Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 124

Resort Pkg Cancellation policy

What is the cancellation policy if you have to canel your Resort pkg reservation after it has been paid in full?? Also if 1 member of your party has to cancel can you keep your current resort reservation or do you have to cancel and rebook for the remaining members of your party?? Thanks for any help
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfarlin View Post
What is the cancellation policy if you have to canel your Resort pkg reservation after it has been paid in full?? Also if 1 member of your party has to cancel can you keep your current resort reservation or do you have to cancel and rebook for the remaining members of your party?? Thanks for any help
If you cancel 45 days or more prior to arrival, you get a full refund without a penalty. A $200 cancellation fee will apply for any cancellations 44 days or less from arrival. You can make any changes 45 days or more from arrival without a fee, but will be charged a $50 change fee for any changes made after the 45 day mark that decreases the total cost. You can take someone off the reservation without having to cancel and rebook, but the above change fee would apply. Disney also charges a $15 fee for any changes made 14 days or less from arrival regardless of what it does to the total cost.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
If you cancel 45 days or more prior to arrival, you get a full refund without a penalty. A $200 cancellation fee will apply for any cancellations 44 days or less from arrival. You can make any changes 45 days or more from arrival without a fee, but will be charged a $50 change fee for any changes made after the 45 day mark that decreases the total cost. You can take someone off the reservation without having to cancel and rebook, but the above change fee would apply. Disney also charges a $15 fee for any changes made 14 days or less from arrival regardless of what it does to the total cost.
Thanks for the info!!! That helps!!
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfarlin View Post
Thanks for the info!!! That helps!!
You're welcome .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
Dudetrue
Mouseketeer
 
Dudetrue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114

Where can I find the cancellation policy?

We have a new booking agent at our travel agency who told me that Disney has changed the policy for 2014 and that there is a possibility of losing the entire cost of a package if you cannot check in. Not sure which date she said but we were told it would be very likely that the loss would be greater than the $200 that Disney used to charge. Where can I find the policy regarding trip cancellation?
Dudetrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
rocky41102
Mouseketeer
 
rocky41102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 209

So if you have to reschedule your package to a later date, is it just the $50 change fee? And the additional costs for the package if there are any?
__________________
rocky41102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:02 AM   #7
purple figment
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 8,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudetrue View Post
We have a new booking agent at our travel agency who told me that Disney has changed the policy for 2014 and that there is a possibility of losing the entire cost of a package if you cannot check in. Not sure which date she said but we were told it would be very likely that the loss would be greater than the $200 that Disney used to charge. Where can I find the policy regarding trip cancellation?
Starting with 2014 packages if you cancel one day or less before arrival you lose the full amount of your reservation.

From the terms and conditions - Cancellation Fees Prior to Guest Arrival:
Cancellation of Reservation - For cancellations made 45 days or more prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, vacation insurance premiums, and other amounts owed, will be refunded. For cancellations made 2 to 44 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, vacation insurance and other amounts owed, will be refunded. For cancellations made 1 day or less prior to guest arrival, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
__________________
Kim T
purple figment is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.