Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Split stay- help!?

Coming to WDW in Oct for 15 nights. We are doing a split stay in 3 Deluxe resorts. I'm starting to doubt all the $$ we are spending and thinking about staying offiste for 4 or 5 nights which would mean dropping one of the Deluxe resorts, but then saving a lot of $$..I'm SO torn!

It will be myself, DH, DS 6 & DS 3, and also my DH and boys 1st visit!

Here are my choices;

A) Arrive Sat, Oct 12th and stay 2 nights at BC then move over to AKV for 4 nights, then 4 or 5 nights at Marriott Harbour Lake (1 bedroom Villa) and then the Poly for 4 nights or WL for 5 nights.

B) Arrive Sat, Oct 12th and stay 2 nights Poly or WL, 4 nights AKV, 4 nights BC and then stay 5 nights offsite at Marriott Harbour Lake in a 1 bedroom Villa or Studio.

C) Arrive Sat, Oct 12th and stay 2 nights Poly or WL, 4 nights AKV, 5 nights Marriott Harbour Lake in a 1 bedroom Villa, and then 4 nights BC.

I know its a lot of moving around, but we are used to it! We camp most of the summer, and that's WAY more work then moving some luggage.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! I'm so torn cause this is our 1st visit on property, and I have NO idea what the resorts are like or the feel of staying on property.

Thanks!

I forgot to mention..I did try to get AKV for the 12th & 13th, so we would just stay there for the 1st 6 nights, but the Sunday night is only avilable and not both nights. I didn't want to stay somewhere for only 1 night, then move over to AKV. I figured we could experience another resort for 2 nights instead..

Last edited by flinkerfrosch; 09-14-2013 at 09:51 AM.
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

I don't know if it's possible, but I would try to stay at least 3 nights at each of the deluxes. 2 nights, in my opinion, just isn't enough time to enjoy the resort and take advantage of the proximity to the parks.

If you can rearrange your dates, I would do 3 nights BC, 3 nights AKV, 4 nights Poly and 5 at Marriott (in whatever order you need to do it in order to get availability). With the age of your children, I would definitely do the most nights at Poly to be close to MK.

Or, if you have to do 2 nights somewhere, i would do it at AKV. AKV is beautiful, but pretty remote from all of the parks except AK. If you plan on doing EP and DHS, it would just be easier to be at BC more than 2 nights.

If I have to pick one of the options you listed, I would pick A) and spend the 4 nights at Poly.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
I don't know if it's possible, but I would try to stay at least 3 nights at each of the deluxes. 2 nights, in my opinion, just isn't enough time to enjoy the resort and take advantage of the proximity to the parks.

If you can rearrange your dates, I would do 3 nights BC, 3 nights AKV, 4 nights Poly and 5 at Marriott (in whatever order you need to do it in order to get availability). With the age of your children, I would definitely do the most nights at Poly to be close to MK.

Or, if you have to do 2 nights somewhere, i would do it at AKV. AKV is beautiful, but pretty remote from all of the parks except AK. If you plan on doing EP and DHS, it would just be easier to be at BC more than 2 nights.

If I have to pick one of the options you listed, I would pick A) and spend the 4 nights at Poly.

Thank-you for your input!

The reason I have 2 nights and not more at the beginning of our trip is because we rented DVC points, so we check into AKV on Monday, Oct 15th-Fri, Oct 18th. I've already paid for AKV, so the 2 nights are what I have to work with at the beginning.
I've thought of staying off site the 1st 2 nights cause I can save hundreds of dollars, but I'm so torn!
I've tried to get 2 nights at the beginning at AKV so we can do 6 nights straight, but nothing is available other then a 2 bedroom which is super expensive paying cash, not renting.
Also, I've had friends that say WL is amazing as well, and some like it even better then the Poly, so I'm having a difficult time picking between the 2.
Who would have thought this would be so difficult! I've changed my mind soooo many times, that I am even driving myself crazy!!! LOL
Old 09-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I would not do first 2 nights at BC. The great thing about BC is walking to Epcot but it will be super crowded on Sat/Sun for food & wine so I would pick BC for nights other than Sat/Sun.

And the split day inconvenience isn't in the moving-it's in being without a room all day. With kids that young that removes your option for afternoon room breaks.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
I would not do first 2 nights at BC. The great thing about BC is walking to Epcot but it will be super crowded on Sat/Sun for food & wine so I would pick BC for nights other than Sat/Sun.

And the split day inconvenience isn't in the moving-it's in being without a room all day. With kids that young that removes your option for afternoon room breaks.
Great points! The good thing is..the Sat and Sun we just plan on hanging around the resort and enjoying the amenities. I have no park days planned until the Monday after we check into AKV.
You're right thought about having no room on the days we check in/out until appx 3pm, but I'm honestly not too worried. We have a car and my kids are go go go, and afternoon naps/breaks would be around the pool and not so much in the room.
The biggest issue I'm having at this point is what resort to stay 2 nights and what resort to stay the other 4 or 5 nights (BC, WL or Poly). I'm honestly only thinking BC because of the pool. My 6 year old saw the slide and has had his heart set on it since then, and I hate to let him down.
My husband says I'm crazy to want to spend that kind of $$ for a pool, but the kids always wrap me around their little finger!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: