Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
FJS961
DIS Veteran
 
FJS961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,812

Best Remy experience

I am just off a 4 night Dream cruise and had the best culinary experience at sea to date. Upon boarding, I spoke to a very nice Remy server in the Concierge lounge named Arnaud. He promptly made sure I was set with 3 Remy dinners and that he would be our primary server.

On the first night, I had the Sauver (french chef menu) with wine pairing and it was fantastic. On the second night I had the Gout (American chef menu) with that pairing and although there were a couple of great dishes it certainly fell short of the first night for me. Being the menu is fairly limited, Arnaud told me he spoke to the head chef (Patrick Albert) and they were planning something special for me the third night. I was asked to trust them and did not order anything. He managed to bring me different fantastic dishes that were 'off menu'. I believe a couple were his favorites from the a la carte that were not on the other 2 tasting menus and a couple he said were not even on the menu. Since there are only 2 deserts, he brought me the desert from brunch/lunch for variety. The sommelier suggested that since I had tasted all the pairing wines that I let him choose a bottle of equal value ($200) and it was the best wine I ever tasted. What a special experience!

Last edited by FJS961; 09-14-2013 at 07:38 AM.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 6,168

Awww.... Sounds amazing!!!! Lucky you!!! So jealous. Remy blows Palo out of the water. Glad you had such a nice time!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 716

Good to know you had a great time! We are off to the Fantasy is three weeks. Already have Remy planned!

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,463

Love Remy! I planned my whole next cruise just to have my birthday dinner at Remy! Planning on trying to get another dinner reservation when I get on board.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder
 
MomsOf2boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,990

I'm a little nervous to try Remy. We are not familiar with that type of food and fancy dining. Palo is comfortable for us but Remy is definitely out of our normal.
__________________
Susan
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled
 
jdb in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,879

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I'm a little nervous to try Remy. We are not familiar with that type of food and fancy dining. Palo is comfortable for us but Remy is definitely out of our normal.
Not to worry -- they won't "weird you out" with octopus pudding or anything like that.

This is Disney, not high-end snobbery. Think of the words to the song "be our guest" and kick it up a notch. In a relaxing way, of course.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
darkwing818
DIS Veteran
 
darkwing818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 2,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS961 View Post
I am just off a 4 night Dream cruise and had the best culinary experience at sea to date. Upon boarding, I spoke to a very nice Remy server in the Concierge lounge named Arnaud. He promptly made sure I was set with 3 Remy dinners and that he would be our primary server.

On the first night, I had the Sauver (french chef menu) with wine pairing and it was fantastic. On the second night I had the Gout (American chef menu) with that pairing and although there were a couple of great dishes it certainly fell short of the first night for me. Being the menu is fairly limited, Arnaud told me he spoke to the head chef (Patrick Albert) and they were planning something special for me the third night. I was asked to trust them and did not order anything. He managed to bring me different fantastic dishes that were 'off menu'. I believe a couple were his favorites from the a la carte that were not on the other 2 tasting menus and a couple he said were not even on the menu. Since there are only 2 deserts, he brought me the desert from brunch/lunch for variety. The sommelier suggested that since I had tasted all the pairing wines that I let him choose a bottle of equal value ($200) and it was the best wine I ever tasted. What a special experience!
Chef Patrick. Is wonderful, he put together something special for us when we did our Remy Lunch. He remembered us from earlier in the morning when we toured the restaurant. He also signed the bottle of champagne we bought in the restaurant.
darkwing818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
sunryzez
Mouseketeer
 
sunryzez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 389

Are there any vegeterian options in Remy for brunch or dinner. Dh and I love fancy dining and we ADORE Palo but I do not eat most of the things on the Remy menu but usually love vegetarian options. However, I REALLY want to try Remy on the Dream in March when we go. Anyone ever experience a vegetarian meal in Remy?
__________________


sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
faithfullyeeyore
Some of the best moments in life are the ones you cannot tell anyone about
 
faithfullyeeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 72

Armoud is our absolute favorite server!!! We have had him twice now and he remembered us from having us a year before! He and Chef Patrick go above and beyond Disney excellence. We have dined at Remy three times, once before the menus changed. I encourage everyone to go, even with allergies or gluten issues. They will work with you and provide an experience that will never be forgotten. Love to all Remy staff!
__________________
Many trips to WDW since moving here in 2005!

May 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing and B2B aka Magic to the Med! (very 1st DCL cruises ever!) 26 total days onboard, in the top 5 best trips ever!

December 2008 4 day on the WONDER!
December 2008 I'm a DVC member now!
December 2009 7 day Western on the MAGIC!
May 17 2012 3 day on the DREAM!
September 9 2012 4 day on the DREAM
September 29 2012 7 day on the MAGIC
November 11 2012 7 day MAGIC
April 21 2013 4 day on the DREAM
faithfullyeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #10
FJS961
DIS Veteran
 
FJS961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,812

It really was a major highlight of my no kids / no wife getaway
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
sambycat
DIS Veteran
 
sambycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunryzez View Post
Are there any vegeterian options in Remy for brunch or dinner. Dh and I love fancy dining and we ADORE Palo but I do not eat most of the things on the Remy menu but usually love vegetarian options. However, I REALLY want to try Remy on the Dream in March when we go. Anyone ever experience a vegetarian meal in Remy?
Yes. Let them know ahead of time. I haven't had a vegan meal there yet but vegetarian is a breeze and was fantastic. You can google up some trip reports with pictures of a vegetation meal at remy.
__________________
TDC


sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
adriver
Earning My Ears
 
adriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3

We did chef's table at Victoria and Alberts...I assume Remy would be the same type of experience. After all, Chef Scott Hunnel trained the chefs at Remy on Fantasy. WE are very excited
adriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.