Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #796
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
I have never been to the outlets. I need to go!
I definitely want to get back there in October. I loved the VB store. It was really fun. The rest of the outlets were - you know - outlets like you could find in any town. The nice thing was it wasn't super crowded.

Quote:
I have been to Mass a few times at the Shrine. It is really awesome. Sunday Mass is in the large sanctuary. The music was amazing and the organ was awe inspiring.
I heard it is wonderful there. I am going to have to go. I don't normally go to mass on vacation, but I really would like to once while I am there simply because I love visiting new churches. I bet its wonderful.

Quote:
I do have to admit I am an old school style of church person. I like my cathedrals to be Gothic and not modern. With that said, the Shrine is amazing and I really enjoyed seeing it.
I really enjoy the old churches too. They are my absolute favorite, but this shrine had some really classical touches to it which was so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hiow great you got to meet Kathy for the first time !! I am hoping for this December Hint Hint Kathy!!!!!
I was very excited to meet Kathy. Definitely a trip highlight! She is a lovely person. I hope you get to meet her in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Mary Ellen you would LOVE the Church or Churches in my Home town . St Mary's has beautiful Stin glass windows , It is over 1,000 years old and the sister of Henry the 8th is buried there !! There are many more but this was my favorite !!
I know I would love the churches there. The older the better. I am just in awe of churches like that. The sister of Henry the 8th? Really? That is very cool!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #797
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Great Breakfast and Great Meet!!!!

Off to the outlets afterwards? Seems like Anita rubs off an everyone.

Glad you found something at the VB outlet.

Whoo hoo for pool time and now to EPCOT. Can't wait to see what drink was crossed off the list.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #798
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Great Breakfast and Great Meet!!!!
It was really fun! It was great to meet Kathy and get to see Mary and the girls again. I'm so glad we arranged it!

Quote:
Off to the outlets afterwards? Seems like Anita rubs off an everyone.
I think she had just posted something on FB about being there and that's probably where I got the idea. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Quote:
Glad you found something at the VB outlet.
I found A LOT of things, but I restrained myself. I may not use as much restraint with my next visit.

Quote:
Whoo hoo for pool time and now to EPCOT. Can't wait to see what drink was crossed off the list.
I'll give you one hint - It's a strange one. And it went right to my head!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #799
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

I was at that outlet mall last weekend You did go to the Character Outlet didn't you???

I just love Cape May! We've only been for dinner and it was so good!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #800
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Aw you got to meet Kathy, Mary & the girls!!!

Oh my gosh what a beautiful Shrine. I really want to see that. Will need to make a point to do that. Beautiful.

A few years ago we went to that outlet mall & let me tell you I did not hold back on purchases. I found lots & lots of things...we will just leave it at that. I thought I may have have to mail stuff home but it was not that bad..

LOVE Vera!! Love your overnight bag & other purchases. Cannot wait to see the Disney Vera bags in a few weeks Yes that Miss Anita is an enabler!! She is the one that mentioned the outlets to me also. But I am so glad she did as I totally enjoyed myself that day at the outlets.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #801
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

What a great day so far and it's not even over yet!!

Your off site resort looks so lovely. And once again, I have to give you huge props for running on vacation... in the heat!! yikes.

I've been waiting to read about your Dismeet with Kathy!! That was awesome to be able to eat breakfast with them. (Cape May is a favorite of mine and not just because they have Mickey waffles.. although that is a good reason!)

Yep, count me as another Vera lover! The only way I've purchased my bags and wristlets is in the outlet in Aurora, IL. I sure wish there was an outlet closer to me. We never have a rental car so I've not had the pleasure of visiting the area let alone the outlet.

I was fascinated with the tour of the shrine/museum and church that you shared. Those stained glass windows are gorgeous. I love the care and attention that goes into such beautiful buildings. Thanks for sharing all those details including the artifacts and paintings in the museum. Just awesome!

I've heard there's a lot of musical talent in the greater Orlando area as well. In fact, one of the CMs that I know goes to a church where many of the folks in Disney entertainment worship and they have some pretty awesome productions. I can only imagine!!

You had so many wonderful updates ... not sure if I remembered to comment on everything but this was thoroughly enjoyable.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #802
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great update! The meet sounded fun! You got some nice things at the VB outlet. The Queen of the Universe shrine is beautiful, I have heard of it before because my parents went a few times but I have never been there.

Your Resort has a nice Pool area and landscaping but I can see how hot it must be on those loungers with no shade.

Can't wait to see what your next bucket list drink is.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 09-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #803
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Love your breakfast with the characters, and you got to meet Goofy and Donald, too!

Seriously, what is better than vacation breakfast with friends? It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

I liked your little detour to the outlets and the shrine. The shrine was beautiful and full of amazing artwork. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Glad you enjoyed some relaxing pool time.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #804
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I love the breakfast at Cape May and meeting Dis friends would make it even better. What a great start to your day

We've never gone to the outlets but your finds make it look tempting! I love the Vera stuff you picked up. I have already informed Dale I will be coming home from our next trip with one of the Disney Veras
Old 09-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #805
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I was at that outlet mall last weekend You did go to the Character Outlet didn't you???
Uh - oh...That mall was so big and it felt like we kept turning corner after corner in search of the elusive rain jacket that Denny decided he had to have right there and then. So, no, I missed that. I did pop into one Disney themed store but there really wasn't anything I liked. I'm not sure if it was the Character OUtlet or not. It was pretty small.

So, if I missed it then I have an even better reason to go back in October, wait - next month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
II just love Cape May! We've only been for dinner and it was so good!
I've had dinner there once as well and it was pretty yummy. Breakfast is really good and the character interaction is very good. Denny and I ate there for our anniversary a few years back and the attention was amazing - plus they gave use a card! So Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Aw you got to meet Kathy, Mary & the girls!!!
Doreen - I was SO excited to meet Kathy and thrilled that our trips overlapped. I often "just miss" DISers, so this was great. I was also thrilled to see Mary and the girls again. I met them last October and Avery and Cayley are just delightful. They became instant friends with you and I absolutely love that, especially since I don't have any girls of my own. It was a pleasure.

Quote:
Oh my gosh what a beautiful Shrine. I really want to see that. Will need to make a point to do that. Beautiful.
I am so glad we stopped. I have been wanting to see the shrine as long as I have been reading about it here on the boards. It was well worth the time we spent there. I can only imagine how fabulous it is around Christmas.

Quote:
A few years ago we went to that outlet mall & let me tell you I did not hold back on purchases. I found lots & lots of things...we will just leave it at that. I thought I may have have to mail stuff home but it was not that bad..
I am so glad about SWA's policy on two free bags. Well, actually I didn't check the Vera, but I put all my carry on stuff in it and it fit perfectly into the overhead compartment. I have often struggled with what to use for an overnight or a weekend trip and this is perfect. Now I just wish I had a weekend getaway to use it. Someday!

Quote:
LOVE Vera!! Love your overnight bag & other purchases. Cannot wait to see the Disney Vera bags in a few weeks Yes that Miss Anita is an enabler!! She is the one that mentioned the outlets to me also. But I am so glad she did as I totally enjoyed myself that day at the outlets.
I think Anita posted something about her purchases just days before she went. She happened to be at BCVs the same time we visited. She is to funny. When I see those pictures of Mark carrying 50 (ok I exaggerate) Vera Bags to the car I just chuckle and then think

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
What a great day so far and it's not even over yet!!
Even though we didn't hit the parks first thing, it still was a great day. And I have to say that if we were staying on site I'm not completely sure we would have driven over to the outlets. When I stay on site I hate to leave the bubble, but since we had to leave the bubble every day anyway - it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Quote:
Your off site resort looks so lovely. And once again, I have to give you huge props for running on vacation... in the heat!! yikes.
Ugh - that heat was tough. Even at 7am it was brutal. I do enjoy morning runs and I really look forward to October when the weather will be much better!

Quote:
I've been waiting to read about your Dismeet with Kathy!! That was awesome to be able to eat breakfast with them. (Cape May is a favorite of mine and not just because they have Mickey waffles.. although that is a good reason!)
My favorite thing on the buffet is the locks (salmon) and bagels. When I was in high school I used to frequent this Jewish deli that made the BEST locks and bagels. I am not even sure if I spelled that right. But the point is, I developed a passion for that sandwich early on and I love it anytime of day or night. Mickey waffles are pretty good, too!

Quote:
Yep, count me as another Vera lover! The only way I've purchased my bags and wristlets is in the outlet in Aurora, IL. I sure wish there was an outlet closer to me. We never have a rental car so I've not had the pleasure of visiting the area let alone the outlet.
It's really not too far. You could probably take a cab fairly easily. I can't wait to go back in October because I will most certainly be buying some Christmas presents (and a few things for myself).

Quote:
I was fascinated with the tour of the shrine/museum and church that you shared. Those stained glass windows are gorgeous. I love the care and attention that goes into such beautiful buildings. Thanks for sharing all those details including the artifacts and paintings in the museum. Just awesome!
I agree - the stained glass was wonderful and the care and attention is amazing. I don't think any other buildings have the same detail as churches and synagogues. I was surprised to find the collection of paintings and artifacts. Everything was of great quality. It really was a hidden gem.

Quote:
I've heard there's a lot of musical talent in the greater Orlando area as well. In fact, one of the CMs that I know goes to a church where many of the folks in Disney entertainment worship and they have some pretty awesome productions. I can only imagine!!
I think its awesome that professional musicians share their talents when they worship. It's so uplifting to hear high quality music during a service. I know that Bob Jackson (yeeha Bob) is a pastoral musician.

Quote:
You had so many wonderful updates ... not sure if I remembered to comment on everything but this was thoroughly enjoyable.
Thank you!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #806
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great update! The meet sounded fun! You got some nice things at the VB outlet. The Queen of the Universe shrine is beautiful, I have heard of it before because my parents went a few times but I have never been there.
I loved meeting Kathy and seeing Mary and the girls again! That was definitely a highlight! The VB outlet was pretty darn cool - wall to wall veras of all imaginable shapes and sizes. And Mary QOTU was spectacular. Since I love visiting churches how could I not stop once I noticed we were right near it?

Quote:
Your Resort has a nice Pool area and landscaping but I can see how hot it must be on those loungers with no shade.
They were a very nice quality lounger, but OMG - that fabric got SOOOOO hot! One could end up with a serious injury if they weren't careful!

Quote:
Can't wait to see what your next bucket list drink is.
It's very unique - that's your hint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Love your breakfast with the characters, and you got to meet Goofy and Donald, too!

Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy is quite the quartet and we saw them all. Of course, I was wedged in a booth seat and not able to get out easier for pictures. Plus, the picture time goes to the kids. But it was still great fun to see everyone and enjoy a yummy breakfast.

Quote:
Seriously, what is better than vacation breakfast with friends? It looks like you all had a wonderful time!
I totally agree. I really enjoyed myself and I think Denny did, too! He's still a little wary when it comes to DISmeets, but he's getting better.

Quote:
I liked your little detour to the outlets and the shrine. The shrine was beautiful and full of amazing artwork. Thanks for sharing that with us!
I'm glad I finally found the VB outlet that I have heard so much about. And the shrine. I never knew they were right next to each other. I really did enjoy the shrine. I promised myself that I want to explore outside of Disney property and get to know the surrounding areas a little better. This was a great way to do it.

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed some relaxing pool time.
You know that relaxing pool time is always a top priority for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I love the breakfast at Cape May and meeting Dis friends would make it even better. What a great start to your day
CMC is a wonderful breakfast, isn't it? I love the food and the character interaction is superb. Plus I love how bright and cheery everything is. I was thrilled we got to me Kathy and see Mary and the girls again. It was a fun morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
We've never gone to the outlets but your finds make it look tempting! I love the Vera stuff you picked up. I have already informed Dale I will be coming home from our next trip with one of the Disney Veras
You will love it. It's wall to wall Vera. The prices are good and then on top of that they have 30 - 40% off sales. I think when Anita posted it was 40% off and when I went it was 30% off. Still, I got that big overnight bag for less than what Nick paid for my small backpack. Definitely worth it.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #807
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Trying to get all caught up! Things are really crazy busy at work right now, and won't slow up a whole lot until probably early December! Will try to stay caught up as much as possible though!

that you got to do a DISmeet with Kathy, Mary and the girls! Breakfast at Cape May is one of my favorite character meals! Always have a great experience there!

You captured some beautiful artwork and details in the Shrine!

A very busy day, and you even managed to work in some shopping and some relaxing pool time!!!

Your secret offsite location looks like a pretty good place to stay if you can't be on property.......even with the trailer park across the street! lol
Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #808
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

What a fun DIS meet! And you got to enjoy a delicious breakfast along with the good company, so .

Great pictures of the Shrine! Of course, we go there almost every trip (kind of sad we will be going somewhere else next time now) but I have never thought to take pictures because we are always there for Mass and I would feel awkward taking pictures in a full church! And does it ever get full!! A place so huge, you'd think it would look mostly empty, but Saturday evening Mass can be packed. It's a gorgeous church!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 09-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #809
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

So I'm way behind again. Or I guess I should say that I was, I am all caught up now!
The bar at the Poly is so pretty, and so is your drink!

Quote:
Bocca effect, right Wendy? Totally unintentional, but still...

Close That's some really great bokeh! What lens was that with? Very nice effect.

Quote:
This is quite possibly the ugliest backpack I have EVER seen in my life. How could I resist the opportunity to sneak a picture of it?

... I have that same one...

JUST KIDDING! I have to agree, I'd rate it right up top of my ugly backpack list.

Too bad BOG was so busy and your server didn't have much time but at least she was friendly. The food looks pretty good! A "B" for the food is good enough for me if the atmosphere gets an "A".
Sounds like a really great Dismeet + breakfast!
LOVE the outlets! I haven't been there the past few trips because we had no car, but I'm itching to get back there some time.
The Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine looks really interesting. I love the great architecture in churches.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #810
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

For as many stays at the Beach Club as I have had, I have yet to try Cape May. We have it on our agenda for a breakfast next month... can't wait! I just love DIS meets. Such a cool community we have here and meeting DISers is always like meeting long lost friends.

Visiting the outlets may be reason enough to rent a car. Would love to visit the Vera outlet. What do you think of the new Vera/Disney prints?

Your super secret location looks beautiful!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: