Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #2461
BudgieMama
DIS Veteran

Very helpful! Many thanks for this!
Upcoming: October 2014: Yorkshire/Blackpool * February 2015: Iceland
Lifelong Dream: PTR Report *** Living the Dream Trip Report *** http://longsdisneytrip.blogspot.co.uk/
BudgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #2462
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Maybe a mod needs to create a brand new mug thread, since the whole system has been overhauled. The old system has so many loopholes and rules that no longer apply. Seems like it would be less confusing to just close this one and create a new one. Just a thought.
I certainly agree! In a way it's the end of an era with the "lifetime mug" camp, the "I reuse my mug until they change it" group, and the "I follow the rules to the letter" crew. I won't stir things up by saying which group I would fall into.
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #2463
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
I certainly agree! In a way it's the end of an era with the "lifetime mug" camp, the "I reuse my mug until they change it" group, and the "I follow the rules to the letter" crew. I won't stir things up by saying which group I would fall into.
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #2464
stef12280
Earning My Ears

HI Quick question I got a refillable mug voucher for my stay with my free dining.

is this the RFID mugs or a gift mug???
If its the refillable mugs is it good for the lenght of my stay?

Thanks
Stef
stef12280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #2465
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef12280 View Post
HI Quick question I got a refillable mug voucher for my stay with my free dining.

is this the RFID mugs or a gift mug???
If its the refillable mugs is it good for the lenght of my stay?

Thanks
Stef
If the RFID mugs are in use at your resort then yes it will be an RFID mug. It will be good for the length of your stay if you're on the dining plan.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #2466
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

I was told because of the RFID the new mugs can not be microwaved. I was wondering if someone has done this by accident and what really happens
Old 09-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #2467
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
I was told because of the RFID the new mugs can not be microwaved. I was wondering if someone has done this by accident and what really happens
The RFID Chip gets fried and the machine won't allow anything to be dispensed into the mug. I read a post from a CM at BC/YC who stated that if you do microwave it, even if you have your receipt, you are out of luck and will have to purchase a new one.

Now, once you are home and don't need the RFID chip to work you'll probably be okay to microwave it.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #2468
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The RFID Chip gets fried and the machine won't allow anything to be dispensed into the mug. I read a post from a CM at BC/YC who stated that if you do microwave it, even if you have your receipt, you are out of luck and will have to purchase a new one.

Now, once you are home and don't need the RFID chip to work you'll probably be okay to microwave it.
I figured it would fry the chip but wondered if it blew up or melted the cup or something
Old 09-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #2469
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
aw.. you left a group out. the "I am doing a split stay, buying a mug, and following the rules by using that ONE mug for my entire ONE disney vacation!

which, disney has recognized! you can even use your mug when visiting another resort during your stay!!! gasp!!!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #2470
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

We have just got back today from WDW and yes we did buy the new mug . We stayed at BLT for 8 nights and then AKL for 6 nights and purchased the mug for the whole lenght of our stay at The Contemporary. When we first used the mugs the machines had not been switched on but within 1 day of us arriving they were all working. You must remember to put your cup down on the stand otherwise it will not work. It was quite funny to watch people with old cups wondering why the machine was not working although there are plenty of signs around
Old 09-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #2471
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNurse19 View Post
It was quite funny to watch people with old cups wondering why the machine was not working although there are plenty of signs around
Many studies out there have found that in public places, most people do not read signs. If fact, the same studies found that at any given time in large airports, 85 per cent of the people are lost even though there is plenty of signage to help them. Seems to be true.

Last edited by dis_guy; 09-21-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typo
dis_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #2472
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Quote:

Don't forget the..."I'll just use my Universal Studios cup"; and the "I bought an orange juice yesterday, so, I'll just use the empty juice bottle" groups. (I saw them both on my last trip.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #2473
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

FYI- Just wanted everyone to be aware that you can't bring back used rapidfill mugs and get a discount. I thought I had read somewhere that there would be a discount if you reused a mug. My visits were several weeks apart.

I was charged full price for the second visit and didn't receive a mug. I wrote guest communications and here is their reply.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort refillable mug program.
I'm sorry for your disappointment with the new Rapid Fill refillable mug. As you are aware, this was introduced in August. It is intended to allow for greater flexibility in selecting number of activated days and can be used at any Walt Disney World Resort Hotel self-service beverage station. However, it is only valid during that particular stay on that reservation. As you know, the Rapid Fill mug has an embedded RFID chip that communicates with the fountain beverage drink tower to dispense your beverage. The Rapid Fill mug may be refilled every 2.5 minutes during the time for which the mug was purchased. For our Guests’ convenience, water is accessible at any time with no waiting period. At this time, there are no discounts given when previous mugs are used on consecutive reservations. However, careful consideration was given to ensure our Guests have the ability to receive a good value for their purchase while satisfying their refill needs. You may be assured that your comments have been taken seriously and share with the areas mentioned.
Our Guests’ feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your comments.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #2474
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Many studies out there have found that in public places, most people do not read signs. If fact, the same studies found that at any given time in large airports, 85 per cent of the people are lost even though there is plenty of signage to help them. Seems to be true.
Oh that's so true. When I worked at a retail store, we had to lock one of our two doors because the wind kept blowing it open. We put up a sign saying "Please use other door" at eye level. And this young lady, tried opening the door and looked through the door window around the sign and she had this very confused look on her face. She stood at the door for a good minute or so before realizing to use the door. It was pretty funny to watch
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #2475
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

Is the coffee on the RFID and have they switch to new brand of coffee.

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: