Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Kids under 7 aren't placed in the outside seats of this ride so she is in no danger of flying out of the truck.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Wow! This DL board is so much more lax than the WDW board is. Awhile back I made a joke about getting a kid platform shoes to be able to ride something and I almost got banned.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post
Wow! This DL board is so much more lax than the WDW board is. Awhile back I made a joke about getting a kid platform shoes to be able to ride something and I almost got banned.
Ooooh I've seen threads like that here too! Maybe you caught us on a chill day! HAHA!!
Here4mydisneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post
It's still early Hopefully this one won't get like that, especially since the OP has come back to say they won't try to skirt the rules, but I have seen plenty go that direction!

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH), Nov. '14 (GCH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #20
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinspirit View Post
DD6 is one inch too short for Indiana Jones. What are the chances that her runners would give her that extra she needs vs sandals? Maybe with a folded napkin in the heel? haaha First ever Disney trip Sept 19-28 2013 8O
I am not going to lecture you on the dangers of someone too short riding as I am sure someone already did or will. I will say that my DS measured right at 46" without shoes on just before we left. His shoes gave barely any height. When we arrived at the line to get measured, he refused to stand up straight (probably because he changed his mind about riding). He was less than 1/8" short according to their marker. They would not let him on. I explained that he was measured without shoes at the doctor's office. The CM said they must measure up on their ride without assistance from the parent (as I tried to get him to stand up straight). Unless shoes are obviously giving too much height (in which case they may direct the kid to remove them for the measurement), they will let the kid on as long as the bar touches the top of the head.

If you DD is too short this time, it gives her something to look forward to this time. My DS6 now is over 48", so no matter how much he slinks, he will clear the line. We're riding next month.

Indy is almost exactly like Dinosaur at AK and that only has a 40" height limit. I am sure there is a reason, but I find that odd.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
rosie2283
Mouseketeer

On our first trip my DD was 6. She was just talk enough. In fact, she was so dead on that she got measured at the start of the ride and then again when we got to the loading dock. We were so glad she was able to ride and we were all excited to go. Well, needless to say, DD hated Indy. It spooked her enough she refused to ride it again 😞
rosie2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

I have witnessed on Indy, at the Handicap gate, CMs pulling out children to be measured, and have had them remove shoes that had a heel to remeasure. The shoes did have at least a 1" heel on them. So, putting them in a taller shoe, if the shoe looks tall, can back fire.

Personally, we just wait. It really isn't worth it to put them on a ride early.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #23
starshine514
DIS Veteran

We had a strange experience not being measured at Indy. In May, DD6 decided she wanted to ride. We measured her one evening and she was right on the edge (probably could've slid a sheet of paper though, but not much else). So, we figured she would be tall enough in the morning (since your spine compresses during the day). The next morning, we grabbed FPs and went through the FP line at our appointed time, the CM at the entrance looked at the time on our FPs and waved us through, the next CM took our FPs and waved us through, then the CM at the gate quickly assigned us a vehicle row and we got in. I was shocked that not once did they measure my daughter. She couldn't have been measuring more than 46.5", but none of them even bothered to check. She didn't care for the ride, so we only rode it the one time. It seemed odd to me, because she was still getting measured for Big Thunder last December - and she had to have been at least 43" tall then.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort

starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine514 View Post
We had a strange experience not being measured at Indy. In May, DD6 decided she wanted to ride. We measured her one evening and she was right on the edge (probably could've slid a sheet of paper though, but not much else). So, we figured she would be tall enough in the morning (since your spine compresses during the day). The next morning, we grabbed FPs and went through the FP line at our appointed time, the CM at the entrance looked at the time on our FPs and waved us through, the next CM took our FPs and waved us through, then the CM at the gate quickly assigned us a vehicle row and we got in. I was shocked that not once did they measure my daughter. She couldn't have been measuring more than 46.5", but none of them even bothered to check. She didn't care for the ride, so we only rode it the one time. It seemed odd to me, because she was still getting measured for Big Thunder last December - and she had to have been at least 43" tall then.
Unless it changed recently, Indy's height requirement is 46". If she was 46.5, she was tall enough to ride. They should have checked but maybe they just saw she was over the bar as she passed. My DS got measured a lot of 40" rides way after he passed that height too.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
aleighc1
Mad in Wonderland

I didn't want to risk any disappointment or hurt feelings on our trip, so I measured each of my kids in advance (without shoes), and gave them all a card with a list of the rides they could do. (I also made a card for myself so I could keep track while in the park and make a plan on what to do with the ones that were too small while the big ones rode certain things) My younger kids felt pretty awesome getting their own "ride pass", and we had no issues or tears about rides in the park.

I agree with the others that Indy is a rough ride, I'm glad to hear you are willing to skip it this time around and not try to get around the rules.
aleighc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Just checked. Indy is still only 46. It has been 46 for a while too, so she was tall enough when you rode.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #27
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Unless it changed recently, Indy's height requirement is 46". If she was 46.5, she was tall enough to ride. They should have checked but maybe they just saw she was over the bar as she passed. My DS got measured a lot of 40" rides way after he passed that height too.
Yes, she was tall enough to ride. I wouldn't have taken her on the ride if she wasn't tall enough. I'm just saying that they should have checked her and they didn't.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort

starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #28
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine514 View Post
Yes, she was tall enough to ride. I wouldn't have taken her on the ride if she wasn't tall enough. I'm just saying that they should have checked her and they didn't.
I agree. That is why I said she was tall enough, but they should have checked. They still may have seen her clear the bar though (even if it was only 1/2").
Old 09-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #29
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post
My DS5 was just barely not tall enough last visit, DH said they could slide a paper through between his head and the marker. They wouldn't let him ride, and we were ok with it. We use it now as an excuse to eat his veggies at dinner....do you want to be tall enough to ride Indy? Gotta eat your veggies! LOL.
That's a great idea I love the eat your veggies as an incentive to ride Indiana Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
Kids under 7 aren't placed in the outside seats of this ride so she is in no danger of flying out of the truck.
NOW they do but at the time I witnessed what I did the kid was on the outside and the kid looked to be around 6 years old.
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #30
Dot2Vegas
DIS Veteran

I would resist the urge to fake her height. Its just not safe. You don't personally know why those rules are in place, so you don't know the risk in breaking them.
It may not help you guys, but the anticipation of finally being tall enough was exciting for my girls. It was a big Disney milestone when they were able to finally ride!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: