Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

DDP question about number of days

I have two trips reserved, one this year and one in March. We have decided to do the DDP for both and used the calculator to decide whether it would be a good deal based on our reservations. This morning when I put in our dates, the calculator kept adding the number of days rather than nights to determine the number of meals. For example, our first stay is five days , four nights. There is no way we could use a extra days worth of meals due to flight times. Is this a glitch in the calculator?
Canadian Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

Tried it again and it is still using number of days, not nights. Did something change that I don't know about?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I haven't used it in the past few weeks, but when you select your choices on the top it asks for the number of nights... Did that change or its not reading it correctly? Is the box on the bottom that shows available credits showing 5 instead of 4? If its just adding credits incorrectly I'd just change the number to 3 if that would get it to show 4 nights worth of credits.

Maybe try to download it again?
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
captaine hook
Earning My Ears

From what I understand and was told the food credits are good until midnight on the day you checkout we alway get 7 nights 8 days you only pay for whole days so in my case it's 7 the 8day does not count and we usually use what ever credits are left for breakfast and drinks, snacks to go hope this helps
captaine hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

The calculator asks you for dates which you roll into place for arrivals and departures. Mine is five days, four nights and before , when I booked in different restaurants, it always calculated value based on number of nights. For some reason this morning, it is adding in the extra day into the calculation. I know this is not correct unless there has been a change in the way the plan is calculated. Weird.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl View Post
The calculator asks you for dates which you roll into place for arrivals and departures. Mine is five days, four nights and before , when I booked in different restaurants, it always calculated value based on number of nights. For some reason this morning, it is adding in the extra day into the calculation. I know this is not correct unless there has been a change in the way the plan is calculated. Weird.
Nope, still based off the numbers of nights. But my spreadsheet on the top does not ask for dates. It has a specific drop down that asks for the number of nights you're staying versus actual dates. Maybe they've updated it since I downloaded it?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

Maybe it is a different calculator. It is under distripplanner.com. I plugged in my dates and it gives me meals for each day. I know the last time I used it, it was different.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl View Post
Maybe it is a different calculator. It is under distripplanner.com. I plugged in my dates and it gives me meals for each day. I know the last time I used it, it was different.
Oh maybe. Try the one from See Ya Reel Soon and see if that one works for ya.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaine hook View Post
From what I understand and was told the food credits are good until midnight on the day you checkout we alway get 7 nights 8 days you only pay for whole days so in my case it's 7 the 8day does not count and we usually use what ever credits are left for breakfast and drinks, snacks to go hope this helps
Actually you pay for the nights, not full days.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: