Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
roxazul
Mouseketeer

QSDP-Do you make table service ADR?

If you have the QSDP do you make table service ADR ?
(to be paid OOP obviously)
if so, how many ?
do you end up with many credits left ?

I have the dessert party and 1 TS ADR booked, but wondering if I should add one character meal

Me DD9
roxazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
nimbuscat
Mouseketeer

I can't answer from the perspective of having the QSDP, but I can say that I can't imagine doing Disney without at least one character meal, especially if you have kids! To each their own, I know, but Disney dining is such a big part of the experience for us. That said, I have friends who go and don't eat anything in the parks but snacks, and haul in sandwiches in a cooler for their meals. Blasphemy!

Disneyland (day trip) - March 2005
Walt Disney World (off-site) - April 1997, July 1992
nimbuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Last trip was our first time on the QSDP (had always done the regular DP previously) and we did NOT eat any TS and still had credits left over.

That being said, we have 2 ADR's next month while on the (free) QSDP. One ressie is to meet old friends who live in NC but will be visiting Disney at the same time so we are meeting for dinner. The other ADR is "just in case", we may end up cancelling because it's at the end of our trip, is Coral Reef, just because we enjoy eating there.

I'm sure we will have way too many credits left at the end of our trip but since we didn't pay for QSDP, I don't feel obligated to "get our money's worth". Yes, we could have upgraded to the regular DP by paying the difference but we didn't want to be tied down to a bunch of ADR's during FD.

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
EmpressBubbles
Proud Duck Smuggler

We love the QSDP because we hate to be tied down to an ADR time. Usually, we have one and possibly two TS meals per trip that we pay OOP. We also frequently have leftover CS credits which we use up at Earl of Sandwich on departure day to buy sandwiches for the trip home!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

On the day you have an ADR and are not using a QS credit use it for a QS breakfast in the food court.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs

Regardless we always make one ADR. DW has to have one. The rest we do QS. When we have the plan we rarely have unused credits.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

We have done this every year since they brought out the QSDP up until DD was 10 (last year). We have made up to 7 TS per trip as we tend to do longer stays, and it has still always worked out cheaper for us than upgrading. Of course that would be because she was a child at the time. Once DD turned 10 we quit doing TS. I may do one or two next year when we will be doing the QSDP again. I just like the freedom of the CS meals.

Yes, with ADRs we did struggle to use up our CS credits. Because this was anticipated, we used a CS credit for a breakfast to share on most days and still ended up with a few CS left over. Last year, doing CS only and no ADRs we only had 4 extra meals left at the end of the trip and used those up for breakfast and lunch on our last day and took food with for the trip home.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #8
T1gger
Tigger Girl

We did a 2 week stay with QDSP and in that had 3 TS oop plus some days we werent around Disney though we tried to have at least one meal at Disney those days

We did have a few CS left at the end and the resort CM kindly converted them to snack credits so we loaded up on candy and snacks to bring home - but I know this doesn't always happen so cant be counted on

Dec 85 Off-site
Apr 10 Off-site
Oct 12 CSR
Oct 14 OKW
T1gger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: