Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

Christmas Decorations in the Hotels...

Our last day in Disney is Nov 2nd. What are the odds we will see some nice Christmas decorations at the hotels? I know the gingerbread house is probably up at the GF right now, getting its final touches on, but by the 2nd of November, will they be selling treats out of it? What about the other Deluxes? Like I said, its our last day, and I'd love to do a monorail loop before we leave!!

TIA!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post
Our last day in Disney is Nov 2nd. What are the odds we will see some nice Christmas decorations at the hotels? I know the gingerbread house is probably up at the GF right now, getting its final touches on, but by the 2nd of November, will they be selling treats out of it? What about the other Deluxes? Like I said, its our last day, and I'd love to do a monorail loop before we leave!!

TIA!
Unfortunately, none of the resorts will be decorated by Nov 2. The GF gingerbread house is assembled during November. It is not up yet. It takes the most time to build and as far as I know, they don't start selling gingerbread until after it's complete. The official start of the holiday season is right after Thanksgiving so the resorts are decorated during November, not before.

As it is, the last Halloween party is the night before you leave so even the MK won't be decorated yet.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
Unfortunately, none of the resorts will be decorated by Nov 2. The GF gingerbread house is assembled during November. It is not up yet. It takes the most time to build and as far as I know, they don't start selling gingerbread until after it's complete. The official start of the holiday season is right after Thanksgiving so the resorts are decorated during November, not before.

As it is, the last Halloween party is the night before you leave so even the MK won't be decorated yet.
Thanks. I knew we had no shot for decorations at MK, but I had my fingers crossed for the deluxes. We will be going to Chef Mickeys on the 2nd, so maybe if we are super lucky, something will be up.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

A couple of years ago, we were at Wilderness Lodge the week before Thanksgiving. They started putting up decorations Thursday night and Friday daytime during that week before Thanksgiving.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Nov 2 would be very early for Christmas decorations. I don't think you'll find any.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

Decorations seem to appear like magic the day after Thanksgiving. They start putting them up Thanksgiving night and work throughout the weekend to get them all up. I have never seen decorating done before Thanksgiving, with the exception of the gingerbread house being constructed.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

If the first MVMCP is the night of Nov. 8, does that mean that the decorating of MK will occur during the night of Nov. 7?

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
Princess 'n LA
Mouseketeer

I've been to Disney 5 times beginning the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. All decorations are up well before then--park decor, gingerbread house at GF, carousel at Y&BC, tree at WL. The only thing that doesn't occur until after thanksgiving are the storytellers in Epcot and the Candlelight Processional.
March 1999--Port Orleans (formerly Dixie Landings)
December 2007--Coronado Springs--20th anniversary trip
November 2009--POP (Free dining)
July 2010--POP (Bonus trip--2 in one year--my husband LOVES me!)
May 2011--Disneyland Resort (grand prize as Disney Planet Challenge winners--Go ZES Wetland Warriors)
November 2011--POFQ (I Disney at Christmas)
Princess 'n LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
If the first MVMCP is the night of Nov. 8, does that mean that the decorating of MK will occur during the night of Nov. 7?
Yep. They do magic when decorating the parks and resorts. It appears overnight.

We stayed at VWL one year for the marathon. We went to sleep late Sunday night (the day of the marathon) to full Christmas decorations in the lodge and villas. We were up and out around 8AM Monday morning with no trace of any decorations.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
I'm pretty sure they start putting it up as soon as the last Halloween party is over.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I'm pretty sure they start putting it up as soon as the last Halloween party is over.
That was what I was hoping for! We are leaving on Nov. 8, so to see the Christmas decorations in MK before we leave would be a treat!

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: