MS to see the Halloween treats.

I got the Minnie Pumpkin Demitasse when I was at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. It was nice to have one of the Demitasse during trip.

After having the Demitasse right at the Jolly Holiday Bakery, I walked down MS and had to stop at the Candy Palace to see more of the Halloween treats and there were a lot of different choices of Halloween treats.

When I exited the Candy Palace, I looked at all the different Halloween decorations on the buildings at MS and most of them were unique and different than the ones that I have seen in the past years during the Halloween season.

I left the park and head on back to Best Western Anaheim Inn and check-in to my room around 4pm. I was in the park for a couple of hours just to see all the different Halloween decorations. I unpacked all my stuff that was in my car and I rested up until around 5:15pm when I head back to the park so I would watch the 5:40pm show of Mickey and the Magical Map. I have watched MatMM back in June and this time I was going to videotape the show since I used my camera the last time.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from that Saturday night at DL.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #3087
franandaj

Thanks for the link Brett! That area at the Festival Arena looks really neat. I didn't even know it was there. You always clue me in to great stuff going on that I never know about!

Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #3088
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Love the Halloween decorations pics Brett! Thanks for sharing them with us.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #3089
franandaj

Those sweet treats looked really good! I'm glad I didn't see them or I might have bought some of them and ate them! I need to lose weight since I'm leaving for F&W in a couple days!

Old 09-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #3090
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful day for picture taking you had. They were all wonderful. The Halloween Carnival really looks like fun.

One of my favorite pumpkins was the one from "Up" where the guy was a child in his pilot hat and glasses.

The treat pictures made me hungry.

Someday I'll be back to DL for Halloween. Until then I'm glad you go and do such nice trip reports Bret!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: