Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
ariel71
For all my luck, the Google car would drive by right then, and when I want to sell my house next year, all people would see is a yard full of flamingos when they Google the address.

Another thread with many villagers responding with tar and feathers ("reporting to the BBB", "posting on facebook", "unethical") to a very one-sided post. OP's depiction of events may indeed be completely factual, but the truth is we don't have an objective story and IMO those statements are reckless and unwarranted at this point.

- OP just got the bill yesterday and has not discussed it with the practice.
- Humans aren't very good at time perception. Unless OP looked at her watch, "5 minutes" aren't necessarily 5 minutes (OP may have looked at her watch; we don't know). What was initially 5 minutes for the dentist then became 10 minutes in a later post when adding in "getting information". Unless we have the complete picture of the entire appointment compared to what the average appointment for this procedure would be, no one can say that the fee is unreasonable.
- The fee is probably based on additional time for all of the staff and not just the dentist himself. Did they have to keep the room occupied for an extra 10 minutes after the procedure before OP's daughter calmed down? Just saying there could be other factors that OP hasn't mentioned.
- The fee could have been outlined in the initial paperwork that new patients fill out (similar to missed appointment fees). Many people just glance over those forms and don't read them carefully.

I get that OP is angry and perhaps justifiably so. I'm not siding against OP. I think that ideally any practice should disclose possible fees like this with new patients (before the initial appointment). But similar to the "why is escalation the immediate response" thread, I just don't understand any response at this point other than to discuss it with the practice on Monday.
ariel71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: