Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #121
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post

I am not exactly sure how the Photopass will work. I would assume that it would be tied to anyone in your Family and Friends network but don't quote me on that.
I would NOT want to be the guinea pig to test PP+ on my magic bands..
My pics are to important to me..

It will be regular PP+ cards for us until I hear ALL the glitches work out..

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #122
2boys2cute
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
I would NOT want to be the guinea pig to test PP+ on my magic bands..
My pics are to important to me..

It will be regular PP+ cards for us until I hear ALL the glitches work out..
We are going at the end of October and I already have my magic bands! In regards to PP+, I was told by a CM when I called for clarification that although magic bands will be able to be used for regular photopass (if you add them), because you need the special card on a lanyard to differentiate you as a someone with photopass+, that you will always need the card for that purpose. To get your dining and ride pics etc... Does that make sense? You need the photopass+ lanyard basically so CM know that you have it.
2boys2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #123
Mckymousefn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2

Not yet. Only guests with check ins on or before 10/31 have access to the system at this time. Those of us with November check ins () will have to wait a bit longer. Keep checking your MDE account and these boards. Once November goes live you'll definitely see something posted on the DIS!

You're welcome. As far as the DDP, all of your credits are pooled so they should only have to scan one band. The same was true when KTTW cards were use. Disclaimer: We never use the DDP so perhaps another poster who does can verify the above.

Eventually you will be able to use a card for the FP+s, allowing those guests who don't want to wear the bands to opt out. During testing, however, you need to be checking into a testing resort to get access to the bands and FP+. I know it stinks, but technically you are checking into a non-testing resort since it goes live the next day. Is there any way you could cancel your first night and book it somewhere else that is testing (Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Art of Animation, etc.) and then check into POFQ on the 30th? Or perhaps you could move your stay completely to POR since they are testing. Just a couple of options. The Legacy (old, paper ticket style) FP machines are still in the parks so you will still be able to get FPs on your trip.
Yea I know.... And since we leave in 4 days and are driving, we will have to go without this trip. Don't want to go through all the hassle of canceling or moving a day.

Mckymousefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #124
2binak
DVC Owner

I feel like a newbie with all of this MB talk but this thread is really helpful Thank you OP for putting it together!

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #125
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post
I feel like a newbie with all of this MB talk but this thread is really helpful Thank you OP for putting it together!
You're welcome. Glad it helped.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #126
Williamjdisney
If my ears are itchy it's time to visit Mickey!

Help with understanding if I "Linked" my tickets right

Hi all,

I tried posting this question on another thread without any luck....

I am able see my UCT purchase tickets under the My Reservations section of MDE but not under the Magic Bands and Cards.... Are my tickets linked?

We are staying at BLT with rented DVC points and want to give myself every opportunity to get our MAgic Bands before our Nov 16th trip.

Have I done everything I can?

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #127
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamjdisney View Post
Hi all,

I tried posting this question on another thread without any luck....

I am able see my UCT purchase tickets under the My Reservations section of MDE but not under the Magic Bands and Cards.... Are my tickets linked?

We are staying at BLT with rented DVC points and want to give myself every opportunity to get our MAgic Bands before our Nov 16th trip.

Have I done everything I can?

Thanks!
Go to the main Disney page and hover your mouse over the My Disney Experience tab on the top right. Select My Reservations from the drop down menu. If you see your passes under the Tickets section you are all set.

BTW, you should be able to personalize your bands and select FP+s now. They opened access to the system to November check ins this evening.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #128
Mayhem1976
Mouseketeer

I'm actually on hold with Disney to fix my linked UCT tickets!

I checked and I can customize the Magic Bands. I'm doing a split stay, 1 night at CSR and 6 at AKL. It gives me the option to get 2 sets? Do i?

If I get 1 set, when we switch resorts will they just add the room keys to the band?

Can we add our tickets to the Magic bands at the resort?
Thank you all, back to reading through to see if I missed all this!

CSR 2002, CBR 2009, BC 2012, AKL 2013
Mayhem1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #129
patclairesmom
Mouseketeer

Not sure if this has been asked before, but....We are staying offsite a few days before we check into AKV. We were planning on going to Epcot during one of those offsite day. Can we use our magic bands with our linked tickets before we check into AKV?

patclairesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #130
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem1976 View Post
I checked and I can customize the Magic Bands. I'm doing a split stay, 1 night at CSR and 6 at AKL. It gives me the option to get 2 sets? Do i?

If I get 1 set, when we switch resorts will they just add the room keys to the band?

Can we add our tickets to the Magic bands at the resort?
Thank you all, back to reading through to see if I missed all this!
Nothing is stored on the bands. They contain a chip that "talks" to Disney's database to access the I formation in your MDE profile. Therefore, any band that is programmed for you access the same information in your profile. Your two bands should each work for your entire trip. I say should because the system is still new and there are some glitches. You will want to bring both sets of bands with you, just in case.

As for using the bands early, I know you can with an AP, but I am not sure about regular tickets. I would assume they would work. You will not be able to schedule FP+s for those days in advance, but you will be able to use the kiosks in the parks each day.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #131
Mayhem1976
Mouseketeer

Thanks, when I was on the phone with Disney about my FP+ stuff, they said just keep one set for a souviner!

CSR 2002, CBR 2009, BC 2012, AKL 2013
Mayhem1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #132
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem1976 View Post
Thanks, when I was on the phone with Disney about my FP+ stuff, they said just keep one set for a souviner!
I would definitely bring both sets with you for this trip. There have been a few glitches reported and having them would make any issue easier to fix. The odds are that you will not need them, but better to be safe than sorry.

FYI, we have chosen a different color each time we get a new set of bands. That way, since they will work interchangeably, we can choose which color we want on any given day.

Have a great trip!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #133
ThisIsTheYear
Too far from Mickey!

Question Linking reservations with friends

I made a separate post but maybe someone here knows-

How do I link up our reservations with our friends who also have MYW packages? I added all of their names to my friends list but only one person is showing up when i go to add the attractions.
I have their reservation number, can't I put that in somewhere?
11/2013 - POP Century
ThisIsTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #134
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsTheYear View Post
I made a separate post but maybe someone here knows-

How do I link up our reservations with our friends who also have MYW packages? I added all of their names to my friends list but only one person is showing up when i go to add the attractions.
I have their reservation number, can't I put that in somewhere?
Okay...step by step...

1. Send an invitation to the person who manages the other account.
2. Once he/she accepts your invitation go to Add a Guest and click on Select from Mutual Friends
3. From the drop down menu, click on the guest you linked to.
4. The rest of the people in their account should then load.
5. Do this for every one of the people in the other account.
6. Once this is done you should see the specific icon (Tinkerbell, Goofy, etc.) that your friend chose for each person in his/her group.
7. If, after this process, your friend cannot see your family he/she should to the above to add your family to their profile

Last edited by MouseMomx2; 09-25-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #135
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Okay...step by step...

1. Send an invitation to the person who manages the other account.
2. Once he/she accepts your invitation go to Add a Guest and click on Select from Mutual Friends
3. From the drop down menu, click on the guest you linked to.
4. The rest of the people in their account should then load.
5. Do this for every one of the people in the other account.
6. Once this is done you should see the specific icon (Tinkerbell, Goofy, etc.) that your friend chose for each person in his/her group.
7. Your friend should to the above to add your family as well.
I've never had to do step 7. After I've invited someone and they've accepted, I was included in their Family & Friends list.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: