Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #721
numberonenole
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 305

I think I have read so much about all this that the information is starting to get scrambled in my head! Please help me make sure I have this right:

Room only reservations at Pop in November.
Have linked our AP to MDE.
MDE shows all family members and their AP tickets, along with our room reservation.

If testing is continued, will we be able to get magic bands and FP+?
I've gotten myself confused on whether the invitation to test is based on the room reservation alone or the room reservation with a MYW ticket.

Thanks in advance!
numberonenole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #722
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberonenole View Post
I think I have read so much about all this that the information is starting to get scrambled in my head! Please help me make sure I have this right:

Room only reservations at Pop in November.
Have linked our AP to MDE.
MDE shows all family members and their AP tickets, along with our room reservation.

If testing is continued, will we be able to get magic bands and FP+?
I've gotten myself confused on whether the invitation to test is based on the room reservation alone or the room reservation with a MYW ticket.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you will be able to get both bands and FP+ barring any unexpected changes. All of the resorts will be live as of 10/25 so I think we are moving beyond the testing phase.

The invitation to test is just a formality. If you are staying at a resort that is participating you will be able to get MBs and use FP+. A room reservation is enough for a MB. To use the FP+ system, however, you need a valid park ticket linked to your MDE profile.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #723
yeheyprincex2
Mouseketeer
 
yeheyprincex2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 292

Just got off the phone with a CM and was told we are not chosen to test magic bands staying at POR Nov13-20. I got excited when i logged in and the FP+ day and pick showed up then disappeared. CM said it only popped up to show what the feature will look like. said we have to get an official invite. I'm a little bummed but I guess we will just us the original FP plan.
__________________
June 2002 first WDW trip off site,July 2004 off site,
March 2008 off site,December 2009 AKL,
December 2011 AKL, March 2012 DLR, December 2013 PORS
, DLRSeptember2014
me DS DS DH
yeheyprincex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #724
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeheyprincex2 View Post
Just got off the phone with a CM and was told we are not chosen to test magic bands staying at POR Nov13-20. I got excited when i logged in and the FP+ day and pick showed up then disappeared. CM said it only popped up to show what the feature will look like. said we have to get an official invite. I'm a little bummed but I guess we will just us the original FP plan.
That is only because November check ins have not been added to the system yet. With all of the resorts being added to the system as of 10/25, plus many IT techs telling posters that the full roll out is near, I highly doubt they will halt things for November.

You do not need an official invite. You simply need to be staying at a resort that is using Magic Bands. There is a lot of misinformation out there, especially from Reservations cast members. To be fair, this is a huge change in the way things work and not everyone is up to speed yet.

Keep checking these boards. Once November check-ins are added to the system the news should show up here within minutes. (Yup...we're all obsessed. ) At that point you will be able to customize your bands and make your FP+ selections.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #725
yeheyprincex2
Mouseketeer
 
yeheyprincex2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 292

Mousemomsx2, you have reignited my hope. Going to keep checking and being hopeful it comes thru for us.
__________________
June 2002 first WDW trip off site,July 2004 off site,
March 2008 off site,December 2009 AKL,
December 2011 AKL, March 2012 DLR, December 2013 PORS
, DLRSeptember2014
me DS DS DH
yeheyprincex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #726
Mom2Ben02
Our little souvenir from WDW was baby #2! :-)
 
Mom2Ben02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland!
Posts: 839

Is there any hope that someone staying offsite in November will have access to FP+?
__________________
Ben Ellie & Sam's Mommy
Mom2Ben02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #727
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeheyprincex2 View Post
Mousemomsx2, you have reignited my hope. Going to keep checking and being hopeful it comes thru for us.
Excellent! Definitely keep checking. I think you will get your MBs and FP+s after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post
Is there any hope that someone staying offsite in November will have access to FP+?
Castmembers are currently being recruited to test the off-site guest FP+ system. The best anyone can do is tell you it may be available. Until the testing starts and there is more information there is no way to tell.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #728
Lorien728
Mouseketeer
 
Lorien728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 162

VGF from 10/30 to 11/1 and then Boardwalk Villas 11/1 to 11/4 and we just got the invite and bands are ordered.
__________________
Me- DH (MrD1sturbed)




Lorien728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #729
bikerjenn
Earning My Ears
 
bikerjenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 44

I used dreams unlimited how do I link tickets? I don't have an actual ticket to scan or should I and just don't know it?!
bikerjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #730
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4luv2cdisney View Post
I messaged Disney several days ago because there is no ticket showing up (purchased as part of our package) for one of my daughters on MDE. The other 3 tickets are there and my reservation looks accurate (has all 4 of us). I have gotten no reply.

1) Anyone else with this type of ticket problem?

2) Should I call or wait?

I am concerned that the FP+ thing will become available and I won't be able to get any passes for DD.....
Quoting myself to update.

Just called IT and it took them about 1 minute to fix. Yay!
__________________
Me DH DD 16 DD 12
Summer 1992 - Offsite - "We're Engaged" trip ~ 2/2001 - Offsite - DD's first trip (planned in 24 hrs!) ~ 2/2005 - POP - other DD's first trip
2/2007 - POP - Grand Gathering ~ 4/2008 - POR - "Can't wait 'til Nov" trip ~ 11/2008 - ASMu - Thanksgiving Grand Gathering
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #731
Vickmeys
Yikes!!
 
Vickmeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Happytown, USA
Posts: 268

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenndot View Post
4luv2cdisney - I've been kind of concerned about that myself. I have 4 adult multi day tickets as a part of my package but the main Reservations screen only shows my ticket. I'm not sure whether or not to be concerned or to call and have them fix it so that all 4 of our tickets will show up or if that is how it is supposed to be?

When I go into my reservations, on the right hand side even when it is on the tab "My Family" - it only shows my tickets. When I drop down on the menu to select one of the other 3 members of my parties names, it does show their ticket with their name on their page.... but only shows my personal ticket when I'm on "My Family"

It's a surprise trip so they have no idea we are going and I manage/control all 3 of their accounts - - but I just want to make sure that if FP+ pops open here soon (fingers crossed) that I will be able to make FP+ ressies for everyone.
I feel your pain! I am arriving Nov. 14th, I have two 9-day PH tickets purchased as a package from Disney World. The online MDE (WDW site) shows me having 2 tickets: one 9-day PH, the other with 8-day PH (both in my name). My husband has no tickets. I called WDW reservations (not the IT dept) weeks ago about this -- the CM said that is not what she is seeing on her computer -- she is seeing a 9-day PH for my husband and myself -- not to worry. On MDE phone app, we both show up as having no tickets! This is killing me!
__________________
2005, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 WDW



Vickmeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #732
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien728 View Post
VGF from 10/30 to 11/1 and then Boardwalk Villas 11/1 to 11/4 and we just got the invite and bands are ordered.
Did you have one set of bands to personalize or two. If there was only one you can expect another set once November check-ins are added to the system. If there were two sets then that would be the first November check-in that I've heard of so far that has been able to personalize bands.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #733
Vickmeys
Yikes!!
 
Vickmeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Happytown, USA
Posts: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickmeys View Post
I feel your pain! I am arriving Nov. 14th, I have two 9-day PH tickets purchased as a package from Disney World. The online MDE (WDW site) shows me having 2 tickets: one 9-day PH, the other with 8-day PH (both in my name). My husband has no tickets. I called WDW reservations (not the IT dept) weeks ago about this -- the CM said that is not what she is seeing on her computer -- she is seeing a 9-day PH for my husband and myself -- not to worry. On MDE phone app, we both show up as having no tickets! This is killing me!
Thanks for updating 4luv2cdisney! I also called Disney IT (407-939-7765), and spoke to a wonderful CM. My problem is solved -- both my husband and myself have 9-day PH tickets!!!! The CM also said Ft. Wilderness (we are staying in the cabins) is anticipated to have FP+ for our stay.
__________________
2005, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 WDW



Vickmeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #734
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickmeys View Post
Thanks for updating 4luv2cdisney! I also called Disney IT (407-939-7765), and spoke to a wonderful CM. My problem is solved -- both my husband and myself have 9-day PH tickets!!!! The CM also said Ft. Wilderness (we are staying in the cabins) is anticipated to have FP+ for our stay.
Glad they were able to fix yours, too!

Now I'm going to tackle adding my inlaws reservations and tickets and managing their stuff from my account. My FIL has the same name as my DH. I wonder what kind of disaster this will be!!
__________________
Me DH DD 16 DD 12
Summer 1992 - Offsite - "We're Engaged" trip ~ 2/2001 - Offsite - DD's first trip (planned in 24 hrs!) ~ 2/2005 - POP - other DD's first trip
2/2007 - POP - Grand Gathering ~ 4/2008 - POR - "Can't wait 'til Nov" trip ~ 11/2008 - ASMu - Thanksgiving Grand Gathering
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #735
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,738

I checked in online today for our Nov 14th arrival. No mb yet as expected, but we are seriously considering opting out now anyway. If it was just my immediate family we would get them, but it is way too hard to coordinate with a large group. Plus we have some staying off site and some DVC. I really don't think it will be worth the effort.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: