Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
ninamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post
Just my new stupid plastic card was a major inconvenience on our last trip. I had perfectly good 10 day no exp tix that they convinced me to exchange for the plastic POS. It did not work when we went to get into MK, after busting our butts to get there for Rope Drop. Wasted an hour or more in guest services line to fix their mistake. But I would still be glad to have a chance at FP+.
I don't often respond to people like you on the DIS but I couldn't bite my tongue on this one.

You really need to take a long, hard look out of your window at the world. I am from the UK and our chances to get over to WDW are few and far between due to finances, work and travel. I have worked hard to be able to do our forthcoming trip and give my children a truly magical time.

Will they care if we have FP+ and MB's - NO! They want the magic and I am going to make sure they get it.

Also, there are so many people that dream of being able to do a WDW trip and stay on resort. They would just love to be there - full stop! FP+, No FP+ or MB. They would just love to have the opportunity to step on a plane and enjoy everything Disney has to offer.

So what if double dipping is going on - it's a test period - there is always going to be a grey area.

But you throwing your toys out of the pram like you are some privilaged human being really gets on my nerves.

You should be grateful that you do get to do Disney at all - it's something so many people will only ever be able to dream of.

You attitude stinks!

Disneyland California 1990
Disneyland California 1993
WDW 1995
WDW 2002
WDW 2005
WDW 2008
WDW CBR 2013
ninamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamouse View Post
I don't often respond to people like you on the DIS but I couldn't bite my tongue on this one.

You really need to take a long, hard look out of your window at the world. I am from the UK and our chances to get over to WDW are few and far between due to finances, work and travel. I have worked hard to be able to do our forthcoming trip and give my children a truly magical time.

Will they care if we have FP+ and MB's - NO! They want the magic and I am going to make sure they get it.

Also, there are so many people that dream of being able to do a WDW trip and stay on resort. They would just love to be there - full stop! FP+, No FP+ or MB. They would just love to have the opportunity to step on a plane and enjoy everything Disney has to offer.

So what if double dipping is going on - it's a test period - there is always going to be a grey area.

But you throwing your toys out of the pram like you are some privilaged human being really gets on my nerves.

You should be grateful that you do get to do Disney at all - it's something so many people will only ever be able to dream of.

You attitude stinks!
Yes, being at Disney is a privilege. A privilege that most people pay thousands of dollars to experience. Therefore, expecting things to work as they should is not too much to ask.

Having a major portion of your "magical" vacation taken up by standing in line to get something fixed that should have worked correctly from the start is a major inconvenience and I completely understand being irritated/upset/annoyed by it.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #18
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post

Just my new stupid plastic card was a major inconvenience on our last trip. I had perfectly good 10 day no exp tix that they convinced me to exchange for the plastic POS. It did not work when we went to get into MK, after busting our butts to get there for Rope Drop. Wasted an hour or more in guest services line to fix their mistake. But I would still be glad to have a chance at FP+.
#Firstworldproblems #Bitterbugbitten

Seriously though, could we get a bit of perspective? It's still testing. Lots of people don't and didn't have the chance to get FP+. I'm pretty sure they're all okay and you will be too. Next trip you'll have the chance to use it without issues and bugs.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
Samdari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
That's seriously not cool that they were making comments, since the info given on disneyworld.com when I was making my FP+ test reservations clearly stated that I would still be able to use normal FP.
Really?

Where did it say that?

I thought the ToS said exactly the opposite?
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

This thread should have #fistworldproblems as a title...
Old 09-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #21
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
This thread should have #fistworldproblems as a title...

This entire site should have #firstworldproblems as a title.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #22
Oswald78
Earning My Ears

That's odd that CMs would make a comment in the first place considering CMs and guests of CMs staying at a MB testing resort can not participate in FP+. They should know a MB does not equate to FP+.
Oswald78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
That's seriously not cool that they were making comments, since the info given on disneyworld.com when I was making my FP+ test reservations clearly stated that I would still be able to use normal FP.
Before our resort was added to FP+ I e-mailed Disney to voice my opinion with the double dipping and received an e-mail reply and phone call that yes in deed double dipping was allowed. If that's the policy the CMs need to lose the attitude about it towards guests.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #24
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
Well if wouldn't be fair to the FP+ testers if we were limited to 3 FP+ per day per park while everyone else was able to grab as many paper FP as they wanted, now would it?
^^^ Agree with this!!!! On prior trips, we'd easily pull 5 FPs per day...

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #25
ShepFam
Mouseketeer

Fair can be a relative term!

We were there in August and participated in the magic bands/fastpass+ testing. My biggest concern was that the fastpass+ limits you to three fastpasses at only one park and we pay extra for the park hopping option. Honestly, I think we "double dipped" twice during our eight day stay because the reservations on the fastpass+ were enough for us. But being able to use the traditional fastpass system at a second park was essential because we do two parks each day so we had no fastpass+ reservations every day for at least one park. I can see that it seems unfair, and it probably is, but there's always a flip side to everything!
ShepFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #26
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes

I don't know of any cast members who exactly CARE that you use both at this moment, so I don't know who you encountered..

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain

Hollywoodhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
It is a test. The people doing the testing are working through a bunch of issues, in order for Disney to be able to roll out the program and not have a park full of angry guests.

And when has it been determined that life is fair? I must have missed that memo.

Plus, how many people ONLY use 3 fast passes on a trip anyway? The only park where we don't have more than 2 MUST do attractions is Epcot. Just because I have 3 fp+ at MK doesn't mean I can't get fp's for rides I don't have on my fp+.

Once this rolls out to everyone, I'd like like a show of hands of all the people who will ONLY use the 3 fp+ options and NOT get fp's for the other rides.

ETA: Like said above in another post, for park hopping, you have no choice but to use the traditional fp machines. These problems would not exist if people would just keep their noses out of the business of others. Unless you have a copy of their travel plan, you have NO idea what they are doing, what fp's they have, etc. mind your own business.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #28
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
It is a test. The people doing the testing are working through a bunch of issues, in order for Disney to be able to roll out the program and not have a park full of angry guests. And when has it been determined that life is fair? I must have missed that memo.
No kidding..sometimes other people get stuff you don't, like upgrades, towel animals, and other pixie dust .
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #29
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

Plus, how many people ONLY use 3 fast passes on a trip anyway? The only park where we don't have more than 2 MUST do attractions is Epcot. Just because I have 3 fp+ at MK doesn't mean I can't get fp's for rides I don't have on my fp+.

Once this rolls out to everyone, I'd like like a show of hands of all the people who will ONLY use the 3 fp+ options and NOT get fp's for the other rides.
Not only that, but it would completely alienate the park hopper folks which also 'isn't fair.'
Old 09-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #30
Fratthouse
Mouseketeer

It's strange to me that CM would say anything because, as many others have said, there is clear indication from Disney that "double dipping" is allowed. We stayed in Club Level at the Contemporary earlier this month, and concierge told us (and we very clearly overheard them telling other families) that we were allowed to pull paper fastpasses in addition to the FP+ on our magic bands. Seems like another instance of inconsistent training.

Grand Floridian 2009
Contemporary 2010
Poly 2012
Contemporary 2013 CL
Animal Kingdom Villas 2013
Off-site July 2014
Boardwalk CL Sept 2014
Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 2014
Fratthouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: