Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #721
numberonenole
Mouseketeer

I think I have read so much about all this that the information is starting to get scrambled in my head! Please help me make sure I have this right:

Room only reservations at Pop in November.
Have linked our AP to MDE.
MDE shows all family members and their AP tickets, along with our room reservation.

If testing is continued, will we be able to get magic bands and FP+?
I've gotten myself confused on whether the invitation to test is based on the room reservation alone or the room reservation with a MYW ticket.

Thanks in advance!
numberonenole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #722
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberonenole View Post
I think I have read so much about all this that the information is starting to get scrambled in my head! Please help me make sure I have this right:

Room only reservations at Pop in November.
Have linked our AP to MDE.
MDE shows all family members and their AP tickets, along with our room reservation.

If testing is continued, will we be able to get magic bands and FP+?
I've gotten myself confused on whether the invitation to test is based on the room reservation alone or the room reservation with a MYW ticket.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you will be able to get both bands and FP+ barring any unexpected changes. All of the resorts will be live as of 10/25 so I think we are moving beyond the testing phase.

The invitation to test is just a formality. If you are staying at a resort that is participating you will be able to get MBs and use FP+. A room reservation is enough for a MB. To use the FP+ system, however, you need a valid park ticket linked to your MDE profile.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #723
yeheyprincex2
Mouseketeer

Just got off the phone with a CM and was told we are not chosen to test magic bands staying at POR Nov13-20. I got excited when i logged in and the FP+ day and pick showed up then disappeared. CM said it only popped up to show what the feature will look like. said we have to get an official invite. I'm a little bummed but I guess we will just us the original FP plan.
, DLRSeptember2014
me DS DS DH
yeheyprincex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #724
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeheyprincex2 View Post
Just got off the phone with a CM and was told we are not chosen to test magic bands staying at POR Nov13-20. I got excited when i logged in and the FP+ day and pick showed up then disappeared. CM said it only popped up to show what the feature will look like. said we have to get an official invite. I'm a little bummed but I guess we will just us the original FP plan.
That is only because November check ins have not been added to the system yet. With all of the resorts being added to the system as of 10/25, plus many IT techs telling posters that the full roll out is near, I highly doubt they will halt things for November.

You do not need an official invite. You simply need to be staying at a resort that is using Magic Bands. There is a lot of misinformation out there, especially from Reservations cast members. To be fair, this is a huge change in the way things work and not everyone is up to speed yet.

Keep checking these boards. Once November check-ins are added to the system the news should show up here within minutes. (Yup...we're all obsessed. ) At that point you will be able to customize your bands and make your FP+ selections.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #725
yeheyprincex2
Mouseketeer

Mousemomsx2, you have reignited my hope. Going to keep checking and being hopeful it comes thru for us.
, DLRSeptember2014
me DS DS DH
yeheyprincex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #726
Mom2Ben02
Our little souvenir from WDW was baby #2! :-)

Is there any hope that someone staying offsite in November will have access to FP+?
Old 09-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #727
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeheyprincex2 View Post
Mousemomsx2, you have reignited my hope. Going to keep checking and being hopeful it comes thru for us.
Excellent! Definitely keep checking. I think you will get your MBs and FP+s after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post
Is there any hope that someone staying offsite in November will have access to FP+?
Castmembers are currently being recruited to test the off-site guest FP+ system. The best anyone can do is tell you it may be available. Until the testing starts and there is more information there is no way to tell.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #728
Lorien728
Mouseketeer

VGF from 10/30 to 11/1 and then Boardwalk Villas 11/1 to 11/4 and we just got the invite and bands are ordered.

Lorien728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #729
bikerjenn
Earning My Ears

I used dreams unlimited how do I link tickets? I don't have an actual ticket to scan or should I and just don't know it?!
bikerjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #730
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4luv2cdisney View Post
I messaged Disney several days ago because there is no ticket showing up (purchased as part of our package) for one of my daughters on MDE. The other 3 tickets are there and my reservation looks accurate (has all 4 of us). I have gotten no reply.

1) Anyone else with this type of ticket problem?

2) Should I call or wait?

I am concerned that the FP+ thing will become available and I won't be able to get any passes for DD.....
Quoting myself to update.

Just called IT and it took them about 1 minute to fix. Yay!
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #731
Vickmeys
Yikes!!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenndot View Post
4luv2cdisney - I've been kind of concerned about that myself. I have 4 adult multi day tickets as a part of my package but the main Reservations screen only shows my ticket. I'm not sure whether or not to be concerned or to call and have them fix it so that all 4 of our tickets will show up or if that is how it is supposed to be?

When I go into my reservations, on the right hand side even when it is on the tab "My Family" - it only shows my tickets. When I drop down on the menu to select one of the other 3 members of my parties names, it does show their ticket with their name on their page.... but only shows my personal ticket when I'm on "My Family"

It's a surprise trip so they have no idea we are going and I manage/control all 3 of their accounts - - but I just want to make sure that if FP+ pops open here soon (fingers crossed) that I will be able to make FP+ ressies for everyone.
I feel your pain! I am arriving Nov. 14th, I have two 9-day PH tickets purchased as a package from Disney World. The online MDE (WDW site) shows me having 2 tickets: one 9-day PH, the other with 8-day PH (both in my name). My husband has no tickets. I called WDW reservations (not the IT dept) weeks ago about this -- the CM said that is not what she is seeing on her computer -- she is seeing a 9-day PH for my husband and myself -- not to worry. On MDE phone app, we both show up as having no tickets! This is killing me!

Vickmeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #732
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien728 View Post
VGF from 10/30 to 11/1 and then Boardwalk Villas 11/1 to 11/4 and we just got the invite and bands are ordered.
Did you have one set of bands to personalize or two. If there was only one you can expect another set once November check-ins are added to the system. If there were two sets then that would be the first November check-in that I've heard of so far that has been able to personalize bands.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #733
Vickmeys
Yikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickmeys View Post
I feel your pain! I am arriving Nov. 14th, I have two 9-day PH tickets purchased as a package from Disney World. The online MDE (WDW site) shows me having 2 tickets: one 9-day PH, the other with 8-day PH (both in my name). My husband has no tickets. I called WDW reservations (not the IT dept) weeks ago about this -- the CM said that is not what she is seeing on her computer -- she is seeing a 9-day PH for my husband and myself -- not to worry. On MDE phone app, we both show up as having no tickets! This is killing me!
Thanks for updating 4luv2cdisney! I also called Disney IT (407-939-7765), and spoke to a wonderful CM. My problem is solved -- both my husband and myself have 9-day PH tickets!!!! The CM also said Ft. Wilderness (we are staying in the cabins) is anticipated to have FP+ for our stay.

Vickmeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #734
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickmeys View Post
Thanks for updating 4luv2cdisney! I also called Disney IT (407-939-7765), and spoke to a wonderful CM. My problem is solved -- both my husband and myself have 9-day PH tickets!!!! The CM also said Ft. Wilderness (we are staying in the cabins) is anticipated to have FP+ for our stay.
Glad they were able to fix yours, too!

Now I'm going to tackle adding my inlaws reservations and tickets and managing their stuff from my account. My FIL has the same name as my DH. I wonder what kind of disaster this will be!!
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #735
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I checked in online today for our Nov 14th arrival. No mb yet as expected, but we are seriously considering opting out now anyway. If it was just my immediate family we would get them, but it is way too hard to coordinate with a large group. Plus we have some staying off site and some DVC. I really don't think it will be worth the effort.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: