Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #76
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
Fairness and unfairness aside, Disney is testing Magic bands because they want real data. If you are "double dipping," you are obscuring the data. Their test results are no longer accurate when you're using both systems.
They told us to use both systems. Just sayin'.
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #77
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fairness and unfairness aside, Disney is testing Magic bands because they want real data. If you are "double dipping," you are obscuring the data. Their test results are no longer accurate when you're using both systems.
Disney is simply rolling out these magicbands. I don't believe they are testing any type of "real data" at all. Especially when resorts are giving you KTTW cards and telling you, you have access to legacy fastpass machines. They are just trying to figure out the kinks in the magicbands.

When we tested last month, my daughter's band never worked, no matter how many times we ended up at our resort or guest relations because of it. Finally they just took it away permanently for "testing purposes".
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #78
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Has anyone who has gotten upset about double-dipping actually had a chance to test? I'm guessing not. It has been awesome, but also a bit of work. there are packages to receive, letters that show up from UPS repeatedly, things to do online, multiple email messages that come that tell you you haven't done 6 of your 12 online things yet even though you have done them all, and then sometimes bands don't work, FP don't show up, etc.

Once they get the kinks out, it is just going to be spectacular (and overall I'd say the experience was definitely positive) but don't think for a second that you are being cheated out of something. We are paying guests and get to use whatever paying guests get to use. We are also testing, and since testing can be a huge pain in the rear, there are some small tokens that make it worth our while. Who would bother testing if there wasn't some sort of perk??
VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #79
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I don't get it? GACs are only for people needing extra help. The problem people have with abusing GACs is only about those that take advantage of GAC's who don't need them or use them to get friends/relatives on a ride when the person who actually needs the GAC isn't even riding. Not many people are bothered by a person who truly needs a GAC using it in the manor prescribed.

FP+ is not supposed to be a hindrance. If the people who can not use FP+ are getting 6 FPs a day, then it is only fair that the people who are using it can get the same amount.

That said, using an old card to get extra fastpasses during this time is completely uncool.
I think they are allowing the double dipping right now because they are only giving 3 FP+ (just to test the system). I seriously doubt it will stay at only 3 when it goes fully live. Will probably be more like 3 advanced bookings and then you can get more as you use one up.

To the posters saying it is unfair, you are right. To make it more fair they should also limit the KTTW to only getting 3 FP per day. That way everyone gets 3 and only 3. But since KTTW could get many more then 3, they let the testers use them too.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #80
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Interesting thread in view of the GAC abuse threads. Gac gaming bad. Fastpass gaming good.
You have GOT to be kidding. These two things are not even in the same ballpark.

I was asked to "test" the MBs, I received KTTW cards upon check-in at AKL CL, and I was TOLD by CMs that I could use my KTTW cards as back-up for any malfunctioning MB issues (ours malfunctioned at various TS restaurants throughout the trip, so it was a darn good thing we had the KYTW cards) and for paper FP.

We used our 3 FP+ (4 in MK) per day and pulled a few extra FP with the KTTW cards when necessary. Hardly "gaming" the system. Good grief.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #81
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No.

I knew I should have printed things out. As I went through the process to set up MBs and FP+s it clearly told me that I could do both. Why on earth woul we sign up to be guinea pigs without also having the ability to do things normally as well?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #82
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Shoot......I'm not even there yet and my account won't let me book fastpass plus yet simply due to the fact I had undercover tourist tickets and their system has bugs accepting it. I was told if not resolved before I get there then guest services would have to fix it.

Sorry....but if it's still in testing stage and I have to be inconvenienced by going to get things resolved I will have absolutely no problem pulling paper fastpasses.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #83
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think this is the case at all. I think they're testing the MBs because they want to discover the kinks, not see who is using what FPs. They already know who is using what FPs and have been amassing that data for years at this point; they know patterns, they know amounts, they know how fast they go, they know about big crowds and small crowds and holiday crowds and....

They've got to work out the kinks with the BANDS working, not the fastpasses. I don't think any data has been obscured unless you have the MB and FP+ and you just put them in your bag and don't use them for anything, including park entrance, FP, charging, etc.
ZehnJahren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #84
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post

I don't think this is the case at all. I think they're testing the MBs because they want to discover the kinks, not see who is using what FPs. They already know who is using what FPs and have been amassing that data for years at this point; they know patterns, they know amounts, they know how fast they go, they know about big crowds and small crowds and holiday crowds and....

They've got to work out the kinks with the BANDS working, not the fastpasses. I don't think any data has been obscured unless you have the MB and FP+ and you just put them in your bag and don't use them for anything, including park entrance, FP, charging, etc.
I totally agree with this. The "data" on FP+ would be rather meaningless right now anyway with only a small percentage of guests participating in the test. I'm not sure what "data" the PP could be referring to?
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #85
countryblonde314
Disney Princess

I want to know how people are comparing the GAC and the Fastpass. Those people that get the GAC to think they get gain over everyone is ignorant, I believe Disney should have a way to input your information in a computer when receiving a GAC and your party that way if they are over heard or seen by a Cast Member that they are abusing the system Disney should allow the Cast Member to take the GAC and put with that persons name that they have abused it and to not receive another one. Yes I have read all the stuff on the new disabilities system and it makes since. I myself have to use the GAC and for many rides the past year or so they have used this system. Disney doesn't advertise the GAC system. It is only to help those who need it, even then if people who use the GAC will say unless they truely need it they use the fastpass instead. With the GAC you wait in the regular line except some of the older rides for example at Magic Kingdom.

For the new fastpass system I was told by the person from Disney helping me set it up that, you can still use the KTTW. Many people say its unfair but really how is anyone without the Magic Band getting as many fastpass as they want fair over those who have only 3. If Disney says its ok and out right say use both I believe that you should after all Disney sets the rules for this product. Disney gives you both for a reason and because the Magic Bands are still in testing there is no data that is accurate because of the kinks in the system. I think that Disney is really seeing how many people decide they like them and if they think it will really all work in the future.

countryblonde314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #86
cobright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic
Disney doesnt want data at this point, they want load.

They need to be sure their system will hold together when a park full of people are using it.

They want to find out where their wifi is deficient under real world conditions.

They can't get this info by havi.g a couple dozen IT peeps roam the park testing it. Something like this they will roll out in stages untill 100% up and running.

One thing they dont care about from the mb/fp+ test, is how many people want to ride a ride or whatever.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #87
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamouse View Post

I don't often respond to people like you on the DIS but I couldn't bite my tongue on this one.

You really need to take a long, hard look out of your window at the world. I am from the UK and our chances to get over to WDW are few and far between due to finances, work and travel. I have worked hard to be able to do our forthcoming trip and give my children a truly magical time.

Will they care if we have FP+ and MB's - NO! They want the magic and I am going to make sure they get it.

Also, there are so many people that dream of being able to do a WDW trip and stay on resort. They would just love to be there - full stop! FP+, No FP+ or MB. They would just love to have the opportunity to step on a plane and enjoy everything Disney has to offer.

So what if double dipping is going on - it's a test period - there is always going to be a grey area.

But you throwing your toys out of the pram like you are some privilaged human being really gets on my nerves.

You should be grateful that you do get to do Disney at all - it's something so many people will only ever be able to dream of.

You attitude stinks!
^^^ this

And by they way bring you old cards and tickets and you can double dip too. Or if you're as "lucky "as this mb tester you can have your kttw cards this trip printed at least ten times bc of the messed up system.

I really should've just used all the cards we got and been fp Santa.

But I didn't.

But we did use our working cards And mb

Muahahahha
Punzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #88
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

Before our resort was added to FP+ I e-mailed Disney to voice my opinion with the double dipping and received an e-mail reply and phone call that yes in deed double dipping was allowed. If that's the policy the CMs need to lose the attitude about it towards guests.
Curious what opinion you voiced to them regarding double dipping and if it changed once your resort was added
Old 09-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #89
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post

I believe you still need a KTTW card for things like EMH.
We just used our bands for emh but the bands do not work half the time for many people *us* so it's vital to keep your kttw with you. They even told us at check in to keep them just in case.

Don't leave home without them folks mb is unpredictable...

Btw those complaining about the mb people pulling fp- what about the many people reporting complete losses of their fp+ choices or those whose bands stopped working for certain things- should they just not be allowed any fp at all?

Last edited by Punzie; 09-24-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #90
jsf0003
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hburke01 View Post
I'm curious what exactly the snarky comment was that the CM made.
At TSM, a female CM said "Oh cool... You're double-dipping. That's against the rules you know."

At ToT, a male CM said "I'm going to allow you to hang on to those FastPasses, but since you're using MB's, you're not allowed to use both systems."

Normally I would stand there and argue with them, but September crowds aren't what they used to be...
jsf0003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: