Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #2431
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Hi all, I need to be removed from the Lodger's Log. I cancelled our February trip because I accepted a new job and I won't have as much vacation time in my first year as I had in my old one. I will be making more money though so I can save up quickly for a trip in 2015 instead!

I'll keep checking back here from time to time though because my family won't stay anywhere else than Wilderness Lodge now.
Congratulations, but UGH, I know it's a bittersweet promotion for you. We hope you will stick around here. We love planning others' trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Happy news today, we are going to start our vacation at the Wilderness Lodge! This is our first visit to the OFC. Looking forward to a great stay!
Well, this is out of nowhere...yippee! Did you just switch from AKL? Excellent choice...I know you're going to love the OFC, too. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm very excited for you and DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
You can also see deer in the parking lot of the Lodge, we nicknamed them Parking Lot Deer.

JD

I wonder if PLD have met up with Parking Lot Armadillo? (But, no PDA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
Checked in this afternoon. Have a woods view on north side and can see the top spires of the castle. Took an hour walking the stairs around the lobby floors and taking pics. Definitely love the refurb rooms from my last stay in 2008.
Isn't it great? Enjoy your vacation and low crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
Oh I am excited about your new job and salary but heartbroken it means a delayed WDW trip. I am going through changes with employment just a month before our trip but I will be working for myself so I gave myself the week off I am sure the time will fly by and your 2015 trip will be amazing.
I hope your transition to self-employment goes well and now you might have more time for DISing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We checked out this morning, but we had a wonderful stay. Breakfast was at WCC and was superb, we have a new last day tradition.

While sitting at the airport in Austin, we were talking about what to have for dinner when we get home, and we were planning on In-n-out burger because that's what everybody does when returning home to CA when we realized that Disneyland is on the way home from the airport. We will have a double Lodge day by having dinner at the Grand Californian.

We have a lot of pictures to go through and post. We will upgrade our Photobucket account to handle the bandwidth, but it will be worth it. We love sharing Lodge pics.
I love this tradition! Two Lodges in one day... neat-o! Allie is such a trooper that she can withstand a very full day of adventure and 3-hour time difference. Did she sleep on the plane some? Looking forward to some GC dinner photos. Did you make an ADR at the airport?

Happy Birthday, Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri33inne View Post
We check in Friday... I can't wait!! I have to work a full week so I did all the packing/shopping/cleaning I could this weekend, so I really feel ready to go!
You are ready to go have some fun! Happy check-in Friday and say HOWDY to all of us back here if you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylatte View Post
WL in 7 days. First time at the lodge and very very excited. After reading and seeing all the good things about this resort, I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa.
You'll be so in awe when you walk in the lobby. You'll never get tired of seeing it. Happy travels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme37 View Post
We will be here in 3 weeks. First time at WL.

My mom is going with us for her first WDW visit and she needs to rent a scooter. Do we have to keep it in our room or can we check it in with the front desk nightly?
Welcome and though I've never done it, you'll have to keep your scooter in your room.

Quote:
Well we have arrived at the part of the trip I hate most, our last night. We did our tradition of spending our last day at Magic Kingdom and watched Wishes and we both got very teary eyed. We said good bye to MK and walked around the Lodge one last time and took it all in. In the early hours of the morning we will say good bye to the Lodge. We of course will be back but the next time won't be as soon as this trip.

We had fun at all the parks, went to both water parks, I drove a Lamborghini really fast , we went for a boat ride on the lake, we ate at places we haven't been before, and relaxed at the Lodge. Couldn't ask for anything more for our 20th anniversary trip.

We met Paul, Melissa, and Allie and had a great time time having dinner with them. They are very nice people and Allie is such a cutie. Thanks guys for the note you left us and very nice artwork Allie. Also have a Happy Birthday Allie!

To all that are here, have fun. To all that are counting down a trip, enjoy yourselves.

JD and LuvGoldens

PS - my apologies as I won't be posting any last pics. I got an email from Photobucket stating I have used too much bandwidth. So if my pics disappear I apologize and will fix it when get back home and settled.
Darn Photobucket again. I think they want you to upgrade to PRO. If you do, it's a bit cheaper to do multiple years at a time.

I know this is a hard day, but no matter when the next trip, it's never too soon to start planning and besides, LuvGoldens needs another D&B soon. You had a great vacation and we appreciate you and Paul taking us right along with you. My favorite part was when I got to ride around in the Lambo

MANY happy WDW returns to you and GrandCalifornian.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #2432
lffam
Mouseketeer

I have one of those day calendars on my DL, a Star Trek one, that you peel off each day. Today I wrote a count down on each of the coming days so I have my own daily countdown when I get to work which gives me a great start to the day! 39 days today!!!

Wilderness Lodge Pictures of this fantastic Disney Resort

Trip Report - very late but In progress

LF Fam - just initials of the Family!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #2433
trailgirl r
Are we there yet?

Is anyone else feeling sad this morning because GrandCalifornian, R2-JD, and LuvGoldens are no longer at WL? I'm missing the WL good morning pictures.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #2434
trailgirl r
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

While sitting at the airport in Austin, we were talking about what to have for dinner when we get home, and we were planning on In-n-out burger because that's what everybody does when returning home to CA when we realized that Disneyland is on the way home from the airport. We will have a double Lodge day by having dinner at the Grand Californian.

We have a lot of pictures to go through and post. We will upgrade our Photobucket account to handle the bandwidth, but it will be worth it. We love sharing Lodge pics.
We just moved from Austin . Were you able to make it to Grand Californian for dinner?

Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #2435
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
From the boat that we rented to go for a ride on Bay Lake today

And the last ones are from our walk over to Fort Wilderness Campground to go to our dinner at Trail's End(YUM). The walk over there is beautiful and recommended.

Good night all.

JD
That Picture of MK from the water... Looks like the Castle is closer than it really is... never seen a picture like that before... cool

Old 09-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #2436
MistressGracey
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! I just changed our February reservation to Wilderness Lodge so excited! Just love this resort...Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on here on this thread though...
Ft Wilderness Campground June 1992, Comfort Inn LBV August 1993, Howard Johnson DTD July 1994, Comfort Inn LBV June 1995, Caribe Royal LBV April 1996, Holiday Inn LBV April 1997, Holiday Inn LBV April 1998, Holiday Inn LBV March 1999, Hilton DTD March 2001, Orlando Vista LBV April 2008, Best Western DTD April 2009, Wilderness Lodge January 2010, AKL/Polynesian CL September 2010, Best Western DTD February 2011, POP/POFQ August 2011, Coronado Springs April 2012, Yacht Club/AOA September 2012, ASMu December 2012, ASMo/CBR May 2013, ASSp/PORiverside September 2013, Holiday Inn Universal December 2013, ASSp February 2014, Anaheim Del Sol June 2014, ASSp January 2015, Anaheim Desert Inn May 2015

Coming Soon: WDW Half Marathon January 2015 & Tinkerbell Half Marathon May 2015

Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #2437
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Only 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very excited and cannot wait to try the OFC for the first time. I have a feeling Jim is going to now have a favorite.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #2438
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgirl r View Post
Is anyone else feeling sad this morning because GrandCalifornian, R2-JD, and LuvGoldens are no longer at WL? I'm missing the WL good morning pictures.
Aww, that's nice. We are a little sad too, but there are plenty more pictures to share. I will start with some from late Saturday night:

And there's more to come.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #2439
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:

We just moved from Austin . Were you able to make it to Grand Californian for dinner?
We did make it to the GrandCalifornian for dinner. We just grabbed nachos from their QS restaurant, but it was a fun way to round out the day.

GC and WL are as similar as any two Disney resorts I can think of, but they have their unique features. GC doesn't have the beautiful location on Bay Lake, but you can walk right in to the CA Adventure Park.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #2440
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Well we have arrived at the part of the trip I hate most, our last night. We did our tradition of spending our last day at Magic Kingdom and watched Wishes and we both got very teary eyed. We said good bye to MK and walked around the Lodge one last time and took it all in. In the early hours of the morning we will say good bye to the Lodge. We of course will be back but the next time won't be as soon as this trip.

We had fun at all the parks, went to both water parks, I drove a Lamborghini really fast , we went for a boat ride on the lake, we ate at places we haven't been before, and relaxed at the Lodge. Couldn't ask for anything more for our 20th anniversary trip.

We met Paul, Melissa, and Allie and had a great time time having dinner with them. They are very nice people and Allie is such a cutie. Thanks guys for the note you left us and very nice artwork Allie. Also have a Happy Birthday Allie!

To all that are here, have fun. To all that are counting down a trip, enjoy yourselves.

JD and LuvGoldens

PS - my apologies as I won't be posting any last pics. I got an email from Photobucket stating I have used too much bandwidth. So if my pics disappear I apologize and will fix it when get back home and settled.
Great summary! We are glad you had such a fun trip and we really enjoyed being a part of it. It was great to meet and we all had fun. Thanks to you guys we got to take a car to Downtown Disney and share a nice dinner with DIS board friends. I also definitely have the exotic driving experience on my wish list.

We aren't sure when we'll be back either, but we did book a bounce back for free dining in Sept 2014 just in case we can do it.

Thanks for sharing all the pics too. We did our photobucket upgrade, so we have an easy place to share our pics as we go through them. We are looking forward to more of yours too.

Last edited by GrandCalifornian; 09-16-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #2441
frazeemama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
Checked in this afternoon. Have a woods view on north side and can see the top spires of the castle. Took an hour walking the stairs around the lobby floors and taking pics. Definitely love the refurb rooms from my last stay in 2008.
What floor did you end up getting a room on? We are going in March and have booked a Woods View room and would love to get to see the top of the castle and maybe the fireworks!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #2442
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree, it was like a preview of our upcoming vacation. Who's next to check into WL?!

Old 09-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #2443
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
I agree, it was like a preview of our upcoming vacation. Who's next to check into WL?!
I'm sure I'm not next, but I'm checking in soon!

Many thanks to those who have been posting great photos, they are so appreciated!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #2444
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Anyone checking out from WL 10/6 to go on the Dream.. want to share a limo?

Disneyland/California Adventure April, 2011; April 2010; May 2009

Other cruise lines:
Carnival Breeze - December 2, 2012
Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010
Jewel of the Seas - December, 2005
Sensation - September, 2005
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #2445
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMGosh, yes! That was my first thought!

Thanks, guys for taking us along on your trip! . Our July trip doesn't seem so long ago now and it was so nice to enjoy the updates and beautiful pics in the morning and evening! Here's hoping the withdrawal for all of you is a little easier than ours was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressGracey View Post
Hello everyone! I just changed our February reservation to Wilderness Lodge so excited! Just love this resort...Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on here on this thread though...
Happy reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Only 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very excited and cannot wait to try the OFC for the first time. I have a feeling Jim is going to now have a favorite.
Be sure to watch Jim by that cobbler! Many a DH have been known to claim it has there own!!!!.....
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: