Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #16
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
What activities do they do?
Games, Trivia, Karaoke, Dance Parties, comedians. It varies. You can pull up past Navigators to get an idea.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #17
crabby5
Earning My Ears

Smile if your kids will stay awake

We usually travel with 5-6 adults and one child (the grandparents, my husband and I and our daughter). We've been on the Dream twice and have done the late dinner both times. The first time, our daughter (who was almost 6 at the time) fell asleep at dinner every night. This was fine because we went to the early show and she essentially ate all day (anytime she wanted).
The last time on the Dream (Feb 2013) we also did the late seating and she stayed awake and ate then went to the "Club" to play until we were finished with dinner. It worked out really well and that's what we're planning to do in November when we go again. As soon as we sit down, she orders her food and they bring it out before we even order. We order while she eats then someone takes her up to the club and drops her off, then the adults can all eat as slowly as we want to. I would get her a drink and dessert to go each night and take it back to the room- she would eat it before going to bed if she wanted it.
They have some cuite things later at night at the kids club- like Pluto's pajama party (she still talks about this) where they dance and get to color a pillowcase.
Have fun- Hope this helps!!
crabby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
aprilchem
DIS Veteran

I can only speak for myself, but we chose late dinner on our August 13 Fantasy cruise and for us it was a BIG mistake. We thought our kids (ages 4,6, and 8) would be fine with it, but they weren't. In our case, dinner took a long time (on average, we waited 45 minutes from the time we first sat down until we got our first course, and 15-30 in between each course), and by the time we got to dessert (after 10 pm sometimes) the kids were bored, tired, and wanted to go to bed. We ended up ordering room service for them for the last 4 nights of the cruise and allowing them to go to the kids club instead of dinner, which seemed to distress our servers.

On the BTB we have booked on the Dream for January I've booked early dinner. If we end up being assigned the late seating I think we'll probably skip the MDRs altogether.
aprilchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #19
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilchem View Post

On the BTB we have booked on the Dream for January I've booked early dinner. If we end up being assigned the late seating I think we'll probably skip the MDRs altogether.
If you have booked early seating (meaning it was available as an option and you did not have to call and waitlist) you will not be assigned to late.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
birdman
Earning My Ears

I am inclined to keep my early spot. I don't want to sound anti-social, but it seems as if the delay is often attributable to others at the table (other families etc) either arriving late, or larger parties etc. Given that it is just me and my 10 year old, is it possible to sit just the 2 of us and then eat and leave at our own pace? I am not going to send my son out to the club while I sit there and eat on my own in any event. If I was there with the rest of the family that might be a good choice but not likely with just the 2 of us
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #21
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I too have wondered what happens if the kids cant sit through main dining! I am so glad to hear they can go to the kids club when done eating if they want Thank you!!

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: