Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
snowwhite84
DIS Veteran

Cheese plate

Hi all! We will be on the deluxe plan and I have a cheese plate question. A number of signature restaurants have the cheese plate listed in both the appetizer and dessert section of the menu. We are more savory people than sweet, and was wondering if we could each order our appetizer with the plan as well as the dessert cheese plate as a dessert option and have it served before entrees.

Also, on menus where a cheese plate is listed on the appetizer section of the menu but not specifically in the dessert section, can this still be done?

TIA!

Last edited by snowwhite84; 09-09-2013 at 12:07 AM.
snowwhite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran

An interesting idea. Basically you want your app and dessert at the start of your meal. The Disney owned restaurants would probably allow it since the DxDDP entitles you to an app and a dessert each and you would just be having dessert first.

The third party restaurants have to follow the rules of the dining plan so if the cheese plate is only listed as an app, they would be reimbursed by Disney only when serving it as an app. You would not be able to order it as a dessert on the dining plan.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
tenortoga
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
An interesting idea. Basically you want your app and dessert at the start of your meal. The Disney owned restaurants would probably allow it since the DxDDP entitles you to an app and a dessert each and you would just be having dessert first.
I thought the TS only included entree, dessert and drink. App not included. Am I incorrect in that thinking?
tenortoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
snowwhite84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenortoga View Post
I thought the TS only included entree, dessert and drink. App not included. Am I incorrect in that thinking?
The deluxe dining plan that I asked about includes appetizer, while the regular plan includes, as you correctly said, strictly entree, dessert and drink.

snowwhite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite84 View Post
Hi all! We will be on the deluxe plan and I have a cheese plate question. A number of signature restaurants have the cheese plate listed in both the appetizer and dessert section of the menu. We are more savory people than sweet, and was wondering if we could each order our appetizer with the plan as well as the dessert cheese plate as a dessert option and have it served before entrees.

Also, on menus where a cheese plate is listed on the appetizer section of the menu but not specifically in the dessert section, can this still be done?

TIA!
I don't think that you will have a problem getting the cheese plate as a desert, but I don't know if they would be willing to serve it as an additional appetizer. Signature restaurants are usually really flexible and want to please their patrons so I would just ask my waiter. Let us know if it works out for you.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: