Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #1186
ABCastillo
Mouseketeer
 
ABCastillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 206

I was so excited when I saw this thread! I'm still reading through the older posts, but thought I would introduce myself. I am currently breastfeeding my DS who is 3 mo now and will be about 9 mo when we are in WDW in January 2014. I breastfed my DD until she was almost a year old. Looking forward to future posts and so glad to meet more breastfeeding mamas!
__________________




July 1998 - CBR | June 2010 - RPR | January 2013 - POR

Next: January 2014 - CR
January 2014 PTR: The Monorail, a Double Stroller and a New Little Brother
ABCastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #1187
melificent
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20

Just popped into this thread since I'm planning a trip in January and still planning to be BFing then and noticed a lot of discussion about supply/supplementing/BF issues. I hope it's not inappropriate, but I would highly recommend the Kellymom BF group on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kellymamas/ It has many lactation consultants and experienced nursing moms who do their best to help maximize nursing relationships--and help with things like boosting supply so you don't need to supplement. Also, on a little shallower note, Thursday is picture day and it's fun to see all the adorable breastfed babies. Anyway, hope that is helpful to someone.

Also, mmps108, we're doing BLW as well and by the time my daughters was 8 mos, she was fine with meats and that sort of thing, so we were able to start feeding her off of our plates then with no problem.
melificent is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #1188
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84
Just thought I'd share a quick update on my low milk supply. I saw a doctor today who specializes in breastfeeding and I most likely have insufficient glandular tissue to fully support breastfeeding. Glad to know the reason why...just waiting to get some tests back to rule out a hormone or thyroid issue. I'm going to try domperidone for a month to see if I can increase supply with what tissue I have.

Looks like the combo breastfeeding and formula feeding is likely here to stay.
I'm glad you got answers. It always helps to know why and not have a feeling of doing something wrong. Your doing a great job mom keep it up. Every little bit will help.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #1189
Miumiu4me
Mouseketeer
 
Miumiu4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 236

Anyone have tips for pumping moms? I mostly pump ; it takes awhile for DD to latch. Anyone bring pumped milk into WDW? How did you store it to keep it from spoiling?
Miumiu4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #1190
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer
 
JoanneDisFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 423

There is a fridge in the baby care center where you can store milk or medicines, or at least that's what I remember reading. I'm sure someone else can confirm this. I never did use the baby care centers when I was nursing.
__________________
A trip 3 years in the making PTR
The Trip that was never supposed to happen PTR
My First Disney Trip Report

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
JoanneDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #1191
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran
 
Angel Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miumiu4me View Post
Anyone have tips for pumping moms? I mostly pump ; it takes awhile for DD to latch. Anyone bring pumped milk into WDW? How did you store it to keep it from spoiling?
I have a post somewhere around here with tips...i've been EPing DD for 13 months - we're just about fully weaned to soy milk now, though. We took her to WDW when she was 8 months old.

My experience EPing @ WDW
My top tips for EPing at WDW

Specifically re: pumped milk in the parks - what we ended up doing is having DD drink whatever I last pumped. BM is good at 80-90 degree temps for 3-4 hours, and good at 69-69 degrees for 4-8. DD was eating every 2-3 hours or so, so when I would pump in the park, I'd just put the bottle in the diaper bag w/a cap on it for the next feeding. She didn't mind drinking room temp/air temp BM, so we didn't need to heat it this way. She doesn't like cold milk, and heating bottles from the cold milk became a big pain.

We did also bring a cooler bag into the parks. It's the cooler bag that came with my Ameda PY pump, so it had ice packs on all 3 sides. It stayed cold pretty much all day, though I did bring a second set of 3 ice packs that would fit it, in case we went back to the hotel mid-day and I could swap them out. I never needed to do that, though. 1 set was enough for the day. 2 sets allowed me to use the sets on alternating days, though, so they'd have enough time to fully freeze in the fridge freezer.

If you're talking about storing in the room, our room at SoG had a fridge, so I was able to use that for anything excess that I didn't bring/use in the park.

I hope this, and my linked posts, helps! If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer if my experience can help at all!
__________________
~Angel Ariel

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011


WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #1192
Miumiu4me
Mouseketeer
 
Miumiu4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post

I have a post somewhere around here with tips...i've been EPing DD for 13 months - we're just about fully weaned to soy milk now, though. We took her to WDW when she was 8 months old.

My experience EPing @ WDW
My top tips for EPing at WDW

Specifically re: pumped milk in the parks - what we ended up doing is having DD drink whatever I last pumped. BM is good at 80-90 degree temps for 3-4 hours, and good at 69-69 degrees for 4-8. DD was eating every 2-3 hours or so, so when I would pump in the park, I'd just put the bottle in the diaper bag w/a cap on it for the next feeding. She didn't mind drinking room temp/air temp BM, so we didn't need to heat it this way. She doesn't like cold milk, and heating bottles from the cold milk became a big pain.

We did also bring a cooler bag into the parks. It's the cooler bag that came with my Ameda PY pump, so it had ice packs on all 3 sides. It stayed cold pretty much all day, though I did bring a second set of 3 ice packs that would fit it, in case we went back to the hotel mid-day and I could swap them out. I never needed to do that, though. 1 set was enough for the day. 2 sets allowed me to use the sets on alternating days, though, so they'd have enough time to fully freeze in the fridge freezer.

If you're talking about storing in the room, our room at SoG had a fridge, so I was able to use that for anything excess that I didn't bring/use in the park.

I hope this, and my linked posts, helps! If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer if my experience can help at all!
Thank you so much! I just emailed this to myself!
Miumiu4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #1193
klburns
Earning My Ears
 
klburns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 58

When I was at Disney back in April, we left my EBF 2.5 month old son home and I need to pump while away. I thought I had read that the Baby Care Center would store my breast pump for me and had a refrigerator to store any milk that I pumped at the parks. When I stopped by the Baby Care Center to store my pump, I was told that was not the case, without any further explanation. I walked out of there practically in tears, as I had not made plans to carry the pump around with me all day, hadn't brought ice packs, etc. Come to find out, it is the First Aid Center that will store the breast pump and breast milk for you. They are located next to each other in all the parks (the Baby Care Center and First Aid Center). So I would just go check out my pump at the First Aid Center, head next door to Baby Care Center to pump, then back to First Aid Center to leave the pump and refrigerate my breastmilk. After coming by several times during the day, the lady at the First Aid Center said things were slow and they had plenty of room so if I wanted to I could just pump there in one of the curtained areas. That was awesome as it saved time from the back and forth between the two, plus I had more privacy since at MK and Epcot the nursing room is one large room instead of private rooms. You may want to ask if they will let you do that. I am heading back down in 5 days and plan to ask if I can just pump at the First Aid Center.
__________________
1983-Offsite | 1992-Offsite | May 2001-SOG | Sept 2003-Polynesian | May 2004-SOG | Feb 2005-SOG | Feb 2007-Carribean Beach | Sept 2007-SSR (first trip home!) | May 2008-OKW | Sept 2008-OKW | Feb 2009-Disney Wonder & SSR | Aug 2009-Disneyland Hotel | Dec 2009-AKV-Kidani Village | Feb 2010-SSR | Sept/Oct 2010-SSR | Mar 2011-BLT | Sept 2011-BCV
klburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #1194
Miumiu4me
Mouseketeer
 
Miumiu4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by klburns View Post
When I was at Disney back in April, we left my EBF 2.5 month old son home and I need to pump while away. I thought I had read that the Baby Care Center would store my breast pump for me and had a refrigerator to store any milk that I pumped at the parks. When I stopped by the Baby Care Center to store my pump, I was told that was not the case, without any further explanation. I walked out of there practically in tears, as I had not made plans to carry the pump around with me all day, hadn't brought ice packs, etc. Come to find out, it is the First Aid Center that will store the breast pump and breast milk for you. They are located next to each other in all the parks (the Baby Care Center and First Aid Center). So I would just go check out my pump at the First Aid Center, head next door to Baby Care Center to pump, then back to First Aid Center to leave the pump and refrigerate my breastmilk. After coming by several times during the day, the lady at the First Aid Center said things were slow and they had plenty of room so if I wanted to I could just pump there in one of the curtained areas. That was awesome as it saved time from the back and forth between the two, plus I had more privacy since at MK and Epcot the nursing room is one large room instead of private rooms. You may want to ask if they will let you do that. I am heading back down in 5 days and plan to ask if I can just pump at the First Aid Center.
Good to know! Thanks
Miumiu4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #1195
4pmama
Earning My Ears
 
4pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 59

So happy to find this thread! I'm nursing my 21-month-old and headed to WDW next month on a wish trip for my daughter! I've been over on the wish trippers thread, and doing lots of planning in that regard, but just today realized I should look into attitudes at Disney on toddler nursing and find some tips. So thank you for having this thread! Off to scan it for info
__________________
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134773 MAW Family! Caitlin Jeremy Ramona (4p-/Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome-WISH KID!) and Ezra (Ramona's wild baby bro) Going to WDW November 2013!
4pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #1196
4pmama
Earning My Ears
 
4pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 59

To be more specific-nursing my toddler son and wish trip is for his older sister
__________________
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134773 MAW Family! Caitlin Jeremy Ramona (4p-/Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome-WISH KID!) and Ezra (Ramona's wild baby bro) Going to WDW November 2013!
4pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #1197
welches
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9

I will be taking a 1 mo along with his older sisters and I can't decide if I want to pump or just nurse him while there. I can pump much quicker than he eats. I don't want my girls 2 and 4 to miss out on too much. I carry him in a moby so he will probably sleep most of the visit. Anyone have any suggestions?
welches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #1198
nalajms
DIS Veteran
 
nalajms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ct
Posts: 953

Quote:
Originally Posted by welches View Post
I will be taking a 1 mo along with his older sisters and I can't decide if I want to pump or just nurse him while there. I can pump much quicker than he eats. I don't want my girls 2 and 4 to miss out on too much. I carry him in a moby so he will probably sleep most of the visit. Anyone have any suggestions?
My 4yr old loves the baby centers. They always have a Disney movie on. Even though I've stopped nursing, we still go in there for diaper changes and hang out mid day and maybe have a snack.

Another option is to time the nursing with shows like Disney Jr Live, Beauty & the Beast, etc.
__________________
nalajms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #1199
4pmama
Earning My Ears
 
4pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 59

You can nurse in the moby! It takes some practice so you may want to try at home a few times, but it should make things easier on you!
__________________
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134773 MAW Family! Caitlin Jeremy Ramona (4p-/Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome-WISH KID!) and Ezra (Ramona's wild baby bro) Going to WDW November 2013!
4pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #1200
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran
 
Angel Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,295

If you can nurse, I would nurse. I had to pump for DD because she never latched and I Ep'd for her for a little over a year. I pumped during her first trip to Disney, and while it was doable, I definitely missed out on more than I would have had she nursed. Plus having to lug the pump, pump and store bags, etc (and I used an Ameda PY which was pretty small)...it wasn't convenient by any stretch. My nephews (3 and 6) were on that trip with us, and I had to miss out on doing a bunch with them because I needed to stop and pump.
__________________
~Angel Ariel

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011


WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
breastfeeding



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: