Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #151
merentha
Mouseketeer

Quick Question: So I have the yellow ME tags for luggage. I just put those on my luggage before I get to the airport and the airline people shouldnt care right? And then after that they 'magically' show up at my resort a few hours after I check in?
Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #152
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merentha View Post
24hrs from now we will be in POR!! Whoohoooo

We put our deposit down 365 days ago, and this is our first family trip ever!(let alone to the world) we told the kids Monday DD6 DS3 and they freaked.

Thanks to Andre and venom and all the other cool kids that answered my newbie WDW and POR questions along the way.

I'll try and pay it forward while we are there and answer any "here now" questions if I can.
We stayed at POR in January and it is so beautiful... we liked the food court, Boatwrights restaurant, Old Man Island pool and hot tub, the boat to DTD... well everything! Your family will have a great time.

See you on Saturday, when we arrive for our second stay! We will be the ones from MN at Yehaw Bob's show Saturday night.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #153
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merentha View Post
Quick Question: So I have the yellow ME tags for luggage. I just put those on my luggage before I get to the airport and the airline people shouldnt care right? And then after that they 'magically' show up at my resort a few hours after I check in?
You HAVE to put them on your luggage before you check it or else you won't be able to utilize the magical express luggage service.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #154
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
You HAVE to put them on your luggage before you check it or else you won't be able to utilize the magical express luggage service.
I thought you could also pick up your own luggage and shlep it with you to the bus?

I leave Friday - only have enough tags for one bag a piece but I have two that I decided to check in. So I was planning on picking up my bags at MCO and just bringing them with me to the bus. It's too late at this time to get a second tag so am hoping I can do this.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #155
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMagicFan View Post

I thought you could also pick up your own luggage and shlep it with you to the bus?

I leave Friday - only have enough tags for one bag a piece but I have two that I decided to check in. So I was planning on picking up my bags at MCO and just bringing them with me to the bus. It's too late at this time to get a second tag so am hoping I can do this.
You can. That's what would happen if you didnt put those tags on your bags before you checked them.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #156
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You don't need to do that. Just take your claim ticket for the bag that doesn't have the yellow tag to the DME area. With the claim ticket and a description of your bag they can retrieve the other bag and get it to your hotel room just the same as the one with the yellow tag.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #157
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Got back from the World just about 2 weeks ago and wanted to give a quick review of our stay at Riverside. This trip 14 members of my extended family spent 11 days and 10 nights at POR. We has 4 different rooms 2 in the Mansions and 2 in Alligator Bayou. My in-laws all stayed at POR so we could all be together, and for all of them it was their first time staying at the resort.
My family was the first to check in and we got room 8579 in the Mansions. The room had everything we asked for in our fax, it was on the 1st floor in the mansions with a fridge. A added benefit was it was pretty close to a foot bridge.
I faxed our request 10 days before our arrival as well as 4 days before our arrival. In one fax we sent request info for 2 different rooms. The room for my family and the room for one of my sisters-in-laws. We also attached medical documentation to show a need for the fridges for both rooms. I know you don't need to show documentation for a medical request, but with the fridge shortage I sent it just in case. My sister-in-law,( the one who sent her info along with mine in one fax) checked in about 2 hours after us. None of her requests were going to be honored until we spoke to the front desk. The most important thing to my sister-in-law was that she be near us, so we could help her with her handicapped autistic son. We sent that information in our fax. Eventually everything was cleared up and she got room 8582. All's well that ends well.
we met our housekeeper on the way to our room, she introduced herself to us, and was very friendly. When we got into our room it was very clean and had the welcome towel Mickey on the bed. For the next 10 days we got no towel animals, but the room was always spotless. I'll take a spotless room over towel animals any day. 2 little things about our housekeeper, for the 1st 2 days she wouldn't take our tip. We would leave it and when we came back it was still there. Finally tracked her down on the 3rd day and told her to please take it. After that there was not a problem about her taking her very well deserved tip. 2nd thing was that she would leave us fresh soap daily and get rid of the used soap.Everyday 2 new bars of soap would appear and the old ones would be gone. This was the first time that ever happened in all our Disney trips.
Our room was in a corner and had little traffic passing by it was it was wonderfully situated. The only problem was we got no cell phone service inside the room. You would have to step outside the room to make a call. Yes, we got cell service in the other room( 8582) but not in our room (8579). Funny thing was we did get wifi in the room. Another thing about the room was that a frog was living inside the decorative trim window slats. We met him our second night when my niece came by . She spotted him inside the slats and told us. Some nights he would be there when we got in, some nights not. His croaking did not keep us awake at all. Hope the little guy is doing well. I did not get to see my 2 other sister-in-laws' room because of our different schedules but they said they liked them.
We ate at Boatwrights once with all 14 of us and the food was wonderful. My 3rd sister-in-law and her spouse ate there 3 nights in a row. They where crazy about the food. The Jambalaya knocked her socks off. That is a big compliment because they own several restaurants here in New York, so food is really their life.
Had the resort counter service twice and both times had the make your own pasta, delish. My daughter enjoyed their chicken nuggets and my spouse liked the roast beef sandwich. Other members of my family had breakfast there daily and said it was crowded, but manageable. Found an odd kink in the new mug drink system . I did not use the mug right away, so when I did the soda machine said I has refills until Sept.9th. Check out for us was Sept 3rd. It was programed to give me refills for 11 days from 1st use, not 11 days from check in. Just a little glitch.
The grounds kept beautifully, boats to DTD never crowded and came frequently. Never saw any movies on the lawn and pools were used infrequently. The fire pit was being renovated so no marshmallow roast. What can I say, we are park people.
We had a wonderful vacation and are already planning our return for next year. We will be returning to Riverside again.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #158
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
You can. That's what would happen if you didnt put those tags on your bags before you checked them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
You don't need to do that. Just take your claim ticket for the bag that doesn't have the yellow tag to the DME area. With the claim ticket and a description of your bag they can retrieve the other bag and get it to your hotel room just the same as the one with the yellow tag.
Great! I have options - will talk it over again with my sister cuz I sure didn't want to schlep the bags. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #159
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You sure can.

Quote:
You can do that. Or when you check in with ME, you can give them the baggage claim tickets for the bags that didn't have ME tags and they will get those 2. We have done that a couple of times without any issues.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #160
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow tomorrow!!!!! This time tomorrow we will be smuggled up in our beds at POR so we can get up for RD the next day at MK!!!!!!

I can't wait

Stacy
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #161
1GR8DISNEYFAN
Mouseketeer

Best Floor?

I really love reading this thread, it gets me so excited for our stay in November. This will be our first stay at POR, I have put in a request for Magnolia Terrace, we are booked for a garden view. Just wondering what is the best floor to be on, or if it really makes any difference.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #162
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

We arrived at POR today, and even though the rain was quite a bummer, we've had lots of pixie dust! When we arrived at POR, a super friendly CM informed me that not only were our fax requests met (Top floor, Alligator Bayou, close to main building, with a fridge), we were upgraded to a preferred room (booked standard) in Building 14, and it's a corner room! I was literally giggling and jumping up and down with glee as I walked away from the counter! Lots of other magical moments, but I'm ready to get some zzzzzzzzz's! Thanks again to Andre, Venom and all the other people who contribute to this thread!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
Old 09-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #163
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Sent my fax in today for our upcoming stay. We leave on Friday and will be checking in on Sunday! I'm so excited I can barely sleep. Hoping for a mansion building but also told them a first floor room in Alligator Bayou would make us just as happy. Have to finish the window decorations as a surprise for my birthday kid. Looking forward to being at our fave resort in a few days

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #164
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06
Sent my fax in today for our upcoming stay. We leave on Friday and will be checking in on Sunday! I'm so excited I can barely sleep. Hoping for a mansion building but also told them a first floor room in Alligator Bayou would make us just as happy. Have to finish the window decorations as a surprise for my birthday kid. Looking forward to being at our fave resort in a few days
Were checking in Sunday to! I guess I should get on that fax request!

Me DH DD DS
Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #165
Rainy29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
Anyone planning to decorate your window at POR for Halloween (or Christmas)?
I plan on decorating for my niece and nephews b-day for the first half of the trip then decorate for Halloween after that. I wonder if they make Birthday window clings?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: