Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Cobern
DIS Veteran
 
Cobern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Clewiston, Fl
Posts: 829

Pin help

I recently found some pins my Disney loving aunt and uncle gave me. I really am not into pin trading and my kids are just way too little and I don't know if they will ever be into it. My question is where can I find out information about these pins like price/if anyone wants them/ or should I just give them away when we go on our next trip

Thanks!
__________________
Disney Trips
May 2013 - POR Royal riverview room
January 2014 - AKV Kidani 2 bedroom savanna view
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
luv2cruisedisney
Mouseketeer
 
luv2cruisedisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 441

Pinpics is your best place to start for info.

Pricing is very fluid, sorta like art. One person may really want a pin but it is hard to judge what it is really worth. they do however show you how many people are looking to trade for it so it shows you a relative value.

Good Luck

John
__________________
luv2cruisedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Cobern
DIS Veteran
 
Cobern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Clewiston, Fl
Posts: 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruisedisney View Post
Pinpics is your best place to start for info.

Pricing is very fluid, sorta like art. One person may really want a pin but it is hard to judge what it is really worth. they do however show you how many people are looking to trade for it so it shows you a relative value.

Good Luck

John
Thank you! Does it matter if some of the light up ones need batteries?
__________________
Disney Trips
May 2013 - POR Royal riverview room
January 2014 - AKV Kidani 2 bedroom savanna view
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Thank you! Does it matter if some of the light up ones need batteries?
It depends...if it won't work, then that might decrease the "value" of the pin. If the battery can be replaced and you can verify that the pin works when new batteries are used, then it probably doesn't really matter if the batteries are included. If the batteries cannot be replaced and the pin does not work, then that will probably decrease the "value". Still, as the PP said, "value" is pretty fluid and really varies.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Cobern
DIS Veteran
 
Cobern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Clewiston, Fl
Posts: 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post

It depends...if it won't work, then that might decrease the "value" of the pin. If the battery can be replaced and you can verify that the pin works when new batteries are used, then it probably doesn't really matter if the batteries are included. If the batteries cannot be replaced and the pin does not work, then that will probably decrease the "value". Still, as the PP said, "value" is pretty fluid and really varies.
Awesome. Thank you! I think I am going to take my light up ones to a local jeweler and see if the batteries can be replaced. I might wear those for the parades
__________________
Disney Trips
May 2013 - POR Royal riverview room
January 2014 - AKV Kidani 2 bedroom savanna view
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.