Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #3091
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
On my gosh congratulations that's so wonderful
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
...Congrats on your new addition!!
Thanks so much!
Old 09-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #3092
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post

Me too! I didn't think there was any way that we'd get to test, staying at an All-Star in November. But now it looks pretty possible. Do I dare get my hopes up at this point? I think it'd be so exciting to be a part of the test! Assuming that of course, WE don't have any of the myriad problems I've seen posted here on the DIS.
I think it's very likely. All of the resorts are now testing. I'd be shocked if they stopped or rolled back.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #3093
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

Excellent. Way cooler than a mobile video game truck (wow, didn't even know they had those). I wish I could take each of my kids alone one time. I don't get nearly as much one on one time with them as I'd like. Even getting the opportunity to just take one of them to the store is a treat.
I'd never heard of this truck either until we went to a gaming party last weekend. It as amazing. Now DH wants it too.

http://www.xtremegameexperience.com/

I only have one child but its still nice to have some one-on-one time. When he was littler he and I used to go to visit my parents and to Sea World. Now that it's Disney - the whole family (DH and DSis) usually goes. But I miss those mother-son trips.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #3094
sheh378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

That's different, they were older and you didn't surprise them the day of. The videos we were watching were of younger kids who were surprised the day of, they had their heart set on something else and really had no idea what Disney was. I think my kids would love the surprise, but they would want to know a little bit ahead of time because they like a little anticipation.
We are surprising our kids on the dates, they know we are going to Disney but think we are going next year! My DD9 wants to know the day of, she said I have to do something nice not just wake her up and say we are going to Disney so I need to come up with a plan since our flight leaves at 7 AM!
sheh378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #3095
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Can I get added? We're at CSR from 11/17 to 11/23.. Me, my hubs, and son, and hopefully some friends!
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
NOLAdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #3096
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I'd never heard of this truck either until we went to a gaming party last weekend. It as amazing. Now DH wants it too.

http://www.xtremegameexperience.com/

I only have one child but its still nice to have some one-on-one time. When he was littler he and I used to go to visit my parents and to Sea World. Now that it's Disney - the whole family (DH and DSis) usually goes. But I miss those mother-son trips.
Oh my, I didn't even want to look at the price. I'm sure most kids would like it though.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #3097
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheh378 View Post
We are surprising our kids on the dates, they know we are going to Disney but think we are going next year! My DD9 wants to know the day of, she said I have to do something nice not just wake her up and say we are going to Disney so I need to come up with a plan since our flight leaves at 7 AM!
That will be tough to do when you have to get her up at 4am. My husband didn't want me to book the 6am flight because he didn't want to have to leave the house by 3:15. We are getting a 9am flight now and I'm losing 3 hours of Disney time
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #3098
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Just booked art of animation this morning! It's a short weekend trip the 1st-3rd for food and wine festival, but im excited to check out art of animation!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #3099
Tiggerrific
Mouseketeer

Ok y'all here is our first attempt at this years LGMH! This one will be on our door at POP, we will have an identical one on our bag and each of us will have a smaller individual one on us somewhere.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney

Last edited by Tiggerrific; 09-13-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Tiggerrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #3100
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrific View Post
Ok y'all here is our first attempt at this years LMGH! This one will be on our door at POP, we will have an identical one on our bag and each of us will have a smaller individual one on us somewhere.
Awesome!!!!

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #3101
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Where can I get a blank LGMH?
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #3102
Tiggerrific
Mouseketeer

I used lime green paper from Michaels craft store, and printed the name and the outline on my printer, cut it out, then laminated it with laminating envelopes I got from Wal-Mart. Used our iron and some towels to melt the laminate together.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney
Tiggerrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #3103
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok y'all here is our first attempt at this years LGMH! This one will be on our door at POP, we will have an identical one on our bag and each of us will have a smaller individual one on us somewhere.
Nice job!!!!
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #3104
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Just booked art of animation this morning! It's a short weekend trip the 1st-3rd for food and wine festival, but im excited to check out art of animation!

Quote:

Awesome job!!! I need to go and find the blank ones. Although, every year when I've made one, no one recognizes it. So....maybe this will be a different kind of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
OMG so excited!!!!!

We were able to get a great price on airfare, but leaving a day later than our stay. So basically we got almost two more days in WDW. But as soon as we booked the flight, availability for that extra FD night at POR disappeared, after being available for weeks. I have been checking frantically every day to see if there is availability for one more FD night at the end of our stay. I have been hawking the website and calling constantly only to be told that FD are sold out for that night at POR. We were able to get a room discount for that night, but it was only 5% at POR, but at least we had a room for the night.

This morning I checked the website, albeit with a different checkin date, but it was available until 11/9! I called immediately and they said some nonsense about that night only being available if I checked in on 11/2(the date I plugged in) but not if I checked in on 10/31. Huh??? I then asked nicely to talk to a supervisor; I didnt' quite get that if there was availability on that night, why couldn't I add it on? Instead of connecting me to the supervisor, the CM came back on and said they would add the extra night!!!

I can finally stop checking the WDW website any time I had a free minute. Now I can devote even more time to the DIS!!!!
So happy for you....and on so many levels. Congrats on your new addition, free dining for the length of your stay, and the awesomeness of the airfares. Oh, by the way....I will have to send you a PM later. Hubby & I will be in Haddonfield on Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Hey NJ people, where is the fire that I'm seeing on the news?
Are you all ok?
It's just a mess. Like other people said, it was in Seaside which was devastated by Hurricane Sandy. They do think it was intentional. You have to understand, it's the Firefighter's Convention in Wildwood this weekend....there were all ready tons of departments there and away from their "home base". As a firefighter is galls me that this happened. Why would you so many people potentially in harms way. And, from my understanding, it destroyed at least 4 blocks. Just ticks me off.....

On another, and better note: I got MB & FP+!!! I spent the afternoon customizing with my family and choosing some of our FP+. We can't decide on every day, but maybe we'll decide the closer we get. I was happy that I got Soarin' and Test Track for evening our first day in the parks....we always start at MK and then we're going to Epcot for dinner at Coral Reef.

OK....now I have to go and update the first post, because I have been lax in my responsibilities. Everyone have a great day!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #3105
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cute. I like the black outline. Makes it pop. ( no pun intended.)

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: