Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

Private transportation

Hi
I will add today me DCL transfert
But I am still thinking private ones also as my husband called a few yesterday and they where availibility ( we leave sunday
Are the private transportation really reliable ? ( when they give you a time for pick up ?
Because we are only the two of us ( cheaper with DCL of course but boy I remember you get to port late 1245-130 ??
I ounce used FLtours ( way back and cannot remember if they were on time
I think my hsuband said two compagnies had still availibility so I have to secide by noon
So what was your exoeriences with private transportations on time on embarkation and debarkation day
Thanks
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Have you thought about renting a car? Very easy to do and not very expensive (depending on size car you want). This way you arrive when you arrive. You can pick up at the airport and drop off near the port (all the rental agencies near the port have shuttle to the ship).

Agencies in the port area are: Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty/Dollar, Enterprise/Alamo and I think National.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Have you thought about renting a car? Very easy to do and not very expensive (depending on size car you want). This way you arrive when you arrive. You can pick up at the airport and drop off near the port (all the rental agencies near the port have shuttle to the ship).

Agencies in the port area are: Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty/Dollar, Enterprise/Alamo and I think National.

MJ
Might try this next trip but this time around it will be between DCL transportation wich I find to be late
Or the private transportation I just want to make sure that when they give you a time for pick up that they are reliabe
Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Pluto1130
Earning My Ears

For our last 3 cruises we have used Happy Limo, they have always been about 10 minutes early, and have had nice cars.
Pluto1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
E ticket rider
Ferb's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto1130 View Post
For our last 3 cruises we have used Happy Limo, they have always been about 10 minutes early, and have had nice cars.
I second Happy Limo. We've used them twice and they've been great. We lucked out in August and got a surprise free upgrade from a Suburban to a super-stretch Hummer to the port.

"The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability" - Remy
E ticket rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Belleluvswdw
Mouseketeer

We have had 2 wonderful and one horrible experience with Happy Limo. Last one, the driver got lost heading from the Boardwalk Villas to the airport?! How does that happen? We almost missed our flight after the hour plus drive. We Literally ran through to the gate and joined the boarding line as the plane was loading. Yet another reason I refuse to check luggage -- we'd have been outta luck getting home if we did.

We rent a car or use Disney from now on. The stress of the last Happy Limo ride almost did me in!
Belleluvswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

As of tonight I am still debating on using DCL transfers the only thing is arriving late at port that bugs me
Any experiences with FL tours ??
Decisions decisions loll
Old 09-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

If I had to choose, I'd take the DCL transfers and deal with the late arrival. Will you be picked up at a WDW hotel?

I know you're excited to get there ASAP, but it's mostly standing around the crowd at the port, lucky if you got a seat.
When you come a little later, you skip the crowds & walk right on.

We've had around 8 great experiences, incl upgrades, with Happy Limo but the last one nearly did me in. Our driver was a speed demon, weaving in & out of traffic, flying up fast right up on the bumper of vehicles in front, probably a foot or 2 distance in between. His hands were moving in slow motion. Was he on something? I was having heart failure. I was never so happy to get out at the port. I did write HL a long letter & I got a huge apology with how one bad driver can ruin a great reputation of others and an offer for 1/2 price for our next time.
The WDW/DCL drivers are never aggressive & even with me being a bit of a nervous passenger, I've never been given a reason to feel nervous on a Disney bus.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

You could always use a private company one way, going to the port to get the arrival time you want then use DCL transfers one way going back to MCO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: