Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Tokyo Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #46
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobsessed808 View Post
I've been so bad about not updating this thing. I will finish this report sometime this summer! (I've been going through some personal issues)
Hope you are well. Don't worry about this report....look after yourself!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #47
battymum
DIS Veteran

Don't feel bad, once it is done, new readers won't know how long took!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #48
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for doing the report! Get to the rest when you can!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #49
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #50
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

I can't believe this is still on the first page. I will try to recount the rest of the trip and what I remember from the photos.

Anderson
Headed to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort November 10-24, 2012. Check out my Tokyo Trip Report
Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder with Monthly trips, 2007 to 2012
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century) and hopefully Sept 2013
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #51
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

Day 10 - Tokyo DisneySea Part 2

So at this point, its been 10 months since I went to Disneyland, so I'm trying to remember as best I can what happened from the order of my pictures on my Facebook album. Here goes nothing.

The next ride we seemed to have gone on is StormRider. While we waited in line, we got some strawberry popcorn. It was delicious, but very artificial tasting, with that strong scent.

StormRider is a fun ride, but not really one of my favorites. Somewhere in between attractions like Honey I shrunk the audience or Captain EO and Soarin or Star Tours, . For some reason, I remember reading here that the ending of Storm Rider is that the audience dies in the end, but that's not what happened at all. I was mildly disappointed.

We next used our Fastpasses for Indiana Jones. Now, Indiana Jones is one of the best rides in Disneyland California, but here everything is slightly better on the ride, making it really the perfect attraction in my opinion. The perfect combination of details of a dark ride, plus thrills. The indoor queue here is really amazing. You enter a large temple room whose floor is covered in moldy old skeletons, and the walkway is built above that. I'm not saying this portion is better, but its a great environment.

The ride itself is better in a few ways, the same as California but with improved effects like the spear room is soooooo much better than Disneylands, and they have an awesome smoke room effect instead of Disneyland's stupid rat screen effect.

We then headed to the Arabian Coast area. This is when my camera died, as I forgot to charge my battery (oops), so I had to use my iPhone. We got on the Aladdins Carpet Ride. Here is a terrible selfie picture of me and Andy. Fun Dumbo like ride, though we really liked the murals in the queue

After we walked down the coast, and bumped into the Genie.

Here are some other pictures of the land

The next rides we went on were

So we headed to mysterious island. These attractions aren't conducive to pictures inside, so no other pictures here. Journey to the Center of the Earth is probably my favorite attraction at TDS. It is just so fantastically weird - I love the audio animatronics and the different worlds you enter as you journey to the center of the earth. And the last bit of thrill is tons of fun. 20000 leagues is an okay attraction, but the space is so small and the windows are so tiny that it makes it uncomfortable to view everything.

Okay. Obviously Disney Sea is my favorite park so I have tons more info to share.

Anderson
Headed to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort November 10-24, 2012. Check out my Tokyo Trip Report
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder with Monthly trips, 2007 to 2012
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century) and hopefully Sept 2013

Last edited by disneyobsessed808; 09-12-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #52
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

Day 10 - Tokyo DisneySea Part 2

The next hour or so, we walked by Fortress Explorations. On my last trip to DisneySea, the fortress was being refurbished, so we never got to look at it, so this time we decided to look around, and I am really really glad we did.

There is just sooooooo much to explore in the fortress, with lots of little nooks and crannies. One of the coolest things, that I did not take a picture of was the camera obscura, a cool room that "puts you inside a camera" as an image of the bay is reflected onto a large table in the middle of the room using mirrors and such.

After that it was time for our lunch, we just decided to bring food from home, since there is only one place with vegan options. MMMMMM. More veggie sushi. As we ate, we saw some performers pushing out some huge taiko drums.

Another view of Mysterious Island

Since we were making good time, we decided to stroll around the American waterfront area, since a friend back home wanted me to pick up a Tippy Blue for him (Duffy's friend).

After that, we headed back to the Mediterranean Harbor area and then decided to catch a boat ride to the Lost River Delta area.

We spotted C-3PO along the way!

Okay, that's it for this post. Next up, Ariel's Grotto, Sinbad's Voyage, and more!

Anderson

Last edited by disneyobsessed808; 09-16-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #53
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

Day 10 - Tokyo DisneySea Part 4

We walked over to Ariel's Grotto, an indoor land that is primarily geared toward the younger set. We didn't do any attractions per se, but enjoyed appreciating all the details in there.

We got some fries from the quick service location inside the whales mouth.

A coral Christmas tree.

After that we headed to mysterious island for another ride on Journey to the Center of the Earth, then we headed to Sinbad's Voyage, a small world type ride. I'm not a huge fan of the ride but its a decent boat/dark ride with some cute scenes. I do like the little tiger!

We then headed around to the harbor, and waited for Fantasmic. We didn't get the best view, but we were able to see enough.

I personally was not a fan of the show. It is missing the intimacy of the original at Disneyland. The Harbor is just too big for me to make the show work. There were some neat features, but I missed the original, particularly the music. I'm not really a fan of the shows at DisneySea I guess, because I thought BraviSEAmo was also pretty lame.

After the show, we headed over to Restaurante di Canaletto, the only place with Vegan options for Andy.

It's like I was eating with Pooh Bear himself

I got a Margherita Pizza and Andy got a pasta. Both were delicious.

When we were done with dinner, I think we headed back to Lost River Delta to ride Indy and Raging Spirits again.

Then the last thing we did was head over to Midway Mania. The line at this point was 120 minutes and it was an hour before closing, so we figured we might as well try.

We absolutely loved the queue. We are used to the boring line at California adventure, so it was cool that we got to step inside of Andy's Room.

And most importantly, I won :P

Finally it was time to head back home.

Anderson
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #54
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

Hello fellow Hawaii person! I don't run in to too many Hawaii peeps round this forum. Good to know I am not the only Disney freak on the whole island! I was reading one of the threads on the Tokyo Disney sub forum and found your page from there. I hope to get to Tokyo Disney someday...my family is going next June but I didn't get approved for time off from my job. I did get approved for March vacation time though so I am going to Disney World instead which isn't too shabby of a consolation prize...ha ha!

That picture of the Fairy Godmother is scary beyond belief! I have met her I. Disney World before where she is a face character. Masked "human" characters always freak me out...Gepetto, Captain Hook, etc...Lilo is the WORST offender when it comes to masked humans...she is supposed to be a little girl but somehow she is taller than me!
jelloarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #55
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

Hello fellow Hawaii person! I don't run in to too many Hawaii peeps round this forum. Good to know I am not the only Disney freak on the whole island! I was reading one of the threads on the Tokyo Disney sub forum and found your page from there. I hope to get to Tokyo Disney someday...my family is going next June but I didn't get approved for time off from my job. I did get approved for March vacation time though so I am going to Disney World instead which isn't too shabby of a consolation prize...ha ha!

That picture of the Fairy Godmother is scary beyond belief! I have met her I. Disney World before where she is a face character. Masked "human" characters always freak me out...Gepetto, Captain Hook, etc...Lilo is the WORST offender when it comes to masked humans...she is supposed to be a little girl but somehow she is taller than me!
jelloarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #56
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

hello jelloarms. unfortunately, i don't live in hawaii anymore, as i'm pretty much a resident of arizona now. but hawaii will always be my home. tokyo disneyland is tons of fun and definitely visit if you have a chance! wdw is fun too, but i prefer disneyland :P.

Anderson

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: