Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
jsf0003
Earning My Ears

FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

Yes, it still works.

However, we encountered a few CM's that were not happy with us for taking advantage of it.

A piece of advice...

Take off your magic band before approaching the paper FP machines.

You'll avoid the catty CM comments that way.
jsf0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
Ametista
DIS Veteran

Well, as one of the grunts who didn't get FP+ it isn't really fair if you guys get both. Just sayin'. I am pretty grumpy that I don't get FP+.
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
cobright
DIS Veteran

We don't have fp+, we have a pre-roll out version of fp+ that works ~most~ of the time.

To use them we must make use of a brand new hardware system, run on brandnew software with brand new databases and a brand new web interface.

Disney is essentially breaking in a new system with the load magic band testers are putting on it and the results are nothing close to predictable.

What do you have to go through to make use of the classic fp? Why should I have to give up something that everyone else gets just because I volunteer to help Disney roll out a new system that, when it goes live, everyone will get to enjoy?

You should be thankful that there are so many of us willing to help get this system up and running for you so you wont have to deal with as many of the headaches.

You're welcome.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Mickey's Best Girl
Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse.... what else is there?

Catty comments from CMs would not go over well with me.

While my group is testing MB we are not taking part in FP+. We simply don't want to do any planning and since Legacy FP us still around, that's what we're using.

So the CMs should probably keep their comments to themselves as I'm sure we're not the only ones visiting who will be doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Sept. '89, offsite ** Oct. '98, offsite ** April '06, Pop ** Dec. '07, Pop ** Nov. '08, CBR ** Nov. '09 4 nights @ POR - 3 nights on DCL Wonder - 7 nights @ Pop ** April '10, Pop ** Nov. '10, Pop ** April '11, Pop ** Oct. '11, Pop - endured 40th anniversary mayhem and lived to tell the story, barely ** April '12, Pop ** October '12, AOA Mermaid ** October '13, Pop
Mickey's Best Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Ametista
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobright View Post
We don't have fp+, we have a pre-roll out version of fp+ that works ~most~ of the time.

To use them we must make use of a brand new hardware system, run on brandnew software with brand new databases and a brand new web interface.

Disney is essentially breaking in a new system with the load magic band testers are putting on it and the results are nothing close to predictable.

What do you have to go through to make use of the classic fp? Why should I have to give up something that everyone else gets just because I volunteer to help Disney roll out a new system that, when it goes live, everyone will get to enjoy?

You should be thankful that there are so many of us willing to help get this system up and running for you so you wont have to deal with as many of the headaches.

You're welcome.
Ooh. What a hero. Seriously.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
jsf0003
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post
Ooh. What a hero. Seriously.
You should probably know that we experienced SEVERAL problems with the bands. Mine stopped working half way through our trip for ALL food & beverage transactions and wouldn't communicate with the DDP. It was a MAJOR inconvenience at every meal and every time I tried to redeem a snack credit. The ability to double dip helped make the problems easier to swallow.

So don't feel like you're missing out by not having bands. There's a pretty good chance yours wouldn't work either.
jsf0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
Ametista
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf0003 View Post
You should probably know that we experienced SEVERAL problems with the bands. Mine stopped working half way through our trip for ALL food & beverage transactions and wouldn't communicate with the DDP. It was a MAJOR inconvenience at every meal and every time I tried to redeem a snack credit. The ability to double dip helped make the problems easier to swallow.

So don't feel like you're missing out by not having bands. There's a pretty good chance yours wouldn't work either.
Just my new stupid plastic card was a major inconvenience on our last trip. I had perfectly good 10 day no exp tix that they convinced me to exchange for the plastic POS. It did not work when we went to get into MK, after busting our butts to get there for Rope Drop. Wasted an hour or more in guest services line to fix their mistake. But I would still be glad to have a chance at FP+.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

That's seriously not cool that they were making comments, since the info given on disneyworld.com when I was making my FP+ test reservations clearly stated that I would still be able to use normal FP.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #9
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

We arrive Oct 21 and have set up FP+ times for each day. BUT...since we hate planning our days ahead of time (which is why we do not like ADRs, either) we may or MAY NOT use those FP times. If we walk up to a FP machine and are able to get a paper FP from it, I will take it!

Also, just because a guest is wearing a band on their wrist does not mean there are any FP times attached to it. CM's should not be making any comments to guests regarding this!

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #10
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Well, as one of the grunts who didn't get FP+ it isn't really fair if you guys get both. Just sayin'. I am pretty grumpy that I don't get FP+.
^ this ^
It really isn't fair...

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #11
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf0003 View Post
Yes, it still works.

However, we encountered a few CM's that were not happy with us for taking advantage of it.

A piece of advice...

Take off your magic band before approaching the paper FP machines.

You'll avoid the catty CM comments that way.
Thanks! I hadn't really planned to try to use both systems at once if the beta system is working, but I may have to pull some legacy Fastpasses now just cuz I can never resist a little bit of this.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #12
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
^ this ^
It really isn't fair...
It is a test. The people doing the testing are working through a bunch of issues, in order for Disney to be able to roll out the program and not have a park full of angry guests.

And when has it been determined that life is fair? I must have missed that memo.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #13
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post

^ this ^
It really isn't fair...
Well if wouldn't be fair to the FP+ testers if we were limited to 3 FP+ per day per park while everyone else was able to grab as many paper FP as they wanted, now would it?
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #14
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Of course it isn't fair...but life isn't fair as we all know. However, The use of MB and FP+ is by invitation and not command, so I don't buy the notion that it would be unfair to those who CHOOSE to participate in the testing to be stuck with just the FP+ option when non testers can pull however many legacy passes they want.

At some point, the double dipping will end, and then we'll see how FP+ really is.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #15
momtotwoteens
OIB for me!

Quote:
I don't know if your trip has passed or not, but you can always switch to a resort that's testing. That's what we did because I wanted to try it out.
10/99 First trip ever! 12/07! Jan. 30-Feb. 7, 2009 Baby Girl's Sweet 16 trip! Dec. 13-18, 2010 Mom and Dad trip! Dec. 2-8, 2011 Mom and Dad trip take two!, Feb. '12 Friend's trip, Oct. '12 Granddaughter's 1st visit, Jan. '13 1st time staying at WLand first APs ever!, April '13 1st F&G Festival, May '13 SW, DC and the Mouse!, Aug '13 Bday trip at WL, Sept '13 Granddaughter's 2nd trip, Dec '13 Best Friend's Trip

momtotwoteens is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: