Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #3181
leannak
Mouseketeer

OK, my poly buddies. Need help. I just did online check-in for our stay in exactly 60 days. Now what? It seems we won't be part of fast pass + or magic bands, since those links don't work for me. Is that right? Is there anything else I should be doing after online check-in? It didn't give me anyplace to put in flight #s for Magic Express or to request to be near the other people in our travel group (we have 2 rooms and would like them together)... so I'm planning to call to give that info. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on selecting magic bands or FP+ or anything. I haven't received any notifications that we're invited to participate in anything with those so I'll assume we're not.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #3182
Silly3mom
Earning My Ears

Ok fellow poly lovers need some guidance our trip is booked nov 21st-25th of November🎉🎉I see now construction will be going on durning our stay. My main question is will we be able to see wishes fireworks from pool beach area? Or is that area going to under construction closed off?? Anyone know? Thank uou
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #3183
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
OK, my poly buddies. Need help. I just did online check-in for our stay in exactly 60 days. Now what? It seems we won't be part of fast pass + or magic bands, since those links don't work for me. Is that right? Is there anything else I should be doing after online check-in? It didn't give me anyplace to put in flight #s for Magic Express or to request to be near the other people in our travel group (we have 2 rooms and would like them together)... so I'm planning to call to give that info. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on selecting magic bands or FP+ or anything. I haven't received any notifications that we're invited to participate in anything with those so I'll assume we're not.
You can imput your ME info at the following link, I used it and it worked great

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...e/index?bhcp=1

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #3184
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

The wall started going up today. Check out tikiman fb page or the construction thread here on the dis for pictures.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #3185
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt
The wall started going up today. Check out tikiman fb page or the construction thread here on the dis for pictures.
I think this is exciting but I know I'm in the minority. IMO, The majority of the changes Disney does turns out great. I loved what they've done with the rooms and hallways, it looks so much nicer and better!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #3186
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly3mom View Post
Ok fellow poly lovers need some guidance our trip is booked nov 21st-25th of NovemberI see now construction will be going on durning our stay. My main question is will we be able to see wishes fireworks from pool beach area? Or is that area going to under construction closed off?? Anyone know? Thank uou
As work just started today, no one knows what it will currently look like at the end of November. A lot could take place between now and then. Just keep an eye on the Construction Thread here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110773

Old 09-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #3187
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
We are Saturday too!!!
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I am so excited. Not only did we get the newly released AP rate for our December trip but Dh agreed to let me add the 24th also!! It means we will be traveling back 3 hours on Christmas Day but it will be soooooo worth it. I am SO excited!!! So now we will be there from 12/20 to 12/25!!!
Congrats on getting the AP discount as well as adding a night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post
18 days until we check into the poly for our first stay there. Dh is running the tot 10 miler and we are very excited.
The Poly is amazing.....you're going to love it . Good luck to your DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrowbridge View Post
We just got back last night from our first trip to the Poly and I already miss it! Everything was wonderful! No construction anywhere that I saw, everyone was super nice and friendly! I wish we could go back! lol
Glad you had a great time and loved the Poly......the Poly is an amazing resort .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I think this is exciting but I know I'm in the minority. IMO, The majority of the changes Disney does turns out great. I loved what they've done with the rooms and hallways, it looks so much nicer and better!!
I agree that anything Disney does turns out great and they do a great job of making sure things don't interfere with the guests every day enjoyment . I can't wait to check out the new rooms in December .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #3188
Princess_Au
Mouseketeer

I did an online check-in for the first time. Will I be able to talk to the cast member and have them search for other available rooms, if I dont get our requested longhouse? I realize a request is not guaranteed, but I am hoping they can give me other options, if Im not happy with our assigned room.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #3189
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

It's Official!
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...-dvc-announced
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Old 09-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #3190
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
Wow! Surprised to see an actual announcement but glad they did it!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE JUL 1989 OFFSITE MAR 2000 ASMO SEP 2000 ASMU SEP 2002 ASSP NOV 2009 POP FEB 2011 CBR JUL 2012 WL CL APR 2013 YC CL SEP 2013 POFQ AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #3191
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
There seems to be some speculation that MB & FP+ MAY become available for those of us with November arrivals. Apparently all of the resorts are currently being loaded into the system, to be added to the "testing" for the second half of October. The speculation is that it doesn't make sense for all of the resorts to be added only to cut it off at the end of October and have no MB's or FP+ for November guests.

Someone in another thread also reported that October didn't get loaded into the system until around August 20th (or 23rd?, I don't remember the exact date), so there is still hope that November will be coming! You can keep an eye on what's happening for November arrivals in this thread if you are hoping for MB's & FP+:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly3mom View Post
Ok fellow poly lovers need some guidance our trip is booked nov 21st-25th of November����I see now construction will be going on durning our stay. My main question is will we be able to see wishes fireworks from pool beach area? Or is that area going to under construction closed off?? Anyone know? Thank uou
It sounds like the construction will be from east of Hawaii, across in front of Tahiti and out around Sunset Point. I can't imagine that they would close off the entire Poly beach, right down to the marina entrance, there doesn't seem like there would be a need for it.

The best thing is just to follow the construction thread to keep up with what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Au View Post
I did an online check-in for the first time. Will I be able to talk to the cast member and have them search for other available rooms, if I dont get our requested longhouse? I realize a request is not guaranteed, but I am hoping they can give me other options, if Im not happy with our assigned room.
It is possible to get a different room if you've done online check-in. It can possibly involve a wait, depending on how busy the desk is and they will have to redo your key cards since they are pre-prepared when you do online check-in.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Old 09-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #3192
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

From what I was told by a CM is that magic bands and FP+ ends at the Poly on October 31st. I asked because we are part of the MB program for POP in early Oct and asked if I would also be able to use it for our Dec trip to the Poly. I was told no as it ends at the Poly on Oct 31st and unless they went live with it before our trip we would have to go back to using tickets and room keys in December
Old 09-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #3193
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
From what I was told by a CM is that magic bands and FP+ ends at the Poly on October 31st. I asked because we are part of the MB program for POP in early Oct and asked if I would also be able to use it for our Dec trip to the Poly. I was told no as it ends at the Poly on Oct 31st and unless they went live with it before our trip we would have to go back to using tickets and room keys in December
Yes, this is what CM's are saying & TA's have been told. As I said, what I mentioned in the above post is purely speculation based on the fact that all resorts seem to have been added to the system for the end of October - Maybe there will be a partial roll out for all resorts beginning in November?(with offsite to follow ...) I agree with those speculating that it doesn't make a lot of sense for IT to go to the effort of adding all of the resorts (and reportedly dates for most of November) if MB/FP+ were just going to be cut off in a little over a month. I guess time will tell. My fingers are crossed - mainly because I would love FP+ for the afternoon that we arrive!

ETA: I mean for when we arrive this fall - on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend - I don't have a ticker for that trip because it's a surprise & DD10 likes to read over my shoulder!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #3194
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

We got our magic bands today!!! I called and requested Tokelau (our favorite ) too. I have tried calling each day since last Friday but they have had 'magical enhancements' each time I called. I don't mind calling back but it is SUCH A PAIN to talk to that automated system that has no idea what I'm saying. And I ENUNCIATE Oh well, request in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post

I was JUST thinking today that I would be interested in buying DVC but ONLY at the Poly. OH DH is going to be so mad at me

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #3195
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Yes, this is what CM's are saying & TA's have been told. As I said, what I mentioned in the above post is purely speculation based on the fact that all resorts seem to have been added to the system for the end of October - Maybe there will be a partial roll out for all resorts beginning in November?(with offsite to follow ...) I agree with those speculating that it doesn't make a lot of sense for IT to go to the effort of adding all of the resorts (and reportedly dates for most of November) if MB/FP+ were just going to be cut off in a little over a month. I guess time will tell. My fingers are crossed - mainly because I would love FP+ for the afternoon that we arrive!

ETA: I mean for when we arrive this fall - on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend - I don't have a ticker for that trip because it's a surprise & DD10 likes to read over my shoulder!
I too am hoping that they just keep it going. I really would like to use our bands in December. Keeping track of all the different cards makes me crazy. I am always afraid i will lose one. Freaked last visit because they needed to see my drivers license and when I had to show it at check in I didn't put it back in it's normal place. Worst ten minutes of my life till I found it. You have to half sell one of your children here to get a DL replaced

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: