Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #1441
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypooh90 View Post
Okay so I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm not patient enough to sift through these answers.

My flight lands at 4:55 p.m. About how long should I expect it to take before I arrive at Pop Century via Magical Express?
70 to 90 minutes from when you step off the plane is the average.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #1442
keypooh90
Lovatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia

70 to 90 minutes from when you step off the plane is the average.
Thanks so much!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #1443
molliewalks
Mouseketeer

are the DME buses handicapped accessible? my MIL uses an electric wheelchair, and just want to make sure they will be able to accomodate her.
molliewalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #1444
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliewalks View Post
are the DME buses handicapped accessible? my MIL uses an electric wheelchair, and just want to make sure they will be able to accomodate her.
Some are. You may find that they can't accomodate your MIL on a 'regular' DME bus, but will be able to on a different type bus. DME brings in different buses if the need is there. I would call DME directly and check with them.
Here is what I found on Disney's site regarding this....

Airport Transportation and Check In – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
Do Disney's Magical Express motorcoaches accommodate wheelchairs?

A.
Yes. Remember to indicate that you’ll be traveling with a wheelchair when you book your Disney's Magical Express reservation.

If you did not select Disney's Magical Express transportation and include your flight information when you made your reservation, all you need to do is add Disney’s Magical Express to your reservation on the My Reservations page in My Disney Experience. Look for the “Airport Transportation” label under your reservation and select the “Add Flight Information for Disney’s Magical Express Transportation” link.

If you do not see your reservation in My Reservations, you can manually look it up and add it to your disneyworld.com account. You will need your Resort Confirmation Number.

You can also add Disney's Magical Express information to your reservation by calling (866) 599-0951. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #1445
molliewalks
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the info!! I couldn't find it!! This is going to be her first trip in a very long time and she is very nervous about everything. My MIL and FIL are flying down by themselves and the rest of us are driving. My son is extreme ADHD and prone to panic attacks as well as fear of heights, so no plane for him. He said he would fly, but have 'been there, done that' with his fears to often to actually try it. I can only see him freaking out in airport and refusing to get on plane.
molliewalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #1446
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

I don't know if this was addressed but

The thread is 50+ pages and I couldn't read closely through all and browsing I didn't see it. So I hope I'm not rehashing but here goes...

We live just about an hour away and are renting a car to get to our Disney resort, and home from the resort. We're just going to stay on property and use Disney transportation.

My husband has to drop off & pick up the rental cars at the airport the days we check in & out... would he be able to ride the DME back and forth? Or does he have to have a plane ticket?

It'd be nice to avoid paying cab fare.
MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #1447
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
The thread is 50+ pages and I couldn't read closely through all and browsing I didn't see it. So I hope I'm not rehashing but here goes...

We live just about an hour away and are renting a car to get to our Disney resort, and home from the resort. We're just going to stay on property and use Disney transportation.

My husband has to drop off & pick up the rental cars at the airport the days we check in & out... would he be able to ride the DME back and forth? Or does he have to have a plane ticket?

It'd be nice to avoid paying cab fare.
If I'm reading this right, you guys are driving to MCO, and then returning the car there. Then, when it's time to head home, heading back to MCO to rent a car for the drive back?
If this is the case, he is fine. You can drive to MCO, drop off the car, and then take DME to your WDW resort. When it's time to head back, to rent the car for your return drive, you can take DME then as well.
If this isn't what your intent is, let me know.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #1448
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
If I'm reading this right, you guys are driving to MCO, and then returning the car there. Then, when it's time to head home, heading back to MCO to rent a car for the drive back?
If this is the case, he is fine. You can drive to MCO, drop off the car, and then take DME to your WDW resort. When it's time to head back, to rent the car for your return drive, you can take DME then as well.
If this isn't what your intent is, let me know.
That is exactly the case, yes, thank you.

That's a nice little wad o' cash that can go to the souvenir fund
MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #1449
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
That is exactly the case, yes, thank you.

That's a nice little wad o' cash that can go to the souvenir fund
And remember...you have to make those DME reservations in advance!!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #1450
merfsko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
ME understood - thank you!

We are flying with Delta (do I score a point for knowing they are a participating airline? ) but we are flying to Edmonton via a connection in Minneapolis so would we still be classed as international with regards to RAC or would we be able to check in at the resort?
I was about to ask the same thing (we are also flying with Delta, first to Atlanta, then to Toronto- customs is done in Canada for us). I didn't see a response... what did you guys end up doing? (Or does anyone else have an answer)?

EDIT: After spending quite a bit of time going through old posts on the Canadian boards, I am 99% that this is considered international. Just in case anyone else was curious.
DLR x2

Last edited by merfsko; 04-20-2013 at 12:25 PM.
merfsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #1451
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by merfsko View Post
I was about to ask the same thing (we are also flying with Delta, first to Atlanta, then to Toronto- customs is done in Canada for us). I didn't see a response... what did you guys end up doing? (Or does anyone else have an answer)?

EDIT: After spending quite a bit of time going through old posts on the Canadian boards, I am 99% that this is considered international. Just in case anyone else was curious.
It's definitely considered an international flight, which unfortunately makes you ineligible to use RAC. Guests' bags get checked through to the final destination, and your final destination is outside the USA, which means it can't be done.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #1452
annieL
Earning My Ears

is RAC available for Canadians?

We are flying out of and back into Buffalo airport. Can we use the RAC for our bags at the end of our trip?
annieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #1453
annieL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieL View Post
We are flying out of and back into Buffalo airport. Can we use the RAC for our bags at the end of our trip?
Just to claify: Buffalo is our final destination as we will be driving home from there.
annieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #1454
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

I would think it wouldn't be any issue as long as you are flying into a US airport. Last time I checked, Buffalo was still part of us, so sure..RAC should be fine..as long as you are on a participating airline and you aren't flying prior to 8:30am.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #1455
jodywgirl
DIS Veteran

We won't be using disney magical express but I would like to use RAC. We are flying southwest do you sign up for this ahead of time or can I just talk to them when we checkin. I want them to check in for me.
All Star Movies July 2005 Disney Cruise Line Aug 2005 Pop Century May 2007 Pop Century Dec 2008 Bay Lake Tower Sep 2009 Old Key West Dec 2009 GC Villas June 10 AKL Aug 2010 Boardwalk Villas & Disney Cruise March 11Girls Trip All Star Music May 12 May 2013 Family Vacation SSR Girls Trip NOV 2013 BLT / AKL Kidani
jodywgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: