Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #736
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Did you have one set of bands to personalize or two. If there was only one you can expect another set once November check-ins are added to the system. If there were two sets then that would be the first November check-in that I've heard of so far that has been able to personalize bands.
I was wondering the same and was about to ask when I saw your post

__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #737
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I checked in online today for our Nov 14th arrival. No mb yet as expected, but we are seriously considering opting out now anyway. If it was just my immediate family we would get them, but it is way too hard to coordinate with a large group. Plus we have some staying off site and some DVC. I really don't think it will be worth the effort.
Except there is no coordinating with MBs. It's your room key, and park ticket only IF you link the tickets. Those staying on property can have them, others not, at least right now. The coordination nightmares are from trying to coordinate FP+ which you can use or ignore, whether you customize MBs or not. FP+ reservations are linked to your MDE account, and only utilize the MB to get on the ride. Hope this makes sense...
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #738
jenndot
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 51

Saw on another thread that October went live on August 20th and that they wouldn't be surprised if November went live around a similar date this month.

Obviously just speculation, but it is going to be hard not to check my MDE all the time over the next couple of weeks hoping for a rollout!! I'm getting so anxious!
__________________


PTR: Nov 2013 - Birthday SURPRISE Adult trip with First Timers! Eating Around the World!


Disneyland Off-Site - Contemporary - All Star Sports - Grand Floridian - WDW Off-Site Several Times (World Center Marriott)

Last Trip - WDW Feb. 2008 at All Star Sports
jenndot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #739
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran
 
OurDogCisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 2,905 miles away from WDW
Posts: 3,961

Question: I have old no expire tickets from 2006 that I purchased. They are not paper tickets. They are credit card tickets. But on the back there are no numbers for me to link them to my reservation? What do I do? How do I get a number so I link? My has a credit card swip?
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #740
kayemgi
DIS Veteran
 
kayemgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 533

Ok, the waiting is officially starting to get to me! I never thought we'd have a chance to get MBs at the All-Stars so soon, but now that it seems likely I just want to knoooooow!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #741
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.
 
TooBoyz4us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: N.W. Georgia
Posts: 2,060

Good morning fellow November travelers!

I had to assume that there was no good news for us this morning when I logged on and found this thread at the bottom of page 2

Maybe this week???? I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope
__________________

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #742
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2TwoMickeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SJ...A 2.5hr Flight From Disney World
Posts: 962

55 days out and no magic bands yet
__________________
Me DH DS(5) DS(2) CoCo
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa



Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #743
kayemgi
DIS Veteran
 
kayemgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 533

Checked MDE again this morning (checking in 11/1, ASMu). Still nothing for us.
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #744
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 499

Well I'm still here waiting. Checked MDE a couple of times over the weekend and nothing.
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #745
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

A fellow DISer posted yesterday in reply to one of my posts and said that at one point the MB had to be customized by 10 days out to have them sent to your home, by 5 days out to be picked up at your resort and if both those deadlines pass you will get the grey at checkin

Did I check MDE this am uh No the way I see it since I check in on Nov 3rd I may not see any notice to customize until mid October. I guess I am losing interest being a bit disalusioned with the entire MB/FP+ process and rather than Continueing to stress out over my issues with the UT I give up worrying over something which is totally beyond my control.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #746
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
A fellow DISer posted yesterday in reply to one of my posts and said that at one point the MB had to be customized by 10 days out to have them sent to your home, by 5 days out to be picked up at your resort and if both those deadlines pass you will get the grey at checkin

Did I check MDE this am uh No the way I see it since I check in on Nov 3rd I may not see any notice to customize until mid October. I guess I am losing interest being a bit disalusioned with the entire MB/FP+ process and rather than Continueing to stress out over my issues with the UT I give up worrying over something which is totally beyond my control.
Right now the bands must be customized by 30 days out and ship at 29 days out for those that have that amount of time (or more) remaining before their check in. For those who get the opportunity to customize Magic Bands less than 30 days out you will have 24 hours to customize and they will ship the next day. Definitely keep checking your reservation and these boards so you will see when the link goes live for you.

This program is still in its testing/roll out phase. Being disillusioned with it is, IMO, a bit premature. Nothing is set in stone right now and kinks are being worked out. I think your idea to give up worrying is a good one. Worrying is just wasted energy and, as you said, this is beyond your control. I understand that you want your trip to go well, but I find that relaxing a bit and going with the flow always makes my trip better.

I know you say you are losing interest, but I have no doubt that once that link goes live for you you will be right back in it.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #747
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Right now the bands must be customized by 30 days out and ship at 29 days out for those that have that amount of time (or more) remaining before their check in. For those who get the opportunity to customize Magic Bands less than 30 days out you will have 24 hours to customize and they will ship the next day. Definitely keep checking your reservation and these boards so you will see when the link goes live for you.

This program is still in its testing/roll out phase. Being disillusioned with it is, IMO, a bit premature. Nothing is set in stone right now and kinks are being worked out. I think your idea to give up worrying is a good one. Worrying is just wasted energy and, as you said, this is beyond your control. I understand that you want your trip to go well, but I find that relaxing a bit and going with the flow always makes my trip better.

I know you say you are losing interest, but I have no doubt that once that link goes live for you you will be right back in it.
If the link to customize MB shows up will I do it Of Course but I quite seriously have my doubts that is ALL resorts go live by Nov 1 that I will see the availability pop up by Oct 3rd with all the issues Disney is currently dealing with, I could of course be wrong.

I also wonder about the shipping as of now MB are being shipped Fedx but once it is 30 days for all resorts I would think they may be shipped by a less expensive method or perhaps everyone will get them at check in?

I always had total faith in Disney but after my recent experience with the UT tickets not linking properly Some of the magic just is not there for me anymore.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #748
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 659

Just double checking.....

My inlaws are traveling with us. If I link their reservation and tickets to my MDE account (right now they are on my "friends" list) will I be able to control everything for them? They don't do "the online thing" and I had all the info here today to put in the system, but wanted to make sure this is even possible. My hope is to be able to customize their bands and get FP+ for all of us if/when it goes live.

(Sorry, over 2 years since our last trip and so much new info, I can't keep up!)

TIA!
__________________
Me DH DD 16 DD 12
Summer 1992 - Offsite - "We're Engaged" trip ~ 2/2001 - Offsite - DD's first trip (planned in 24 hrs!) ~ 2/2005 - POP - other DD's first trip
2/2007 - POP - Grand Gathering ~ 4/2008 - POR - "Can't wait 'til Nov" trip ~ 11/2008 - ASMu - Thanksgiving Grand Gathering
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #749
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
If the link to customize MB shows up will I do it Of Course but I quite seriously have my doubts that is ALL resorts go live by Nov 1 that I will see the availability pop up by Oct 3rd with all the issues Disney is currently dealing with, I could of course be wrong.

If you look at the reports from guests who have actually used or are currently using the bands, you will see that they are mostly glowing. Reading these boards gives one a false sense of reality. All of the issues are being picked apart and over analyzed here which is skewing perceptions. I do understand that there have been problems (I have had a couple myself) but I feel that the IT department is doing their best to fix them. Again, this is a testing phase and preliminary roll out. All of these issues are normal for such a big project.


I also wonder about the shipping as of now MB are being shipped Fedx but once it is 30 days for all resorts I would think they may be shipped by a less expensive method or perhaps everyone will get them at check in?

They are being shipped UPS, not FedEx. Eventually the plan is to ship them via the USPS.

I always had total faith in Disney but after my recent experience with the UT tickets not linking properly Some of the magic just is not there for me anymore.

I understand your frustration, but please try to relax and just go with the flow. I know that can be hard to do when you want to plan the perfect vacation, but your stress is only affecting you. My strategy in times like this is to accept a worst-case scenario. It somehow frees me from becoming overly stressed about things I can't control. Once I accept that things might not be "perfect" I always have a much better time.
I hope you have the trip you dream of.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #750
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4luv2cdisney View Post
My inlaws are traveling with us. If I link their reservation and tickets to my MDE account (right now they are on my "friends" list) will I be able to control everything for them? They don't do "the online thing" and I had all the info here today to put in the system, but wanted to make sure this is even possible. My hope is to be able to customize their bands and get FP+ for all of us if/when it goes live.

(Sorry, over 2 years since our last trip and so much new info, I can't keep up!)

TIA!
Unless they will be traveling to WDW in the future without you, you can keep them on your list and you don't have to link. Just edit their profiles to "This person often travels with me" and they will move up to your family. You will then be able to see their park tickets on your My Reservations page.

If they do travel to WDW without you they will want their own account. Once they set up you can link to them. Just click on the envelope icon next to the account holder's name that says Invite. Follow the prompts to link the accounts. They will then need to accept the invation. After that you go to Add A Guest and click on Select from Mutual Friends. Use the drop down menu to select the person you linked to. Their friends/family will then load and you can add each person.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: