Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
dreaming in MI
Earning My Ears

Priceline Question

I'm having a hard time finding a good price for a pre-cruise hotel in April. I was just about to bid on Priceline but then I read that it is for 2 person occupancy.

We need 2 rooms with 2 adults and 2 kids each. Does anyone know if I can add kids to the room if we buy through Priceline?

Thanks!
dreaming in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
lauti
Mouseketeer

No, I'd look at Hotwire instead. You can book for 4 on Hotwire. But it's still pretty early for Priceline etc.. for April
lauti is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Fanboy
Mouseketeer

I book all of my hotel stays through Priceline and we travel with 2 adults/2 kids. Never been a problem. Every room has been at minimum 2 double beds, with the occasional 2 queen or 2 king rooms.
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
dreaming in MI
Earning My Ears

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
tivo4me1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
I book all of my hotel stays through Priceline and we travel with 2 adults/2 kids. Never been a problem. Every room has been at minimum 2 double beds, with the occasional 2 queen or 2 king rooms.
FYI, and YMMV, but my experience with Priceline has been the opposite - there have often been times when I've requested two double or queen beds, and my priceline hotel has told me that they only have a single king available and won't make a change since they only guarantee double-occupancy in priceline rooms. As an earlier poster stated, hotwire will usually allow you to set occupancy up to 4. If you don't want to take the risk with Priceline (and, to be honest, I'm usually willing to take the chance!), stick with hotwire or another option.
tivo4me1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
mhconley
Califloridian

I book hotels by bidding on Priceline all the time. (At least 20 times in the past 5 years.) We're 2 adults/1 kid and always ask for a room with two beds when we check in. The request is almost always met. Only a couple of times have we been told no, the hotel was full and did not have a two bed room available, and twice we were upcharged for a room with two beds. You cannot do it through Priceline and it's on a hotel by hotel basis. I still bid on rooms through Priceline - nobody beats their prices.

Martin
Walt Disney World off-site: Fall 1972
Polynesian: Fall 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: June 6-13, 2015
Polynesian: August 16-26, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
jahber
DIS Veteran

We've booked via Priceline at least half a dozen times and never had a problem getting a room for 2a/2c until this last time. It was a Vancouver hotel and it was sold out for the Labour Day weekend. All that was available was a room with one queen and all the other hotels were sold out, as well. I must have looked slightly desperate standing there at 11 pm with two sleepy kids, because the staff was very helpful. They offered us a rollaway for $20 a night, which they did NOT have to do, as we were over the occupancy rate for the room. Also, the room was so small the rollaway fit in between the mattress and table/chair with no extra room. We had to climb over the bed . But I was so grateful to have a room that we just went with it. I don't think they knew we had booked via Priceline, because they were so helpful and were confused when they saw that our reservation for after the cruise was a room with 2 beds (hooray!). I think they thought it was a computer glitch.

All said, I'm a little leery of Priceline now. In the future I'll consider how busy the city will be and how likely it is that the hotel will be full. But knowing me, I'll book again
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

We're a family of 4 and booked through PL once. We were able to get 2 beds by advance request but I didn't notice the guarantee for 2 people thing until after I bought.
I don't like having to plead to hotels and don't want to put myself in the position that I might have to so now I book through HW. Also my kids are 16 & 13 and both are taller than me. There is no squeezing 3 in a queen bed like we could when they were little.

I have gotten the Hyatt inside MCO many times on HW. It's the only 4* in the MCO region that also has a 4.5/5 rating on tripadvisor and recommended by 95% of HW customers. These last 2 facts are very important in distinguishing the Hyatt from the Renaissance by Marriott.

If you don't care whether it's the Hyatt or not or don't mind paying less for a lower * hotel, www.betterbidding.com is a great site to help you know what hotel you're getting based on * level and list of amenities.
They keep a running list of "known" hotels and if you see a description that's not on the list you can post a question to see if they'd know or give an educated guess but of course, no guarantees.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
dreaming in MI
Earning My Ears

Ended up on Hotwire...

LaQuinta Oceanfront $64/night before cruise and $61/night after cruise. I think I did ok!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: