Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
.....your TR is already up to page 7!!

Hmmmmm.....I have gots to get caught up.
(love the topic)
I am very excited for you- SUCH a great place!

hey - Q: did you take the trolley?? how much of a challenge was it to take it or didcha walk??

We took a cable car, that was very easy from Fisherman's wharf right to where we were staying. The lines for trolleys in August are INSANE!!! The best advice we heard (from our private tour guide) was to ride very early or very late- but with everything we had packed in while we were there, those times didn't fit in, and T&T were ok not riding (Pods and I have in the past). I hope you have better luck in January!

I am going to China town from Pier 39 via the trolley (in early January) to Union Square and back & just a wonderin'.

T.T.F.N.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora03 View Post
Hi Ellen,
I am so excited for you and your California trip. What a nice gesture from your Dis friend to send you a welcome/thank you gift! You definitely deserve it for giving us all many hours of pleasure reading your trip reports.

Thank you so much! And it was the sweetest, most special feeling every time we took a sip or a bite!

I was very lucky to visit San Francisco in 2010. We planned an Alaska cruise for our 40th anniversary and I was sooo smart and found a Celebrity Alaskan cruise sailing out of San Francisco! So we had four fabulous days in San Francisco before sailing off to the beautiful scenery in Alaska. I'll never forget it.

Smart girl! How was celebrity? How was Alaska? I am dying to go!!!

Looking forward to seeing your photos and thoughts of Muir Woods. We thought it was amazing.

Nora
I adore Muir Woods- such a peaceful, serene, beautiful and awe inspiring place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Sadly, I haven't yet. HOWEVER, I am heavily into vacation planning for 2014 right now. My mom wants to do something with us - we were going to do the DCL Alaska cruise again, but the family friend who would split a stateroom with my mom bailed on us, so that probably won't happen. I think it's a blessing in disguise, because the cost is , and I'd rather put that off a year.

That is the cruise I would love to take next summer, but I can't get the boys on-board with the idea of heading north on our summer vacation. So, NOW when I look at the prices I am because it's too late....

So I am making a list of options for my mom and will be going over all of them with her shortly. Top of my list are Hawaii and .. wait for it .... fly to SF and spend a few days visiting friends and family and enjoying the city, then rent a car and drive the Pacific Coast Highway over the course of 4-5 days, and then end with a few days at DLR! OMG - I am LOVING this idea!!!
Oh- I LOVE that itinerary!! Such a gorgeous drive! Are you stopping at San Simeon? One of our favorite things was going to the Hearst Castle when we did that drive- the stories from there are fascinating!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: