Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsTheYear View Post
Lol sorry about that.

2 times they were called and they were "too busy" to call back!! I'm sure they were, with putting fees like that on bills.
I don't care that some people think I should pay it. If it was disclosed to me before the appointment, I would absolutely pay it! If they actually did some type of technique to keep her calm and still, then I would pay it! If he spent a lot of time in the room and not just 10 minutes, then I would pay it! But the reality is, nothing was written on the forms that I filled out, I read what I sign! He was only in the room for no more than 10 minutes. 'I' held my daughter and kept her from moving.

Some facts - the clamp was not disposable but was actually used looking. The silicone type material on it was discolored.

They tried to bill my insurance co the $35 fee but they would not pay it. Therefore I received the bill.

I am VERY grateful to have dental coverage!! Like I said, if I felt the dentist or assistant used some techniques or spent extra time with her - I would pay it (although I think it's ridiculous especially for a 'pediatric' dentist).

For all those that think a fee should be charged for working on a child, do you think a Pediatrician should charge an extra fee that is not covered by insurance?
So you don't really know what that charge was for and you are still not going to pay it? Seems a bit premature to make that decision. I agree with the pp, it sounds like you are reacting to the "behavior management" and not looking at it logically. If you speak to someone and find out the facts, they might actually make sense.

You said you read everything you sign, did you sign a financial responsibility form that says you are responsible for any charges not covered by your insurance? If you didn't do it at that visit, I'm sure you did it at a previous one.

ETA, while they told you what the cost would be, there is always the potential of added costs depending on what they end up doing.

Last edited by luvmy3; 09-23-2013 at 06:35 PM.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: