Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #31
SGMCO
Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman1 View Post
We are at CSR now. We have stayed here 4 or 5 years in a row and always loved it until this year. The CMs were arguing in front of us in a foreign language as we checked in. There was a problem with our room so we moved to another building (no big deal, we hadn't unpacked yet) and it benefited us -- we went from Casistas 1 to Cabanas 9b. We ate at the Pepper Market twice and both times they were under staffed and food trays were not refilled. I even got the manger once because there was a girl trying to run 3 stations! He said he would get someone to help her but he did not. Our room is dusty and has major cob webs. Staff is not friendly. Not one person here has told me to "have a magical day."
It makes me sad. We used to love this place.
Was the resort busy with conventioners? I was just thinking about trying it again. Stayed there several years ago.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #32
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

CSR is my second favorite moderate resort. POR is my first. This year will be our 4th time staying at CSR. I actually like that it is a convention center resort because it seems to me it's more quiet since it's occupied by a lot of business people who are in meetings most of the day. We rarely (maybe once) have had a CM who wasn't friendly or efficient. A lot of people don't like having a hostess and server but honestly, the Pepper Market is less of a food court than the quick service options at the other moderate resorts. And I love the four bus stops vs. 8 or 9 at CBR (too many stops before getting on the road to the parks) and/or having to share the bus (too crowded) the way POFQ and POR have to.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #33
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Really? Those doors are one of my favorite things about the rooms at CSR! I wish they would put them in all of the resorts! They make it much easier to get ready in the morning without waking up the rest of the family.

I wear a size 9 or 9 1/2 shoe, and had no trouble getting into the sink area. And the door is built into the wall, so I'm not sure why it was giving you trouble. I think the side next to the wall by the bed is always a bit snug, the door doesn't really have anything to do with it.
The doors are a favorite of mine as well. Privacy is important to me even if my room mate is my DH. I have never brushed my teeth in front of him at home, why would I want to do that on vacation?
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #34
jrsharp21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post

- Conventions. I wouldn't mind being there with a convention, but for vacationers it can be a little weird. They could do a little more to separate convention business from vacation business, as in cater the conventions and not have them use Pepper Market for their meals.
Both visits at CSR for me were at a convention. The conventions normally do have catered lunches, but people like myself, like to get away from the convention crowd and have some personal time. I ate lunch at Pepper Market each day at my convention instead of eating at the catered lunch. Plus, also you will have vendors there taking their clients or potential clients to lunch.
jrsharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #35
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
Both visits at CSR for me were at a convention. The conventions normally do have catered lunches, but people like myself, like to get away from the convention crowd and have some personal time. I ate lunch at Pepper Market each day at my convention instead of eating at the catered lunch. Plus, also you will have vendors there taking their clients or potential clients to lunch.
Conventioneers don't bother me. We've seen more of them at GF and YC than we've seen at CSR. The only odd things is seeing people walk around with name tags that don't look like this:
Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #36
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Really? Those doors are one of my favorite things about the rooms at CSR! I wish they would put them in all of the resorts! They make it much easier to get ready in the morning without waking up the rest of the family.

I wear a size 9 or 9 1/2 shoe, and had no trouble getting into the sink area. And the door is built into the wall, so I'm not sure why it was giving you trouble. I think the side next to the wall by the bed is always a bit snug, the door doesn't really have anything to do with it.
I know - so many people love them and prefer them over the curtains. I do think they are really pretty, and I totally get the privacy/quiet factor. But they just make that area between the bed and the wall that much tighter. Sorry if I wasn't clear about where I felt it was a bit "squishy" - getting into the sink area isn't an issue. but squeezing past the door to get into the side of the bed nearest the wall is, as you pointed out, always tight, and the door just makes it that much tighter. In the two rooms we've stayed in over the past couple of years, the door was not built into the wall - it was on a track that made it slide over the wall next to the bed when it's open, which lessened the space to walk on that side of the bed.

Like I said, a very small gripe. It wouldn't stop us from staying there again if we had had better experiences with the staff and cleanliness of the rooms.
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #37
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I gave this place three tries. Three strikes it is out. Horrid issues every time. Rude front desk, etc. unless it is cheaper then a value I won't waste my money again
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite84 View Post
Gave the place two tries. After the first try I said never again, and after the second try I meant it!

That being said, any experience is what you make it. Focus on the good things, and have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmacats View Post
I know - so many people love them and prefer them over the curtains. I do think they are really pretty, and I totally get the privacy/quiet factor. But they just make that area between the bed and the wall that much tighter. Sorry if I wasn't clear about where I felt it was a bit "squishy" - getting into the sink area isn't an issue. but squeezing past the door to get into the side of the bed nearest the wall is, as you pointed out, always tight, and the door just makes it that much tighter. In the two rooms we've stayed in over the past couple of years, the door was not built into the wall - it was on a track that made it slide over the wall next to the bed when it's open, which lessened the space to walk on that side of the bed.

Like I said, a very small gripe. It wouldn't stop us from staying there again if we had had better experiences with the staff and cleanliness of the rooms.
Our rooms had them overlapping the wall, too, instead of into the walls..

We have given CSR 2 chances and both times it was a failure. Nice pool area, pretty grounds at night. But way way WAY too many issues - busses being one of the biggest.

We will not be returning..

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #38
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

I really loved pepper market. I ate way too much on the last trip.
1/2012-CSR- First trip as a family of three!
12/2010-CR Atrium CL
12/2009-ASM
12/2008-ASSp
12/2007-CR Atrium CL-First trip as a widow/single mom with baby Henry.
7/2005-PFQ- Honeymoon!
3/2004 PFQ- Engagement trip!
GSUJillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #39
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

After 35 years in Corporate America I can't stand the thought of staying at a convention hotel while on vacation. Seeing the droids talking smart, maneuvering, manipulating, back stabbing... noooooo! Leave Dilbert back at the office.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #40
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN View Post
After 35 years in Corporate America I can't stand the thought of staying at a convention hotel while on vacation. Seeing the droids talking smart, maneuvering, manipulating, back stabbing... noooooo! Leave Dilbert back at the office.
I've stayed at CSR twice, and I have never seen Dilbert walking around. A few guys in suits and tuxes, yes. But I've never seen anyone who appeared to be doing business while walking around the resort.

CSR being a convention resort is a great thing! It means you get a fitness center at a moderate resort. It also means you get buses that are not as packed with park goers as you have at the other resorts. It also means that taxis are always waiting for a fare at the front of the resort.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #41
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN View Post
Just a heads up in order to avoid conventions- CR,GF,BW, and YC are all convention resorts along with CSR.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #42
Linda L.
Mouseketeer

just left CSR

I have to agree with many of you. I have stayed at POR many times and loved it. This was our first time at CSR. I knew the theming wouldn't be as much because of the conventions. That was expected, but, I still missed it. The busses were fine. We did wait once for 30 minutes for a downtown Disney bus, but, most times the wait wasn't bad. Coming back from the parks at night, the crowds were much less at the stops compared to other resorts.
We loved the fact that the pools were quiet and not many young children. Sorry, but, our children are on their own and I hate screaming kids in pools and lines. This was the perfect resort for that.
I hated all the walking around the resort.
Most of all, I hated Pepper Market. The food was awful. POR has so many more choices. I didn't like the choices and the food was always cold. I also don't like tipping for a food court. At least POR has a microwave to heat food if needed! As much as I enjoyed the pools without screaming kids, I won't stay here again. The breakfasts were awful.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #43
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the Coronado 10 times and have loved every stay except the last one (and that was not the Coronado's fault but the Pop Warner people staying there).

That being said, there is no excuse for rude behavior by the CM's in front of guests or not saying hello or have a magical day.

I stayed at the Beach Club in June and won't be going back. Besides the awful bus system, we had very unfriendly and even rude CM's.

We would not hesitate to stay at the CSR again if we decided not to rent points.

I hope the OP's stay gets better.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #44
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Sorry to hear your stay is not as Magical as you hoped but it does happen, maybe some pixie dust will come your way yet

We stayed at CSR when it first opened, actually the day/ week it opened 8/1/97 and loved the resort and have always said if we were doing a budget trip again CSR would be considered. For a Moderate the pool is awesome and the food choices were great.

Looking at pictures of the current rooms the decor is more upscale

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: