Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
hoffman1
Mouseketeer

Anyone else disappointed with CSR?

We are at CSR now. We have stayed here 4 or 5 years in a row and always loved it until this year. The CMs were arguing in front of us in a foreign language as we checked in. There was a problem with our room so we moved to another building (no big deal, we hadn't unpacked yet) and it benefited us -- we went from Casistas 1 to Cabanas 9b. We ate at the Pepper Market twice and both times they were under staffed and food trays were not refilled. I even got the manger once because there was a girl trying to run 3 stations! He said he would get someone to help her but he did not. Our room is dusty and has major cob webs. Staff is not friendly. Not one person here has told me to "have a magical day."
It makes me sad. We used to love this place.
hoffman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman1 View Post
We are at CSR now. We have stayed here 4 or 5 years in a row and always loved it until this year. The CMs were arguing in front of us in a foreign language as we checked in. There was a problem with our room so we moved to another building (no big deal, we hadn't unpacked yet) and it benefited us -- we went from Casistas 1 to Cabanas 9b. We ate at the Pepper Market twice and both times they were under staffed and food trays were not refilled. I even got the manger once because there was a girl trying to run 3 stations! He said he would get someone to help her but he did not. Our room is dusty and has major cob webs. Staff is not friendly. Not one person here has told me to "have a magical day."
It makes me sad. We used to love this place.
We had a great time in April

Maybe today will be better?

I remember going in August a few years back I got frustrated because when not busy disney downsizes. Single lanes open at ride vs both sides. Restaurants have less workers etc.

At least that stuff is minor so enjoy being there and less crowds

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I gave this place three tries. Three strikes it is out. Horrid issues every time. Rude front desk, etc. unless it is cheaper then a value I won't waste my money again
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

We've stayed there three times and have liked each stay. Last one was March 2012. Our only gripe that time was the bus waits were longer than we'd ever encountered. We ended up taking our car to the parks almost every day (at least we had that option).
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
wdwjeffc37
DisneyWorldFan

We had a great stay in May of this year for our 25th anniversary except for one incident at the pool. Very attentive and helpful front desk staff. Bell services was great in getting our deliveries to our room and we love the Magical Express. Especially being able to check our bags at the resort. We are not fans of the Pepper Market, but we tried it once. The food was OK and the waitress was very friendly. The room was in great shape and Mousekeeping did a good joob of keeping it clean. The entire grounds of the resort were beautifully kept. The incident at pool was not entirely Disneys fault. My wife was bitten on the finger by a squirrel while eating french fries. I reported it to the lifeguard on duty and he called someone from first aid. The problem I had was the first aid staff didn't seem to know what to do. My wife was given basic first aid (alcohol swabs, gauze, and a bandage) but when I asked them what we should do they were like, "Uh, I guess we could call the paramedics or something." My wife didn't want to make a big deal out of it but I was expecting a little more. It didn't ruin our stay. The resort manager did call the next day to check on her. We will stay there again.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
snowwhite84
DIS Veteran

Gave the place two tries. After the first try I said never again, and after the second try I meant it!

That being said, any experience is what you make it. Focus on the good things, and have fun!

snowwhite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Once was enough for us...

Place look great in the ads, super rate and we gave it a try... Now I see why is was cheap...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
Rose23
Epcot Fan

No Love for CSR

I'm with everyone else...there's just something about it that I do not like:

* The rooms seemed very dark even with the blinds open.
* The grounds didn't seem to be as well kept as they could have been.
* Did not like the Pepper Market at all with hostess seating you, watching and hovering. Definitely don't like having to tip in a foodcourt.
* The resort seems to not reach it's full potential. It could be so much more. Why not have some theming music playing outside to at least get youin the fiesta mood?
* Good things - Bus service was good at this resort though and the reception lobby is very nice.
Rose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

I stayed there in Jan 2012, and liked my room, but the place is just too big for me. I have a habit (which I'm going to try my darndest to break this year) of spending very little time at my resort. I was in Casitas 3, and I never did make it over to the pool or that side of the resort. It seemed like a huge walk to get to the main building or the bus stop, and I kept getting lost the first two days.

I really liked the theming, and I had a great meal at Maya Grill, but I'm not in a huge hurry to go back.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I have stayed there multiple times, and always have had a great experience.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #11
jrsharp21
Mouseketeer

I have stayed there twice now, the most recent this past April. Someone mentioned something about music outside. When I was there they did have Spanish style music playing outside. I can't remember if it was playing in the walkways, but I definitely know it was outside the main building near the water. Also, someone mentioned the long walk to the bus stop. There are 4 bus stops at the resort. The main one up front and the three others around the perimeter of the resort. I actually didn't realize this on my first trip until the last day there. This last April, my room was a short 50 yard walk to one of the stops in the back.

I agree that the Pepper Market leaves a lot to be desired. I do not like how it operates and the quality of the food is not the best. The hovering comment was spot on also. I felt like the waiter was standing next to my table just watching over me the whole time I was eating. Trying to get something to eat later in the night is also a pain. The little snack store doesn't have a lot of option. It took me like 45 minutes to get a personal pizza one night as they had one person taking orders and making the pizzas.

I will say the grounds have always looked very nice and kept up. I have no complaints about the rooms. Always clean and tidy. But since it is a Spanish theme, they do lack that Disney magic feeling.
jrsharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
hoffman1
Mouseketeer

Today has been a little better. There have been two staff members who were actually nice to me today. Maybe I am noticing things a little more because my husband has been ill this trip and we have spent most of our time here.
hoffman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
Robbi
DIS Veteran

OP, glad you're having a better day. We have always enjoyed our CSR stays.
Unfortunately, we have had bad CM experiences- arguing amongst in front of guetss themselves at several WDW resorts and at a Main Street gift shop. This would have been unheard of at one time.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

It wasn't our favorite resort, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for CSR.

- Some people like a big, spread out resort. But we prefer compactness and less walking.

- Some people like Pepper Market. We never got a chance to try it as a convention packed it at all times during our stay.

- Some people like the multiple bus stops, as it does save walking. They annoyed us because we had to stop at them every time we rode the bus out of the resort.

- The feature pool is spectacular. We had a great time there. The little ceremony of turning on the water in the mornings for the pyramid water feature was a lot of fun.

- The room was clean, though nothing to write home about. A Holiday Inn would be about as nice.

- Conventions. I wouldn't mind being there with a convention, but for vacationers it can be a little weird. They could do a little more to separate convention business from vacation business, as in cater the conventions and not have them use Pepper Market for their meals.

All in all, we felt we got what we paid for out of CSR. Fortunately we didn't pay all that much for it.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
It wasn't our favorite resort, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for CSR.

- Some people like a big, spread out resort. But we prefer compactness and less walking.

- Some people like Pepper Market. We never got a chance to try it as a convention packed it at all times during our stay.

- Some people like the multiple bus stops, as it does save walking. They annoyed us because we had to stop at them every time we rode the bus out of the resort.

- The feature pool is spectacular. We had a great time there. The little ceremony of turning on the water in the mornings for the pyramid water feature was a lot of fun.

- The room was clean, though nothing to write home about. A Holiday Inn would be about as nice.

- Conventions. I wouldn't mind being there with a convention, but for vacationers it can be a little weird. They could do a little more to separate convention business from vacation business, as in cater the conventions and not have them use Pepper Market for their meals.

All in all, we felt we got what we paid for out of CSR. Fortunately we didn't pay all that much for it.

I feel that way about all of the WDW resorts.The only difference with the deluxes are nicer lobbies and Hidden Mickeys.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: