Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #571
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlit View Post
Hi, we are a family of 5 that would like to switch to early dining. If you are interested in switching, please let us know and I will see if our travel agent can do it. We are on the wait list but I am told it is long!

Thanks
We are on the wait list for early dining too......I think after paid in full date there is a chance to get moved to early dining with people canceling.

Upcoming Southern Caribbean 1/16.
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #572
asemaria
Mouseketeer

We did early dining on our first cruise and my DH insisted that we tried late on our Med cruise. I didn't like it at all. I am so happy that we got early this time :-)
I hope that you get it as well!
WDW 2012 POFQ
DCL Fantasy Western Carribean april 2012
asemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #573
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Champagne Girls is a superfun meet & greet! Ladies only, we all wear pink, pink, pink! Pink feather boas, pink tiaras, pink from head to toe - go for it!

I am posting this again as some of the ladies have changed.

Champagne Girls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For our Champagne Girls..we are doing the DCL sponsored event..
It is $30 per person and includes many drinks of champagne! We wear pink, have pink boas, tiaras, pink shirts, pink blouses, pink dresses, pink hair or anything pink. Great fun..lots of chatting, pictures of all and lots of fun.

DCL will charge your room based on the reservation number. For those that want to chat and not drink champagne, just let me know that you are coming for the picture only. DCL need 20 - 50 people max for this event.

If we don't get the number needed, what else can be done??
Off the top of my head, we can wear pink and meet at the Promenade lounge (or whatever they are calling it once the ship is reimagined), chat, have pink ladies fun and buy drinks from the bar or bring Champagne that each of us brought and get glasses from the bar.
We can still get a picture, and those ladies that don't want champagne can be included.
Other options?

On the EBTA 2013, we had Champagne Girls and Cabana boys..the men served the ladies champagne and had fun, pictures, chatting, lot of fun.It was held in Sessions. Then we went on the pub crawl, lots of fun and Emily ended up in the pool.

Please sign up on the Google group site that Stephanie has organized.
Our group website is here:
https://sites.google.com/site/disneycruise2014ebta

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #574
LinnyNad
Earning My Ears

I will post this also on the FB page, but how is the FE list going? I haven't checked it lately, but are there any plans to break it down, keep it whole?? I don't mind either way, but have been trying to think of FE gifts, I have no "crafty" gene in my body so this tends to get hard for me. Any help for the "craftless" girl............let me know
LinnyNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #575
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
Champagne Girls is a superfun meet & greet! Ladies only, we all wear pink, pink, pink! Pink feather boas, pink tiaras, pink from head to toe - go for it!

I am posting this again as some of the ladies have changed.

Champagne Girls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the EBTA 2013, we had Champagne Girls and Cabana boys..the men served the ladies champagne and had fun, pictures, chatting, lot of fun.It was held in Sessions. Then we went on the pub crawl, lots of fun and Emily ended up in the pool.

Please sign up on the Google group site that Stephanie has organized.
Our group website is here:
https://sites.google.com/site/disneycruise2014ebta
That was so funny can we request that all "girls" are made to either jump in the pool or walk the plank, I would pay good money for that, it was nice to see the ladies having fun though, strangley they didn't all make it to dinner and some of the bruises "ouch" poor Emily!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 AM   #576
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenKay View Post
That was so funny can we request that all "girls" are made to either jump in the pool or walk the plank, I would pay good money for that, it was nice to see the ladies having fun though, strangley they didn't all make it to dinner and some of the bruises "ouch" poor Emily!
We sailed the week after on the first med sailing and the champagne girls were infamous, we heard all about the pool incident

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #577
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
We sailed the week after on the first med sailing and the champagne girls were infamous, we heard all about the pool incident
So fun, very "innocent", you had to be there!!!
DVC member, Bay Lake Tower and Aulani; Disneyland Paris (Halloween, Christmas), Dream Oct'11 Bahamas ; Fantasy Jan '12 Western Caribbean; Member Cruise Dream Sept '12; Galveston-to-WDW Magic Jan'13; EBTA Magic May '13; Alaska Wonder Sept '13, Inaugural sailing on the NEW Magic Oct. '13, Bahamas Dream Dec '13. Magic Feb '14, Bahamas Dream B2B March '14, PLATINUM! EBTA Magic May '14, WBTA Magic Sept '14, Fantasy Feb. 2015, EBTA Magic '15 to Copenhagen, European Northern Capitals, June '15, and Panama Canal Halloween Cruise Oct.'15!
gramfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #578
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnyNad View Post
I will post this also on the FB page, but how is the FE list going? I haven't checked it lately, but are there any plans to break it down, keep it whole?? I don't mind either way, but have been trying to think of FE gifts, I have no "crafty" gene in my body so this tends to get hard for me. Any help for the "craftless" girl............let me know

I haven't got a clue what the plan is, I would be happy to have it split and give people the option of doing everyone if they want?? Can't remember who is organising the FE but sure they will have an idea of how they want it.

I was never craft until we did our FE and I really got into it, I am a bit bummed I won't be able to do the same stuff as last time due to the luggage allowance but am going to start working on something soon so it's not a rush

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #579
sasmmb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniboo69 View Post
Can someone please explain the scavenger hunt to me?
It's a way to explore the ship. I'm organizing the event and am planning on putting people into teams of 2-4 people and give them a list of things to find. Sometimes it will be a bring back an item (like maybe a napkin with the DCL logo), sometimes it will be write down the location of a item, sometimes it will be take a digital picture of an item. I do plan to have PRIZES for the 1st and 2nd place teams.

I think it may be fun to put people on to teams with other DIS board members as a way to get to know each other better. What do you guys think?
1974 - 1st trip - off site; Summer 76 - off site; Winter 76 - Golf Resort (now Shades of Green); 86, 88, 92 - off site; years blur together but AS Music, AS Sports, WL, DL, CBR, BW Villas, 1 night GF Concierge, Poly, YC, Swan, AS Sports, CBR (Dec 31, 1999), WL, AKL, CS, Poly, April 07 Swan, POFQ and Pop Century; Sept 07 FW Cabins; Oct 07 Dolphin ; Oct 08 off-site; Oct 09 BWV; Oct 10 SSR; Feb 11 GF; Nov 11 AKL/BWV; Jun 12 off-site; Nov 12 Pop Century; Nov 13 BWV; Feb 14 CBR and CS; May 14 OKW; Oct 14 Dolphin and BWV

DCL - Inaugural Alaska May 2011 (Wonder); West. Carrib. May 2012 (Fantasy); Eastbound Transatlantic May 2014 (Magic)

Married at the Disney Wedding Pavilion 1998
sasmmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #580
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Hi all. We are fresh of the last Med cruise and my son is aching to cruise again. He is actually getting a job himself to take him and me! He wants to be in the Vibe most of the time!
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #581
Amy Fran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmmb View Post
I think it may be fun to put people on to teams with other DIS board members as a way to get to know each other better. What do you guys think?
I love that idea! Our favorite part of cruising is the people we meet!

Amy Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #582
geffric
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmmb View Post
It's a way to explore the ship. I'm organizing the event and am planning on putting people into teams of 2-4 people and give them a list of things to find. Sometimes it will be a bring back an item (like maybe a napkin with the DCL logo), sometimes it will be write down the location of a item, sometimes it will be take a digital picture of an item. I do plan to have PRIZES for the 1st and 2nd place teams.

I did the scavenger hunt on the Panama cruise and it was great fun!

We had to take pictures at each stop with one or more of the team to prove we were there. Count me in!

Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #583
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Hi all. We are fresh of the last Med cruise and my son is aching to cruise again. He is actually getting a job himself to take him and me! He wants to be in the Vibe most of the time!
No wonder he wants to be in the Vibe the whole time, last week on the our Med cruise, he constantly had a harem following him around the decks, he is such a handsome young man, the girls were flocking round him

Glad to have you onboard

Welcome all new cruisers seems we have a few people who have dropped out too

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #584
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Hi guys!

We are officially *not* going on this cruise any more The dates just didn't work out and I'm sad to be losing the amazing 20% discount

It would have been nice to meet you all. It remains to be seen whether we will keep the WBTA 2014.

Have a lovely cruise, and eat lots of Mickey Bars and Cove Cafe chocolate eclairs for me
Same for us. We haven't actually cancelled this cruise, but it's highly unlikely we'll be on it. I hate to give up that 20% discount but it's just not in the cards for us this time.

Enjoy everyone!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #585
geffric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Same for us. We haven't actually cancelled this cruise, but it's highly unlikely we'll be on it. I hate to give up that 20% discount but it's just not in the cards for us this time.

Enjoy everyone!

sad that people have to drop but Life is..so hope to cruise with you on another cruise..

welcome to the new folks! I am leaving for a visit with my oldest son in Roanoke,Va, then on to WDW for MNSSHP and F&W, then cruising..

see ya in a few weeks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: