Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
PEC
DIS Veteran

I agree and disagree with his assessment. If you are not doing Character Meals and other high end Table Service then yes it is not worth it. If you are doing Character meals then the situation changes and I would go with the Dining Plan. Went with the family of five and we ended up saving about 50-70 dollars total with the Dining plan. That included two character meals, a couple of other little higher table service and counter service at BOG. We had one child under 9 that contributed most of the savings. Which leads to my second point. If you have children under 9 and you intend on several charcter meals then yes definitely get the Dining Plan.
Now my family is thinking of going with just myself wife and twins over 9. We would avoid the Character meals so getting the DDP is not worth it. I don't even see the QSDP being worth it. Part of the savings with QS is you get a dessert with the me, but my experience with most QS desserts are you can keep them. Not really great options and most are things I would never get without the Dining Plan. Exception would be at BOG. As for as unused credits, as pointed out by some this is misleading. Arriving at about noon or later on Day one we were able to save a QS for the day we left in the morning. Sure we didn't have a Breakfast but for my family a poptart or other quick lite breakfast was good. Plus the free mug solved the morning Coffee. That adds up after a few days. Plus we would get a drink when we arrived back from the parks. Once again not factored in the cost. Also if leaving Disney for a day you could always use a QS at your Disney hotel and save a TS in the evening to use another day or come back to Disney for a late TS and save the snack for a day at the park.
Bottomline if you just want to do rides and no CMs or other higher end TS then I agree with his assessment. Otherwise I think he missed the point a little and based it completely on how he vacations.
PS My advise would be play around in Disney site on booking a vacation with and without the plan then see what the menu costs are where you want to eat and see which one works better for you. I think you will find sometimes go with the plan other times don't go with the plan.
PEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddp, dining plan, frommer, frommer's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: