Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #211
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennygirlj View Post
I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the 10% off entire purchase coupons? I am thinking that it would work because the 5% pharmacy coupons work but I don't want to get to the register with a bunch of gift cards and then the coupon not come off.
Are these the 10%-off coupons that are sent to people when they get a change of address packet from the post office?

If they are, then the answer is: No, they don't work for Disney GCs or any other GCs.

From a long thread on the Budget Board:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
Thank you - to confirm, you bought the Disney gift cards, and used the "Welcome Home" 10% coupon? If so, I'm just going to resell mine on ebay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Yes, I bought a lot of merchandise, including Disney gift cards. I did use the "Welcome Home" 10% coupon that i received when I changed my address with the post office. I received 10% off on the entire purchase of everything else except the Disney gift cards. I also used my Redcard and had a 5% pharmacy rewards and those both came off the gift cards but the 10% from the movers coupon did not. So it does stack with the other coupons but for some reason, it did not work on the gift cards.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it doesn't even come off on the receipt the same way as the other discounts which come off after the subtotal. This comes off further up the receipt as a "Target coupon" and then just took 10% off the non-gift card total. Hope that all makes sense.

Last edited by Marionnette; 09-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #212
Msmissymouser
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to share-bought 65 GC at Target yesterday using my Red Card & a pharmacy rewards card. Saved $316 ! I called the Target Red Card fraud line before heading to the store to alert them I was making a large purchase. After some of the horror stories I read on here I didn't want any issues! The process at Target was simple & I had no issues. I called Disney today to pay for my trip. Spoke with "Clay" who was AWESOME!!! He was very pleasant & was happy to enter all of the GC. Great experience!!!!
Msmissymouser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #213
anmickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmissymouser View Post
Just wanted to share-bought 65 GC at Target yesterday using my Red Card & a pharmacy rewards card. Saved $316 ! I called the Target Red Card fraud line before heading to the store to alert them I was making a large purchase. After some of the horror stories I read on here I didn't want any issues! The process at Target was simple & I had no issues. I called Disney today to pay for my trip. Spoke with "Clay" who was AWESOME!!! He was very pleasant & was happy to enter all of the GC. Great experience!!!!
Is Target able to tell you your spending limit? I had an awkward experience once shortly after I'd gotten the card and now I'm always too scared to buy too much at one time. I'm planning on getting a ton of Disney gift cards too.
anmickey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #214
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

FYI - There's a Target special of $10 Target GC with purchase of $75 that will happen on 9/30.

http://www.target.com/c/cyber-monday/-/N-5q0f1
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #215
anmickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
FYI - There's a Target special of $10 Target GC with purchase of $75 that will happen on 9/30.

http://www.target.com/c/cyber-monday/-/N-5q0f1
Hmm. I hope it includes gift cards. Can you use Target GC's to buy Disney GC's? If so, makes the deal even sweeter.
anmickey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #216
sunflare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmickey View Post
Hmm. I hope it includes gift cards. Can you use Target GC's to buy Disney GC's? If so, makes the deal even sweeter.
Yes, you can use Target GCs to buy Disney GC's. I've done it many times.
sunflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #217
dlhamann
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micday View Post
I just used 33- $50 Disney GC's to finish paying for our trip! ( I called Target and was told they had $500 GC but they did not, only $50. I live 40 minutes from Target, manager rang me up.) The CM was super sweet, did this two days ago. Probably depends on the CM you get?
WHAT?!?!?!? After reading all over the internet and from various people that I could use unlimited gift card to buy my Disney World tickets, I went to Target and bought 27 $50 gift cards, plus I had a $200 gift card for getting my Disney VISA. I called WDW today ready to order my 5 5-day tickets, and the agent told me that I could only use 2 gift cards per person, so 10 gift cards total. I begged and pleaded and she told me that’s all I could use. So then I had a panic attack and started crying because I had already bought $1500 in gift cards, so I asked to speak to her manager. She transferred me to someone in Guest Services who told me I could go ahead and reserve my tickets and then just give my confirmation number at Downtown Disney the night we get there and run my gift cards though there. I’m okay with that but wanted the tickets sooner to see if we would be chosen for the FP+ testing.

So NO, I was NOT allowed to use unlimited gift cards on the phone today to order tickets, but I can use them at Guest Services at the park.
dlhamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #218
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhamann View Post
WHAT?!?!?!? After reading all over the internet and from various people that I could use unlimited gift card to buy my Disney World tickets, I went to Target and bought 27 $50 gift cards, plus I had a $200 gift card for getting my Disney VISA. I called WDW today ready to order my 5 5-day tickets, and the agent told me that I could only use 2 gift cards per person, so 10 gift cards total. I begged and pleaded and she told me that’s all I could use. So then I had a panic attack and started crying because I had already bought $1500 in gift cards, so I asked to speak to her manager. She transferred me to someone in Guest Services who told me I could go ahead and reserve my tickets and then just give my confirmation number at Downtown Disney the night we get there and run my gift cards though there. I’m okay with that but wanted the tickets sooner to see if we would be chosen for the FP+ testing.

So NO, I was NOT allowed to use unlimited gift cards on the phone today to order tickets, but I can use them at Guest Services at the park.

Gift cards are supposed to be same as cash, I don't know why they would be able to reject a payment, phone or not. How many cards did Target allow you to buy per purchase?
Old 11-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #219
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Gift cards are supposed to be same as cash, I don't know why they would be able to reject a payment, phone or not. How many cards did Target allow you to buy per purchase?
Vacation packages and room reservations can be paid with multiple forms of payment over the phone.

Ticket orders go through a different department and they only allow 2 forms of payment online or by phonei. Both can be GCs but their total value must be sufficient to cover the entire cost of the ticket(s). If you go to a ticket booth, you can use as many GCs as it takes to pay for your tickets.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #220
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the 20% off coupon from Target is going to work to buy Disney gift cards since they are entertainment cards instead of gift cards?

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #221
nydancemom
Mouseketeer

^^^
I would love to know if anyone has tried this yet. I asked at Target when I got the 20% coupon and the cashier didn't know if it would work. I'd love to go buy about $2000 worth of Disney Gift cards for my next trip. That would be a LOT of savings!
nydancemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #222
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
Does anyone know if the 20% off coupon from Target is going to work to buy Disney gift cards since they are entertainment cards instead of gift cards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydancemom View Post
^^^ I would love to know if anyone has tried this yet. I asked at Target when I got the 20% coupon and the cashier didn't know if it would work. I'd love to go buy about $2000 worth of Disney Gift cards for my next trip. That would be a LOT of savings!
According to other threads, the 20% is NOT working on Disney GCs. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #223
Autumnslight
DIS Veteran

I tried it today. The 20% off coupon did not work, unfortunately. The 5% Red Card discount did work, as it has in the past.
Autumnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #224
russomd
Earning My Ears

Yesterday it was managers discretion whether they manually gave you the discount or not. Some got the 20% off and some didn't. I am pretty sure target has put a stop to it.

We were able to get the deal!
russomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #225
nydancemom
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say that I just returned from my Target shopping trip and saved almost $1000 on 80 Disney cards ($4000). I had no problem, asked before I got in the check out line so I wouldn't hold up a line, was told yes, not a problem, that they had several people yesterday who got the discounted 20% with the coupon. They called over a manager. She took me to customer service desk, told me she had done the same thing the day before for her own upcoming trip, that she had called regional headquarters and was told yes, the Disney cards were perfectly ok to discount. She verified it again later in the day when another customer came in to buy several thousand dollars worth and again was told it was not a problem! So for my purchase today, she did not need to verify again, she just knew exactly what to do. It took awhile to ring up 80 cards (because my Red debit card wouldn't go through, too much money compared to my usual Target spending habits according to phone call I made while there) so the manager then told me to go ahead and use my Disney credit card after she took off the 5% I would have gotten with my Red card. So end result, $4000 became $3040. And I'll earn $30 in Disney dollars too.
nydancemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: