Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Snyders22000
Earning My Ears

Poly GV CL vs CR TPV vs BLT 1 bedroom TPV

The price for all 3 are pretty similar. Poly CL is slightly cheaper but will be staying in December so construction might be an issue. Not sure how the Hawaii building would be affected by noise etc. Traveling with 3 kids under 5 and mostly hitting Mk, maybe one day at Epcot. I am thinking either CR TPV (closer to monorail) or BLT 1 bdrm TPV (more room to spread out but further from monorail). Thoughts?
Snyders22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyders22000 View Post
The price for all 3 are pretty similar. Poly CL is slightly cheaper but will be staying in December so construction might be an issue. Not sure how the Hawaii building would be affected by noise etc. Traveling with 3 kids under 5 and mostly hitting Mk, maybe one day at Epcot. I am thinking either CR TPV (closer to monorail) or BLT 1 bdrm TPV (more room to spread out but further from monorail). Thoughts?
I have stayed at all three of those

CL is fun but what are your sleep arrangements? The one bedroom you can tuck them all in the sleeper sofa and chair and relax in your own room and balcony. We didn't have that option when our kids were small. Now that they are big we have to do at least 2 baths since teens.

GV is fine at poly because you get the awesome space of the lounge and views anyways. I don't think noise will be bad. I was there during construction in April and may and it was fine.

Cr MKV is really awesome it is convenient to walk to MK and one stop away from transfer to Epcot monorail.

Truly I go through this myself, which one

As a mom what will work best for your family??

Convenience of free snacks and space of lounge? the convenience of being in the building with food, shops and monorail? Or space to move around? Oh ya I never thought I would but I use the washer/dryer a lot!!

There is no perfect , each will offer something great and only you can decide.

I lean to BLT first for you and poly 2nd. You and spouse can take turns in the lounge while the other puts kids to bed. (?)

Good luck deciding! They all will be great once you are there!

Just reread your post, you have to cross a bridge to access monorail which is a little farther but if you walk to MK then it is closer. This is nice if returning after fireworks/ parade and especially in mornings. You can leave 20 minutes before rope drop and get there in time for sure! Taking the monorail will be longer.
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17

Last edited by trishadono; 09-20-2013 at 03:36 PM.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
DisneyChristmas
Mouseketeer since '55

Yup - awesome view from the CL. Wishes music piped in there, too.

Of course, the Christmas tree is there only mid-November to early January
DisneyChristmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
DisneyChristmas
Mouseketeer since '55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyChristmas View Post

Yup - awesome view from the CL. Wishes music piped in there, too.

Of course, the Christmas tree is there only mid-November to early January
Oops - Yes, this is the Poly lounge in Hawaii building. So you can have the GV room and this view whiel you relax and enjoy some eats and drinks.
DisneyChristmas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: