Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
lasmickey
Let's Goooooooo Mountaineers!
 
lasmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Western Maryland
Posts: 501

Still selling coolers of water/soda as you disembark at CC?

We haven't cruised since 2008. I was just wondering it they still sell the soft side, Disney Cruise Line logo coolers with bottled water/soda on ice as you get off the ship at CC? We purchased one and use it all the time, and I'd love to get another one. If they still sell them, can someone please let me know the price? Also, are they still navy blue with the cruise line logo?
__________________
1980 - Offsite
1983 - Offsite
1983 (Second Trip) - Offsite
1986 - Offsite
1995 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Offsite & Disney Cruise Line
2009 - Offsite
lasmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,221

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasmickey View Post
We haven't cruised since 2008. I was just wondering it they still sell the soft side, Disney Cruise Line logo coolers with bottled water/soda on ice as you get off the ship at CC? We purchased one and use it all the time, and I'd love to get another one. If they still sell them, can someone please let me know the price? Also, are they still navy blue with the cruise line logo?
I'm so glad you brought this up! I had intended to write about this in my TR, but I forgot. We were just on the Dream from 9/1-5 and had intended to buy one of the soft-sided coolers on CC. I had never seen one IRL, but I had read about them and seen photos here. We talked to one of the CMs at Serenity Bay, and he said that DCL has temporarily stopped selling the coolers because of the leakage issues many here have reported. He said that they've chosen a new cooler, but they're not yet ready to start selling it. He said that it will be a little larger and will be more round/barrel shaped. He didn't know exactly when DCL would start selling it, but he thought it would be "soon."
__________________
~Lisa




Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
jessa07
Can we do RnRC one more time??
 
jessa07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: metro Baltimore
Posts: 202

We were on the 8/31 Fantasy and I didn't see any coolers. We were at CC on 9/6.
__________________
Me DH Cali, Leela, and Fry


CBR/Poly: 1997 Poly: 1998 Contemporary: 1999 BWV: 2000 BWV: 2002 BWV: 2004 Off-site: 2006 VWL: 2008 AKL: 2009 BLT:2010 AKL/OKW: 2010 SSR: 2011 BWV: 2012 POP: 2012 BWV/Wedding: 2013 AKL: 2013 BLT: 2014


Our Fairytale Escape Wedding: April 13, 2013 - Sea Breeze Point / The Attic / UK Lochside


Gold Castaway Club Member!
jessa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit
 
jetskigrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal - 30 minutes from DLR
Posts: 4,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
I'm so glad you brought this up! I had intended to write about this in my TR, but I forgot. We were just on the Dream from 9/1-5 and had intended to buy one of the soft-sided coolers on CC. I had never seen one IRL, but I had read about them and seen photos here. We talked to one of the CMs at Serenity Bay, and he said that DCL has temporarily stopped selling the coolers because of the leakage issues many here have reported. He said that they've chosen a new cooler, but they're not yet ready to start selling it. He said that it will be a little larger and will be more round/barrel shaped. He didn't know exactly when DCL would start selling it, but he thought it would be "soon."
That is interesting because I was told the same thing on the Wonder in April of 2012 but was then able to buy one when I was on the Wonder again in September of 2012

It is sounding like leakage issue is the standard response when they are out of them (just kidding...but then again, who knows ).
__________________
Me DH DD(15) DS(10)
DL: APers..so as often as possible, WDW: August 2010 (10 nights - Poly)
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer
 
FrogMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 108

I got one when the Magic stopped there during the Easter cruise '13. I am going for halloween and wanted another one. Guess I will have to wait and see.
__________________
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran
 
MedicGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Niagara Falls, Canada
Posts: 935

they had them in January '13. Wanted one, but it was only me. Should have bought it. Hopefully, this upcoming February they will have them,.
__________________
MedicGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,949

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA View Post
I got one when the Magic stopped there during the Easter cruise '13. I am going for halloween and wanted another one. Guess I will have to wait and see.
do you remember the cost?
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer
 
FrogMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 108

After tax and gratuity it was $21. We got 6 bottles of water and a lot of ice in the cooler
__________________
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
slzer0
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 555

Wow, I hope they have this next year! :-)
slzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran
 
Mickeyhugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,554

I bought the 'cooler only' on the Fantasy July 2012. I intended to buy another one THIS past July but was told they don't have them anymore. I've learned my lesson to not 'wait until next time,' if I think I might want more than one of ANYTHING.
__________________
7 WDW vacations 1989-2005 12 DCL cruises 2002-2014 (we became PLATINUM!) 8 CCL cruises 2005-2012

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.