Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
SuperNEMOfan
Mouseketeer

Try the Grey stuff, its delicious!--A Sept Surprise Proposal TR!! updated 11/21 x2

Dont believe me, ask the dishes

Welcome to my first trip report!!! By making this first post itís a promise to myself that ill actually finish something!
For those who read my PTR welcome back! If you didnít, you should go now! Ill wait for you I promise.

We have to book Be Our Guest when?

If you didnít decide to go read the very short and bland PTR ill do some introductions.

I'm Chrystine/Chryssy 24 and live in Northeastern Mass. I'm a complete lover of all things Disney doesnít matter what it is. This past trip was my 4th to the world. I'm also a super lover of finding nemo

This is my fiancť Joe. 29 and somewhat a complete lover of all things Disney, hes getting there haha.
Hes a huge fan of Donald duck, I'm sure youll see that love in this TR

Our resort POR was selected to test out MagicBands and FP+ which I will talk about in the report. In the end we loved everything about all of it, it worked out great for the most part. When I talk about the MagicBand ill probably abbreviate it to MB

As the title says, It was a proposal trip! I was in shock when it happened let me tell you!!! You guys wont have to wait long for the story I promise

I suppose I can get to the actual trip! Let me tell you I'm very excited to relive it with all of you guys

Dreaming of another disney vacation

We Have to book Be Our Guest when?!?-Sept PTR
--Complete

Try the Grey stuff, its delicious!--Sept TR

Last edited by SuperNEMOfan; 11-21-2013 at 08:03 PM.
SuperNEMOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
SuperNEMOfan
Mouseketeer

Reserved For Links!

We're going to DisneyWorld!

How do we read this map? Day 1 Part 2

Umm excuse me? Day 1 Part 3

Real Life Update

Engagement Dinner Day 1 Part 4

Day 2 EPCOT!

Day 3 Hollywood Studios

--Complete

Last edited by SuperNEMOfan; 11-21-2013 at 08:05 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm here! I didn't catch your update in your PTR where you said it turned into an engagement trip, so congratulations!!!

Looking forward to hearing about everything.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

I'm here! I'm here! Can't wait to hear about this proposal!!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
SuperNEMOfan
Mouseketeer

We're going to DisneyWorld!

It was finally here, after months and months of planning, packing and repacking and of course driving Joe crazy it was time to get on that airplane!!!

Our flight left at 7 am that morning. We arrived at the airport around 5:30 and were through security by 5:45! Boy do I love small airports and early morning flights.

We got a light breakfast and I did some last minute Disney planning. Around 6:30 they started to board, we flew southwest and had the A group, we were able to get a window seat without much trouble.

The flight left right on time! And it was smooth as smooth can be. Very uneventful, we both read and then I started to get super excited when it got closer and it became hard to concentrate on anything.

Our flight landed at 9:45 a whole 30 minutes ahead of schedule!!!! Yippeeeee
We departed the plane and headed on the Fake-o-rail to Magical Express.

This was our first experience with not having to go to the baggage claim, I have to admit I was a little nervous that our bags would never make it to our room (but they did). We had our first encounter with our MBs here! It was sooooo simple just tap and go…….nope not just tap and go for me. It wouldn’t work for the life of me for some reason, I felt like an idiot. It finally worked and we were on our way to line up for POR!

Then when they check you in again at line….my band still wasn’t being nice so we had to use Joe’s, I wasn’t liking this so far, until we got on the bus then my mood of course changed.

I felt like we waiting on the bus forever but I think it was about 10 minutes haha then we were on our way only making two stops POFQ and Riverside woohooooooo

The movie started and before I knew it I saw this

We are hommeeeee

And not long after seeing that we saw this

Only a few got off at French Quarter then a few seconds later we were at riverside. This resort is beautiful the pictures don’t do it justice…..unfortunately I only have one picture from the resort.

Check in went smooth as well. We had a woman come up to us with her tablet and were checked in out of line…thought it was neat. All she needed to do was scan my band to check us in and guess what!? It didn’t work…I was getting really sick of this at that point. Luckily Joe’s worked the whole trip without any issues.

Our room was ready!! 3501 corner room with a parking lot view not far from the west depot.

Our disappointing Mickey head

Was our first park MK like our plans or did someone have something up their sleeve

Continued in next post

--Complete

Last edited by SuperNEMOfan; 09-25-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
courtneybelle
What foolishness would you like to see?

So I am definitely following along! I love proposals, first of all. And I am also from MA (southeast, though). And we are staying at POR in a few months! So excited to hear about the trip, though it's unfortunate you hit some Magic Band glitches
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
Nanny2004
Mouseketeer

Following along. I can't wait to hear about the proposal and your experience with the Grey stuff. It is delicious.

Nanny2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
Disneyluvr81
Mouseketeer

I'm in - can't wait to read all about the proposal. I got to see your ring on our Facebook group - I will say it again, so gorgeous!!!!

A Tale of Two Castles and a Dumbo Double Dare for Good Measure - a Sept 13 TR
Two Castles in 24 Hours...Bring it On! A Sept 2013 PTR

Jan 2015 - Dopey / Nov 2014 - Wine & Dine / Aug 2014 - DVC Cruise / April 2014 - Family Trip / Feb 2014 - Princess Weekend / Sept 2013 - Anniversary / Jan 2013 - WDW Marathon / Sept 2011 - Anniversary / Dec 2009 - Xmas Trip / Sept 2008 - Honeymoon / Jan 2007 - 1st Trip

Disneyluvr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
TEKHooked
Earning My Ears

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Disney proposals! I can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
SuperNEMOfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Hi! I'm here! I didn't catch your update in your PTR where you said it turned into an engagement trip, so congratulations!!!

Looking forward to hearing about everything.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
I'm in!

Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
I'm here! I'm here! Can't wait to hear about this proposal!!
Welcome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
So I am definitely following along! I love proposals, first of all. And I am also from MA (southeast, though). And we are staying at POR in a few months! So excited to hear about the trip, though it's unfortunate you hit some Magic Band glitches

Welcome neighbor!! Youll love POR it was beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny2004 View Post
Following along. I can't wait to hear about the proposal and your experience with the Grey stuff. It is delicious.
The Grey Stuff was delicious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluvr81 View Post
I'm in - can't wait to read all about the proposal. I got to see your ring on our Facebook group - I will say it again, so gorgeous!!!!
Thank you so much and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKHooked View Post
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Disney proposals! I can't wait to hear all about it.
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!

Welcome welcome!

--Complete

Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
SuperNEMOfan
Mouseketeer

How do we read this map? Day 1 part 2

So we were all checked in and our room was ready. Half the adventure was finding our room. As I said before we were in 3501, when I did online check in, I asked for a ground floor corner room. I was impressed that we got both and that it was ready at 11 am.

I'm thinking hey room number 1, its going to be really easy to find! Nope I was wrong. The building was huge!!! We pretty much walked around the whole building until we found it!

I wanted to see if my magic band would work to open our door and low and behold it finally worked!!! I was excited about them again. We checked out the room, I wanted to see if we had a working fridge and we did, so it was a good start to our vacation. I liked our room it was cute and cozy, I just wish they didnt charge extra to have a king bed, our other bed got used for luggage and other crap.

After we put our carry-ons away we were off to the park! Which park would we go to? Magic Kingdom!!

Another adventure was trying to find a bus stop. The signs in POR were far and few between way out in the middle of nowhere. We found the North Depot after a little bit, I think the bus stops are so cute! I was surprised to see no lines though like at AoA.

We sat there and waited for a bus. The first bus that pulled up was EPCOT we both looked at each other and said hey why not and we hopped on the bus. First bus ride was uneventful we did get asked why we had bracelets on and what they were for. I thought to myself you dont know what magic bands are but I explained nicely

Finally made it to EPCOT, went through the bag check and then hopped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom! Yiippeeee! After another bag check and an easy trip through the turnstiles I was home. I loved the fall/ Halloween decorations it was so beautiful.

My first order of business was to exchange my voucher for PP+. Took us a little while to find the photo center. I had no idea it even existed. Found the center got in line and waited and waited and waited. Oh my goodness it took forever! This is not how I wanted to spend my first precious moments at the kingdom.

At this point I was starting to get aggravated, there were only two people behind the desk, then a few more showed up. Finally someone noticed that all I had was a voucher and they were like I can help you, my savior!
After a good 25 minutes we were finally out of the center and walking down main street!

The afternoon parade had just ended so it was a tad bit crowded but I still managed to get some awesome castle pictures!!

Up next
Umm excuse me, what are you doing

Continued in next post

--Complete

Last edited by SuperNEMOfan; 10-01-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #14
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hey, joining in!! Your arch shot is awesome!! Very annoying that your MB wasn't working for awhile, though! Did you have problems later in the trip?
I can't wait to hear the proposal story!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

I'm joining!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: