Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #121
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Muir Woods looks beautiful, and I'll definitely remember to get there early!

Love the tree cut so you could see all the rings...just amazing! Less fond of the Yankees hoodie though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Up next- Dim Sum at Yank Sing and a 4 hour tour......
What'd you call me?
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #122
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

What a beautiful forest. I've only been to forests in the South Bay Area. Ill have to remember that one is there and that the walkways are paved.

I'm sort of like Timmy, don't get inbetween me and my food!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #123
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Glad you made it to Muir Woods -it brings back some great memories. It's a beautiful place.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #124
Nora03
Mouseketeer

Loved that you had lots of time at Muir Woods. We took a tour and our time was limited. No time to shop.

You asked me if we liked Celebrity Cruiseline and we do. We have also sailed with Princess (Caribbean and Med) and I think it is comparable. Our cabin on Celebrity was larger, but we splurged since it was a special anniversary and booked a veranda and concierge. We certainly got a good price on this cruise to Alaska from SF as it was a repositioning cruise. We even got a huge discount before we made our final payment ($1,000 discount) and that paid for our shore excursions.

My DH wasn't crazy about going on an Alaskan cruise as he likes to take warm winter vacations, since we have such long cold winters, but I convinced him and he was glad I did! We loved it. The scenery is fabulous - better than we ever thought possible. I know you'd love it and you have to put it on your list!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about Yosemite. I hope you were out of there before the fires started and stayed safe.

Nora
Nora03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #125
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

MY son, the one that just moved today to Long Island City, NY has a picture of the same tree. He did a road trip along the West Coast. He also has a picture of them driving through a tree, which was suppose to be a big no, no with a truck.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #126
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is the cruise I would love to take next summer, but I can't get the boys on-board with the idea of heading north on our summer vacation. So, NOW when I look at the prices I am because it's too late....

Oh- I LOVE that itinerary!! Such a gorgeous drive! Are you stopping at San Simeon? One of our favorite things was going to the Hearst Castle when we did that drive- the stories from there are fascinating!!
Hmm, maybe we should plan a 2016 Alaska cruise! I totally want to do it again - I love the Wonder, and the views from Tracy Arm day were worth the entire cost of the cruise. Gah - I love that cruise! There is still a little part of me sad that we aren't doing it again next summer.

Well, I met with my mom last weekend, and we have tentatively decided on doing the Cali trip! I am sooooooo excited - first to see all my friends in SF and introduce them to Willow! And then to do that amazing drive leisurely over the course of about 4 days, so we can stop everywhere we want (like, yes, Hearst Castle). And then, because we will almost certainly have DLR APs starting January of this year , another 4 or so days there! GAH - perfection!!!

And one of the things we will do while in SF? Muir Woods!!! I loved your updates! You know, I have lived in quite a few places as an adult, and I have this terrible habit of never doing the things that one would do when visiting a place. So I never went to Muir Woods! We will. I am kind of excited to experience SF as a tourist and SF as a parent - I know there are a lot of cool things to do with kids there.

Can't wait for more, Ellen - keep 'em coming!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #127
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

I know I know I know.. Im late... did you expect anything less from me.

So let me catch up.

-Clam chowda looks YUMMY (so does pods beer!)
-I knew I liked Timmy us lefties got to stick together LOL
-The hotel looks awesome!
-Tall people that are afraid of heights crack me up
-The wine and fruit is awesome what a sweetie!
-Dinner looked amazing, minus the oysters.. I mean I eat them but need a few more of pods' beers to do them LOL
-Muir woods looks breathtaking.
-I hear you on the food issue with kids ugg teenagers LOL I particularly love when they say they are starving then order the biggest or most expensive item on the menu and eat 2 bites.. I want to hurt someone.

Glad I was able to catch up before I missed the whole trip LOL
Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 AM   #128
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
-I hear you on the food issue with kids ugg teenagers LOL I particularly love when they say they are starving then order the biggest or most expensive item on the menu and eat 2 bites.. I want to hurt someone.
I'm REALLY glad I never had kids! HA HA HA, they would have been warned that this was not allowed , but even if it was in their thoughts, I would have made them explain when in their leftovers the would have ate them. But since I couldn't have got through the "who is going to change their diapers phase?" I never would have had kids, plus there is the whole question of where the sperm would have come from! It just wasn't happening!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #129
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Those woods look awesome. I do love woods. We had a couple that we owned when I was a kid and I just enjoyed going there and walking around and having fun by myself or with my cousins. Now I get my fill at the local metro parks when I get time.
NICE!!! I spent alot of time in them as a kid, too- they were across the street from my house and it was the neighborhood hangout- now I don't have to cross the street, our house backs up to them, but I am kinda over building forts, lol- I DO still enjoy all the wildlife in them-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
What wonderful pictures. It is just breath-taking. Thanks for the videos imbedded, they just added to the feeling of being there.

Oh good! I am so glad- I was hoping it would!

Do you think you could have stayed longer at Muir Woods? Just trying to figure out how much time out of a trip to dedicate to it.

Me? Yes. My kids? They were done, but might have gone back another day, especially if it involved that other hike. I think 2 hours is an average visit there- but there is alot of opportunity for more or even longer hikes.

Can't wait to see what is coming up next!

Christine
Lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Muir Woods looks beautiful, and I'll definitely remember to get there early!

Really- parking is a problem!

Love the tree cut so you could see all the rings...just amazing! Less fond of the Yankees hoodie though.

I'm going to overlook that second comment...

What'd you call me?
You heard me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
What a beautiful forest. I've only been to forests in the South Bay Area. Ill have to remember that one is there and that the walkways are paved.

Yes! You would both be able to do it on scooters- I was thinking of you while we were there-

I'm sort of like Timmy, don't get inbetween me and my food!
I don't do well hungry either- but Timmy....he is the WORST!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
Glad you made it to Muir Woods -it brings back some great memories. It's a beautiful place.
Me too- I have been dreaming of it since we first visited 20+ years ago.....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #130
Beth D
DIS Veteran

You've been an updating machine this week! Holy photos batman! I have got to get out to Cali for more than work!

Those woods look absolutely stunning! I also love the bridge photo with the fog!

Although i just found out I'll get to join DS for a weekend before a work conference in Dallas in November. TA Ellen, oh queen, any suggestions for Texas? I'll get to cross off another state from the list!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #131
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Wow! You are having a great trip so far and you just got out the door. LOL
The soup looked so good.
A store for me. LOL. I love being a lefty.
All the dinners looked great.
The flowers are all gorgeous.
What a gorgeous view at night from your balcony. Nice place to enjoy wine.
The breakfast looked wonderful.
LOL at him in the elevator.
I would love to go into woods like that. I love trees.
That looked like a great place to visit. I want to go out there and just see the redwoods and visit all of the woods and San Francisco oh and Disneyland. LOL
Wow! People take cabs up into the woods.
All caught up.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #132
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

]
Oh Ellen. What a trip. THE TREES. Just seem so magical. Seems like they could easily touch the soul. Loved all of the pictures and the video.

Thank you so very much.

And your pictures are breathtakingly gorgeous.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #133
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Yay for the redwoods. The smell is the best part!!!!!!! Crazy about the crowds and parking though, smart to beat it.

The breakfast at Pier 23 was really good, I had huevos rancheros and Jeff had a breakfast sammie (ham, cheese, egg on sourdough) with some kind of potatoes. It was fabulous and it's an amazing location. Plus they make a darn tasty bloody!
Old 09-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #134
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just keepin' up Ellen !!!What are your thoughts on the new DAS???????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #135
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I was thinking of you today. Thinking "Thank goodness Ellen got that trip to Yosemite in before the government shut down!"

I have a friend with a trip planned to the Grand Canyon leaving very soon. She is now sobbing on Facebook since it looks like her vacation was just completely destroyed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: