Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #76
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I do so want to go to SF after seeing your photos! The night picture from your room was stunning!

The box of fruit was like a treasure chest fill of jewels. Beautiful, I love fresh fruit. Then to also have that great bottle of wine, such a gracious lady.

Timmy is growing up so fast. Tyler always looks so blasé, but that's the typical teen pose.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #77
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Then I took a closer look at the wine. Now, I am not knocking my friend Marilyn, who was my TA and who usually sends a bottle to the room when we book a cruise or All Inclusive...but, to be fair, these bottles are less expensive tokens available to TAs in general. (FWIW, Marilyn's hubby is a wine collector, and we have personally enjoyed many lovely bottles with them- this is just different). I looked at that bottle of wine that we had just received AGAIN...

Ummm...that ain't no TA freebie- that is some VERY special, VERY VERY lovely wine.
Nice choice! and what a lovely thoughtful gift! I really like Embarcadero/Financial District for stays. We have stayed in most parts of the city, including Fisherman's Wharf and we really loved being down at the Ebarcadero this time as well. SO many good options in the city though.

Quote:
CRAZY!!!!!! So after talking about shoes and how I would wear them and what I would wear them with, I signed a release and rejoined the fam. And Timmy says, "So, let me see if I have this right. We have been in San Francisco one hour. So far, you have gotten presents from someone you have never met and you have been on TV. Is that right?"

Yes, my youngest son. That is just HOW it IS for Mommy in sunny San Francisco!!
I want to travel with you too!

Quote:
From Diners, Drive ins and Dives- we were planning to have dinner here one night....

We had brunch there yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun to see pictures of the Musee Mechanique, we've never done it and I bet the boys would like it. The exploratorium is extremely cool. I didn't know it had moved from the Palace of Fine Arts, and was so shocked to see it down there!

Quote:
Tonight we would be having seafood for dinner, and on Fisherman's Wharf. If you have ever looked into having a nice seafood dinner on Fisherman's Wharf, you probably know there are not alot of good options. Lots of restaurants, just not that many GOOD ones. But we were going to Scoma's- and although it was pricey (like everything else in FW), it has very good ratings on Yelp and TA and even Chowhound.... so off we went to our first dinner in the city of yumminess!
I've never been but have heard good things. There is not much right in Fisherman's Wharf itself that is for sure!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #78
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Wow Ellen what awesome updates !!! Alcatraz, the seals , the flowers and the food !!! Those Bread animal were great !!! Hmm I have to check if San Franciscois a Free Trip!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #79
MEK
DIS Veteran

Holy Mega Update! I can't even read it all now because, ya know, I gotta get ready for work.

Love your arrival gift, your shoe interview, your entertaining lunch, and the cool museum. And thank goodness you told your stand in photographer how to take a correct picture!

I'll be back to read about dinner and, most likely, drool over it.

What a COOL city!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #80
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Subbing !!! I even have caught up!!!
YAY! So happy to see you Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The photo of Sean & Pods together is one beautiful shot. I'm partial to fathers & sons pictures, maybe because I have four, LOL.
LOL- me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm using IE, probably 7 maybe 8 and the last thing I can see in your sig is the Mickey with the life preserver. I can tell that there is another ticker below it because I see a sliver of that, and the words "mickeypath.com", but I don't see that ticker or anything below it.
What size is your screen? Maybe that's it- can you see all of your own sig? I think yours is the same as mine-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ellen - I am arriving May 12th for 6 nights. Traveling with Cynthia again. We are on an every 18 month schedule! We were hoping that Jenny could join us. We plan to pool our points and book an OKW studio.

How fun! I am skipping this year I think- hopefully you will have less band groups than we did- it was more crowded this past year the 1st week in May than ever before- and it was really all the band kids. It really kind of messes up everything, those large groups- when 200 kids get on EE all at one time, there really is no chance to be a single rider, etc- KWIM? Great that you can pool your points!

I hope Jenny can still go, but with her cruise changes I certainly understand if she can't. I wouldn't be able to travel twice in the same 6 weeks from a work perspective. Darn work - it is TOTALLY cutting in on my vacation plans!
I hope she can go with you, too- you will love her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
What an awesome gift! You had quite the start to your morning! I have to get to SF some of these days.

Jill in CO
SERIOUSLY!!! It was a GREAT start to a great vacation! Have you ever been to SF? You do need to go- it's very eclectic, and very beautiful.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #81
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][

SERIOUSLY!!! It was a GREAT start to a great vacation! Have you ever been to SF? You do need to go- it's very eclectic, and very beautiful.
I've been once the year before the big earthquake. I loved it and really want to go back as an adult.

Jill in CO
Old 09-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #82
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Wow! Somebody knows how to treat you right!

Double wow! What a special gift...DIS'ers rock!

ABSOLUTELY!

Some great pictures here. It really does look like a beautiful city.

It is one of those places that just offers SO much- love it!

I think I would have liked to hear Pods' take on it instead. It would have been like mine: "Um...they're shoes. They go on your feet...

...that's about it."

LMAO!!!! That is EXACTLY what he would have said! "They're black. My other pair is brown. I put on the ones my wife tells me to."

We do lots of research with that show, too!

He does alot of shows in SF- lots of places there to check out- there was another one on my list, it was a diner that was mexican/korean fusion- the burritos looked amazing- but we were never in that area at the right time.

Sassy servers are the best servers.

Agree!! Much more fun to have a personality than a dud!

Alcatraz? Why would you want that in the picture? I figured you just wanted the family in front of unrecognizable water.

Seriously! I prefer to have unrecognizable water, then put all the pictures up from various vacations in front of mystery water, then have everyone guess where we've been-

Really-Here we are in Chicago-

This is at Lake Michigan-

On the Italian Riviera-

Our quick jaunt to Nantucket-

Yeah, that's Clown-in-Poltergeist-level creepiness.

Right???

Very cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like I replied before you were finished updating...oops!

Glad everyone enjoyed dinner...looks like a neat place! I would have gone straight for the steak, though.

Or the PB&J- I know....

Beautiful sunset!
I cropped the pic- it's better now-

Thanks for replying- you always crack me up!!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #83
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a fun day and great gifts.....now I am hungry for a nectarine!
Dinner looks fabulous.
To say that fruit was great is an understatement- it was EXACTLY what fruit is supposed to be- juicy AND sweet- not one or the other. Those little green plums illicited a 10 minute conversation, if you can imagine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
You are an updating machine this morning!

Scoma's looks amazing! Not a huge seafood lover but that all looked fantastic!

Jill in CO
Scoma's is a landmark- not that special to look at, but lots of yumminess inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
All subbed up Ellen!

YAY!!

Hehe, good for you!

The pic of Tim in front of the Left Hand store...Timmy is a giant! A tall, skinny giant! When did that happen?

Crazy, huh? He loves it, too- always touching and reaching for things the rest of us can't- SHOWOFF!!

We passed by a Left Hand kiosk at Downtown Disney last month. I had never seen it there before, so I think it must be relatively new.

We will have to check it out! But it will be a while....

We just got back from a week at WDW...the Beach Club. I'm debating whether or not to do a trip report. On one hand, I want to. On the other hand, I doubt my ability to stick to it until the end!
Do it! They are so much fun to write- it's like going on the vacation a second time.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #84
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I didn't realize until your lobby photo that thats where Michael Joshua stayed last December during their boys trip to see the Raiders game.

Yes! We were chatting about that last year-

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Love every bit of this report from dinner (yum) to the sweet gifts. You are blessed my dear.
Don't I know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
That's what I call an awesome day!

It sure was!

Great gifts (well deserved ), great hotel, being a TV celebrity, and then a walk through one of the most beautiful cities in the world, chowder in a breadbowl , and a delicious dinner ..... only to be topped by some great wine and an evening on the balcony.

You live THE life, Ellen!
I am very blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I miss SF. My college boyfriend and I spent many a fun spring break touring about the city.

Had to laugh, I am like you, I research the heck out of an intended vacation, make all my plans (wish list) then hand it over to a TA. That way I get to have the fun and they can handle the problems, if there are any. Most often everything runs smoothly. Also, I hate talking on a phone so if I cannot reserve something via the internet or handle an issue via the internet then I want nothing to do with it.
Exactly- then the TA can stay on hold, and you can do better things with your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a wonderful gift! I'm sure you enjoyed getting it almost as much as eating/drinking it! Nice first day in SF! How cool that you got to me a QVC celeb! I wish I had seen your interview - I'm sure you sold lots of shoes - they should have given you a free pair! I just love the way the sun gleams on the West Coast just before sunset!

We loved the mechanique museum too! What a hoot! Looks like a wonderful dinner - looking forward to your next day!
I don't even know if that QVC thing has been on yet- I looked at their shoes on the QVC website, and did not see them- they really were fall/winter shoes, so maybe it's still coming up. I don't really watch QVC, so I doubt I will ever know it was on unless someone else tells me they saw me on TV, lol.

And you are right- I enjoyed being on the receiving end of that generosity just as much as eating/drinking it!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #85
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Really-Here we are in Chicago-

This is at Lake Michigan-

On the Italian Riviera-

Our quick jaunt to Nantucket-

You win the internet today!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #86
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Hi Ellen! Just found your new TR last night. Have started reading this morning but just wanted to comment on your first set of pictures. They are great of Sean, Tyler and Tim. Boy have they grown up. And Sean looks so happy.

Now, going back to read the rest!
Old 09-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #87
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I knew you were going to California after I read your last TR.
If you ever become a travel agent-I will be your first customer.
I posted very last on your Hawaiian vacation and I even commented if you would do my travel plans, without me even knowing about your TA plans.

Nice shout out to Wisconsin.
I had to look at the picture and I thought at first you were crossing the Mississippi, but then I realized you were crossing over Lake Michigan by Milwaukee. Me and my dh just came across the Milwaukee Express Ferry and I recognized the coastline. The Ferry was my big adventure this summer. My dh has to much work, we spent part of our vacation at a mechanic shop that is putting a new engine in a subway train. His company is putting a new subway tunnel in under Grand Central Station and it will go out to Queens. My youngest son is moving to NYC next week-he also works for Michels Corp, so maybe I will get to go and visit, but he already told me I can't stay with him, I have to get a hotel

Back to your TR-please become a TA-you take the neatest vacations. I never knew you could buy a ticket and be able to use those different transportations.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #88
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

I just found your TR and this is the exact trip that I have been thinking about planning!

My husband and I got out to SF last October for the first time and loved it. We would like to go back and take our girls but I can't imagine going to SF or DL without the other. Then I figured out how close Yosemite is and well, it has to be included too!

I can't wait to read along and take notes for my planning.

Christine

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #89
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Loved your updates, Ellen! Made me a little homesick, but still...

What a beautiful gift you received. How nice was that?!

And it looks like y'all had a great day and evening in SF.

I am loving the pics of Timmy and the oysters!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #90
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMaman View Post
Oh, Ellen! The pleasure was all mine. You are always so incredibly sweet! Thank YOU for all the time and TLC you put into your trip reports. Its not just your wonderful trip reports and pictures, but you really have a way of connecting with your readers and making them feel special. I cant wait to read about the rest of your trip. The next time we have visitors in town, I will tell them to read your TR and Im certain that even if they only manage to do what you did in one day it would still be a very fun, full week!
LOL, Tricia, I have to keep those boys BUSY!! They go full tilt or they just lay around like vegetation! It's really a challenge. And as I said to you months ago, I was worried because there was no beach or pool part of the day here, so I wasn't sure how it would all go- fortunately, they LOVED their time in SF- they both were very impressed with your beautiful city. So funny that you would send your visitors to my TR- when YOU are the one who helped me plan it!

And thank you, once again, for even MORE kind words- love that I can be a part in anyone here feeling more special. You should know that YOU have a way of making ME feel special-Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: