Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #31
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

10% off the pretax amount
Also the deposit is half of what it would be if booked on land.
Also DCL gives $100 OBC for 3-6 nt cruises & $200 OBC for 7+ nt cruises.
These OBCs can be stacked in addition to any offered by your TA.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #32
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanchakiss View Post
How much of a discount do you get if re booking a cruise while on a current cruise...
10% reduction on cruise fare; 10% deposit (instead of usual 20%); and $100 OBC for cruises of less than 7 nights, $200 OBC for cruises of 7 nights and longer.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #33
lamanchakiss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnhorn View Post
I would also get on the Fish Extender exchange for your cruise... to do that, go to the cruise meets section and sign up. It's like a "secret santa" exchange and it is lots of fun!
Do I bring a gift from home??? How does this work?
lamanchakiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #34
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

10% reduction on cruise fare; 10% deposit (instead of usual 20%); and $100 OBC for cruises of less than 7 nights, $200 OBC for cruises of 7 nights and longer.
If you book a dummy date less than 7, then eventually move to a 7 nighter, do you go up to the $200 OBC?
Old 09-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #35
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do I bring a gift from home??? How does this work?
Check with your cruise meets group.
Some bring one gift per each stateroom participating, some do one gift per person participating and some leave it up to your discretion.
I usually bring enough for a gift or gifts for 20-30 staterooms.
It takes planning and luggage space and isn't for everyone. It's not supposed to be a stressful thing.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #36
lamanchakiss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Check with your cruise meets group. Some bring one gift per each stateroom participating, some do one gift per person participating and some leave it up to your discretion. I usually bring enough for a gift or gifts for 20-30 staterooms. It takes planning and luggage space and isn't for everyone. It's not supposed to be a stressful thing.
I tried looking for a meet for my cruise and making one but no response... Ugh.. I love buying gifts and I have the 28" suite case that I was gonna pack in but honestly I have packed a week in a 20" and been fine
Old 09-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #37
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I tried looking for a meet for my cruise and making one but no response... Ugh.. I love buying gifts and I have the 28" suite case that I was gonna pack in but honestly I have packed a week in a 20" and been fine
I'm sorry your meets group isn't gelling. What sail date? What ship?
Found them. Try here:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072425
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #38
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnhorn View Post
I would also get on the Fish Extender exchange for your cruise... to do that, go to the cruise meets section and sign up. It's like a "secret santa" exchange and it is lots of fun!
Respectfully - on a first cruise, I would pass. Go enjoy your first cruise and then do it next time when you've got a better idea of what it is, how it works (by seeing it on the ship) etc. Follow the meet up (if there is one) thread if you want, but it's just *one more thing* to keep straight, and remember, for that first cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihula View Post
Some people say don't bother getting off the ship in Nassau, but since this is your first cruise you need to disembark and play tourist.
{post cut by me}
If you take your passport with you, you can get it stamped at theadministrative office inside the Straw Market, where you can also do some shopping on your way back to the ship.
THANK YOU! We tried to find where to get our passport stamps following various "easy to find" instructions online and couldn't find it. End result? no stamp in the passport. Completely forgot at CC also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarshall14 View Post
We sailed in July this year and all of the photos now come with hideous borders on them, per Disney, Shutters can not and will not remove them even if you purchase a CD instead of the prints, we had a hard time cropping some of them as the borders can be intrusive into the actual photos.
Something to think about before prepaying for a package.
That's disappointing. We sailed in late June on the Dream and our photos are a mix - about half with borders, half without. It seems like the restaurant and character photos are the ones with the borders but just the family or kid ones from the set ups in the main lobby aren't.

OP- if you want too, you can also view your photos from any of the photo kiosks around the new ships (sorry, can't remember which ship you'll be on). Then you'll know how many of your photos have borders, if any of them block people and if you have enough photos to purchase the CD
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #39
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slzer0 View Post
If you book a dummy date less than 7, then eventually move to a 7 nighter, do you go up to the $200 OBC?
OBC is based on the future cruise you actually sail on. You can change it as many times as you need to after booking. The only thing to be careful of is the final payment due date. If that date passes and you've forgotten to move your res to a later date, you'll lose your deposit & res is cancelled.

This happened to my SIL. She moved it out once and then forgot about it. They barely had the $ for the additional deposit to move it to another dummy date, so it was unlikely they'd ever do another cruise but still, it's a shame to let DCL keep the deposit.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #40
tmarshall14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspwrhr View Post
That's disappointing. We sailed in late June on the Dream and our photos are a mix - about half with borders, half without. It seems like the restaurant and character photos are the ones with the borders but just the family or kid ones from the set ups in the main lobby aren't. OP- if you want too, you can also view your photos from any of the photo kiosks around the new ships (sorry, can't remember which ship you'll be on). Then you'll know how many of your photos have borders, if any of them block people and if you have enough photos to purchase the CD
We were on the Fantasy, the kiosks didn't show borders on any of our pictures
I didn't know about asking them to be removed if blocking people in the photos, we have a few that do so. Unfortunately, we never saw a single border on out photos until we were home and looking at the cd we bought
tmarshall14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #41
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

on the photos -- we were on the Fantasy in July 2013...I truly hope that Disney listens to it's customers on this one, the borders are awful. Even the ones that don't have the thick 'cartoon' borders have a "Fantasy" logo in the lower right hand corner and on some of our photos it's overlaying our clothes.

I don't believe there is a way to view your digital photos onboard to see the borders. You can look at the printed photos in the shutters area to get an example of what they will look like.

back to OP question -- bring a small gift for your stateroom hostess and food/drink server. We usually bring a small nice chocolate item, this year we bought salted caramel chocolates from Trader Joes and all of them seemed to really like. This is not in place of tips, just a little extra for them to enjoy.

did anyone mention taking an item to guest services to be autographed? like a photo frame, pillowcase, or ballcap?

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #42
Toria
DIS Veteran

Bring a lanyard to hold your Key to the World Card. This is issued to you at check in. It is your room key, charge card and it gets you on and off the ship. Unless you plan on carrying a bag with you.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #43
lamanchakiss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
Bring a lanyard to hold your Key to the World Card. This is issued to you at check in. It is your room key, charge card and it gets you on and off the ship. Unless you plan on carrying a bag with you.
Can I use mine from Disney World with my pins?
Old 09-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #44
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
Or if you have a pocket.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #45
tmarshall14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Can I use mine from Disney World with my pins?
Yes!! Lots of CMs on the ship trade too!
tmarshall14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: