Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #2476
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lffam View Post
I have one of those day calendars on my DL, a Star Trek one, that you peel off each day. Today I wrote a count down on each of the coming days so I have my own daily countdown when I get to work which gives me a great start to the day! 39 days today!!!
Only 38 days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressGracey View Post
Hello everyone! I just changed our February reservation to Wilderness Lodge so excited! Just love this resort...Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on here on this thread though...
WOOHOO! Happy planning and catching-up. Let us know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Only 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very excited and cannot wait to try the OFC for the first time. I have a feeling Jim is going to now have a favorite.
I have the same feeling and I think he'll let you know within 24 hours...or minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We did make it to the GrandCalifornian for dinner. We just grabbed nachos from their QS restaurant, but it was a fun way to round out the day.

GC and WL are as similar as any two Disney resorts I can think of, but they have their unique features. GC doesn't have the beautiful location on Bay Lake, but you can walk right in to the CA Adventure Park.
Nice to see some photos of that other Lodge. Are you all packed and done with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I'm sure I'm not next, but I'm checking in soon!

Many thanks to those who have been posting great photos, they are so appreciated!!
You sure are checking-in soon and I can't wait to hear what you think. You may have missed my question, but just curious, why did you make the RC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinaz View Post
Anyone checking out from WL 10/6 to go on the Dream.. want to share a limo?
Oooo nice. I thought one or two were going on the BWI/BWV thread, but I may be all wrong on the dates. You might want to post to some other Deluxe threads and see if you can share if no one can here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Both times we have been in that area on the 6th floor and therefore had a closed balcony which i did not think was bad. However, are the balconies open on the 5th floor?
Only part of the 6th floor and all of the 7th have enclosed balcony railings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
I'm having a dreadful time focusing on anything except Disney. I'm already packed. It's so hard that a room has already been assigned to me and I can't find out which one. Sigh.

Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait.
Sounds like someone won't be getting much sleep. But that's OK, a Disney-tired is a great thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webprinter View Post
Well, I guess I will show up after all of you. We are scheduled to check in next Saturday! Can't wait. I will be there with my two young children ages 22 years old and 29 years old. Plus my ddil and dd's boyfriend. Oh, and DH.
What family fun! How many rooms are you in or are you in a villa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMax View Post
I'm at 24 days till check-in! So much to do and can't concentrate!
You.Must.Concentrate. You don't want to forget to pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
We checked out last Saturday and I have to say of all the resorts we stayed out the WL is by far our favorite. The feeling you get when there is simply amazing. We loved being awed and peaceful at the same time!

I have posted some more pictures of the lodge, hope you enjoy them.
I did enjoy them! Thank you. You'll have to book your return trip soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
As for us... 87 days to go! My stomach literally does a flip looking at some of these pictures!! I want to be there NOW!!!

I even got a wild hair yesterday thinking "Well, dh has a week off in October, we could see if we could switch our point rental, and our flights are with Southwest so we could move them...."

But patience will pay off. I want to be a VWL, and I want to be there for the Christmas season. I can only imagine it's even more beautiful with all of the decorations. So.. I wait.
The time will start going faster and before you know it - you'll be walking in and seeing this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitman18 View Post
I have be stalking this thread for awhile now and love every minute of it.

Today is FINALLY the day we leave. We will be arriving at WL this afternoon and thanks to this thread I am most excited about the lodge.

It will be our first time staying deluxe as a family.

Thank you to everyone for posting your pics and comments because it made the wait bearable.
Glad you came out of lurkdom and welcome! I'm glad you found the thread useful and you can always say 'thanks' by posting some new photos while you're there. You're going to LOVE the LODGE and we can't wait to hear what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Posted this separately, but if any WL experts know this I would appreciate it!

I haven't stayed at WL since the refurb (last stay in fall 2011) and wondering if anyone can tell me about the hairdryers there. Good? Strong? Pictures?
DD and I have long hair and find they work really fast:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Can someone add my date?? Nov 1 - 3 WL Club Level
I've added you to Post #1.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #2477
marmalade
DIS Veteran

Can you add me to the front page as well? We are going December 11-15th and staying CL. Our first time staying her and our first time visiting during the holidays.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #2478
MagicallyDelicious
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
Can you add me to the front page as well? We are going December 11-15th and staying CL. Our first time staying her and our first time visiting during the holidays.
You've picked a wonderful resort for the holidays. It is most beautiful that time of year.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #2479
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazeemama View Post

Thanks!!! Are you able to see the fireworks from Wishes at night?
Not sure if I'll be in my room to see but I think from my room they should be visible in the small gap between the trees. The floors above me have a better view I'm sure. I'm on the balcony now and it looks like the wind has blown a limb down that wasn't there this morning. It wasn't hanging that low before.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #2480
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoconut2906 View Post
We leave on sept 18th for vwl first time staying there have always wanted to since I was a kid ans now I get the chance with my dh and dd 2
Congratulations! Tomorrow you'll be on your way. I have been meaning to reply about the foam crown. We also got ours at the village gift shop across from Gaston's Tavern in New Fantasyland, but we also saw that they have them in a couple of shops in World Showcase at Epcot. (England and at least one other). Your daughter should have a wonderful time.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #2481
JinxedSydney
Lurker Extraordinare

It's so funny to see people start packing with single digits left. I'm dying to start packing now... (just look at the ticker!)

Kook, will you add me to the LL? Dec 2 - 10
Old 09-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #2482
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
Me too please! We will be in a Woods View room from Nov. 2 through Nov. 7. It's exciting to see how many DISers will be at WL during this time!

Old 09-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #2483
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Nice to see some photos of that other Lodge. Are you all packed and done with?
Lol, no, we just barely started the laundry. Last night we dug out some of the souvenirs so I could take gifts to coworkers. Maybe tonight we'll get some more clothes clean.

Melissa is sorting through the over 5000 pictures we took, so that's a fun way to relive the trip. We will start a TR to share them, and I'll post the good WL ones here and on the photo thread. I have also gone back and fixed posts with blurry ones that I didn't catch when viewing them on my phone.

This time I also took pictures to mark the travel times with the different transportation methods, so I am compiling a list and will post the average times. It should be a more accurate update to the rough numbers I posted from last year.

We did book the bounceback for Sep. 2014. We have to really look at the finances, but going one more time in September before Allie's in school has a lot of appeal.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #2484
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

DD and I have long hair and find they work really fast:

Thank you!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 09-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #2485
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgirl r View Post
Is anyone else feeling sad this morning because GrandCalifornian, R2-JD, and LuvGoldens are no longer at WL? I'm missing the WL good morning pictures.
I am!
I don't like when any trip we go on is over, but Disney trips are the hardest for me. I miss the Lodge
Thanks for liking the pictures. I took a lot but I wish I had taken even more pics than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Great summary! We are glad you had such a fun trip and we really enjoyed being a part of it. It was great to meet and we all had fun. Thanks to you guys we got to take a car to Downtown Disney and share a nice dinner with DIS board friends. I also definitely have the exotic driving experience on my wish list.

We aren't sure when we'll be back either, but we did book a bounce back for free dining in Sept 2014 just in case we can do it.

Thanks for sharing all the pics too. We did our photobucket upgrade, so we have an easy place to share our pics as we go through them. We are looking forward to more of yours too.
Thanks for sharing all of your pics as well. Can't get enough of looking at the Lodge. I must say we are jealous of your post trip dinner. How cool is it to get home from WDW and go to DL and have dinner at a mini version of the Lodge.

We have never done a trip report and we'll give it a shot this weekend. I think it will be a photo thread like Kook did.

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #2486
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

I know that there have been previous post re: Magic Bands being available for WL
1.) are people still getting them?
2.) how long out should you check to see if they are available is it when you do your online check in?
3.) What if your travel agent is doing your online check in, and it isn't there - how often should I check back?

We are 80 days out and it seems soooo far away - I just can't stand it....

Thanks for all of your help!!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #2487
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

2 more days!!! I check in on Friday :D

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
September 29-October 5 2014

Me DBF
Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #2488
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
I know that there have been previous post re: Magic Bands being available for WL
1.) are people still getting them?
2.) how long out should you check to see if they are available is it when you do your online check in?
3.) What if your travel agent is doing your online check in, and it isn't there - how often should I check back?

We are 80 days out and it seems soooo far away - I just can't stand it....

Thanks for all of your help!!!!!
They haven't released Magic Bands for anyone who is checking into any resort in November yet. We are 74 days out, checking in on Nov 30th and I have been keeping an eye on the Magic Band discussion for November. I'll be sure to post here if the MB's become available for WL for Nov and Dec.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #2489
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxedSydney View Post
It's so funny to see people start packing with single digits left. I'm dying to start packing now... (just look at the ticker!)

Kook, will you add me to the LL? Dec 2 - 10
I am so with you on the packing thing. I have a few things
"packed" in a box and a working list. Not to mention crafting to do.

So love coming here to read up on things. Thanks for the hairdryer info. so forget hotels have these in them now.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #2490
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

I'll be at WL Sept. 19 - 22. Only two days! WL is my favorite resort and it will be my DD's first time there. I'm looking forward to showing it to her.

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000 (kids sang @ Magical Music Days); Our 25th Anniv. - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; 2013: Jan. 2 - 5 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8 BC; June 3 - 8 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7,; Sept. 19 - 22 WL; Nov. 23 - 29 POR; Dec. 6 - 9 CS; 2014: Feb. 1 - 3 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12 AoA; Apr. 3 - 7 POR; June 3 - 10 POR, WL; July 31 - Aug. 3 Disney Dream; Aug. 3 - 5 Poly; Aug. 22 - 24 BW; Sept 12 - 14 WL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: