Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #436
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arspurlock View Post
Ty, so you think that is buy tickets from a site other than Disney, I can ink the ticket number in MDE and then I can get a Band. Correct??

I can get tickets cheaper through another ticket dealer other than Disney, but I do want the bands, so money verses easy of use, hummmm .

arspurlock
I think tickets only deal with the FP+ side. You should still be able to get the bands with a resort reservation.

People have been able to like tickets from UT to the site and do FP+ so I'd imagine another 3rd party would be similar. It just depends on the retailer - Expedia bookers haven't been able to successfully link their tickets.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #437
scrapbooksellman
Mouseketeer

Jumping in! Hoping for discounts for Feb. 8-15. I hope crowds won't be too bad the end of the time. This is really the only week we can go.
scrapbooksellman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #438
esmee1sttip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by arspurlock View Post
Ty, so you think that is buy tickets from a site other than Disney, I can ink the ticket number in MDE and then I can get a Band. Correct??

I can get tickets cheaper through another ticket dealer other than Disney, but I do want the bands, so money verses easy of use, hummmm .

arspurlock
Have you checked out WDW FAQ for MagicBands+ ? I bought my tickets at a different ticket dealer and you should still be able to link them to your account. You won't be able to order any MBs yet but I think it mentioned something about ordering 10 days prior to your visit (when they are out of their testing phase.) I am glad you brought this up though...since these bands are on RF and could interfere with medical equipment that uses RF as well. I will have to check with the company that provided our medical device

esmee1sttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #439
Chiptiff
Earning My Ears

Ok, has anyone received a discount code for Feb. yet? Should be soon, right?
Chiptiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #440
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiptiff View Post
Ok, has anyone received a discount code for Feb. yet? Should be soon, right?
Some pin codes have gone out.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #441
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Forgive me for multiple questions, but this is my first WDW trip, and man, there is a lot to process! I currently have a LM room (for the in laws) and a LK suite in AoA with the standard dinning plan, 6 day base tickets with a AAA discount. I'm eagerly awaiting any other discount news, and in the meantime I've learned about renting DVC points. This seems attractive to me as then we could all stay together in a villa rather then two rooms. My question is, does anybody know if you are excluded from discounts if you are renting dvc points for your stay? Thanks in advance for any responses!!
jennynyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #442
mokeeffe
Earning My Ears

Just called disney and they agent said initially that i had a discount linked to my reservation (feb 4-9 french quarter) but then he checked to "see what offer it was" and them came back on the phone and said that there was no discount for this date at this time! Not sure what he saw at first, but my hope is there is something there, but not ready to be made available at this time. Just FYI.
mokeeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #443
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennynyholm View Post
Forgive me for multiple questions, but this is my first WDW trip, and man, there is a lot to process! I currently have a LM room (for the in laws) and a LK suite in AoA with the standard dinning plan, 6 day base tickets with a AAA discount. I'm eagerly awaiting any other discount news, and in the meantime I've learned about renting DVC points. This seems attractive to me as then we could all stay together in a villa rather then two rooms. My question is, does anybody know if you are excluded from discounts if you are renting dvc points for your stay? Thanks in advance for any responses!!
Yes you are. No discounts applicable for DVC points reservations.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #444
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I think I will just stick my AoA rez
jennynyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #445
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

subbing to this , plan on upgrading to an AP next month, and am looking to use it in December and Feb/March??
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #446
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

President's Day blackout?

Is it expected that President's Day dates (Feb 15-Feb 17 2014) will be included or blacked out from the upcoming room discount and S/P/D offers?

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #447
epcotitis
Mouseketeer

Good question
Old 09-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #448
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Is it expected that President's Day dates (Feb 15-Feb 17 2014) will be included or blacked out from the upcoming room discount and S/P/D offers?
That is a school vacation week here in Massachusetts so it might be a popular week. Although April vacation wee is much more popular to head to FL.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #449
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
It can't be said for sure but as far as rates go, starting February 14 they jump from value to peak so I am guessing that it'll be blacked out. If you get there while the deal is still good though you will get it for the length of your stay. So if you get there the 12th and stay through the 17th or whatever you'll get it for your whole stay. So maybe shimmy your dates if you can. Sometimes deals require shimmies on your dates and or resorts! All part of the Disney magic
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #450
nervous1sttimer
DIS Veteran

Check out the thread about RO discounts being released on Oct 8th. Danny is back! And there seems to be good info about SPD coming out the same day. Only blackouts indicated so far are MLK weekend, so it looks good for President's Day so far.

I am so pumped! I have my fingers crossed that AoA suites are included for SPD, but will upgrade to CR if not.
nervous1sttimer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: