Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #676
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Didn't mean to ignore you. My cancel shock is wearing off.

No cruise control on a 2009?

Love the smokers package! Lol!

I like grey. Good choice. Can't wait to see a pic.
No worries!!!! I would be devastated! I still think you should think about 10/20 on the Dream...no Mexico but you'd get to meet me!

Jill in CO
Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #677
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Sounds like a blast! That's the one Ellen is on too? That's a week after Joshua's big day and unfortunately we'll be eating Top Ramen for months after.

Pam, we need to change our countdown.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #678
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I just went back and read about the bar mitzvah plans, wowza! Kudos to Joshua for all his hard work.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #679
Pinkocto

Quote:

Pam, we need to change our countdown.

I know and I just put it up too.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 09-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #680
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I just went back and read about the bar mitzvah plans, wowza! Kudos to Joshua for all his hard work.
Thanks! He's worked and is working so very hard. It's a lot too with just having started Junior High.

I'm okay with March now; warmer water, more time to have rates drop and PIF, and it's close to your birthday! Palo for your bday- whoop whoop. Plus I won't have a chance to look seriously at hotels until after the bar mitzvah.

I did peek at flights and they're HIGH!

Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #681
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I'm sorry to hear about your change in your plans.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #682
Pinkocto

Quote:
Thanks! He's worked and is working so very hard. It's a lot too with just having started Junior High.

I'm okay with March now; warmer water, more time to have rates drop and PIF, and it's close to your birthday! Palo for your bday- whoop whoop. Plus I won't have a chance to look seriously at hotels until after the bar mitzvah.

I did peek at flights and they're HIGH!
I'm sure he'll be very relieved when it's over!

That was quick, I'm still a bit annoyed. But Palo for my birthay sounds fabulous

I haven't looked at flights and I need to cancel the rental car. Not sure if I'll head up to WDW now, I need to change some things.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #683
MEK
DIS Veteran

WOWSA!

How dare they cancel your cruise! That seems brutally unfair. I didn't even know that could happen, which shows just how naive I am when it comes to cruises.

I am so sorry.

I hope the shock has started to wear off.

I hope March will work out. Of course, I will be bummed if it means you can't do the girls trip in May, but family and cruise absolutely first. There will always be time for another girl's trip.

I will check back frequently to see the newest developments.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #684
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

March and warmer does sound lovely but oh how frustrating!!! I will be bummed if May can't work but completely understand. Thank heavens the flights were easily cancelled with no penalties, that could have been horrendous.

The Bar Mitzvah plans looks like so much fun, what a great menu. No one will go hungry Rhys for sure
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #685
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I hope you had an easy fast! G'mar tov!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #686
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Joshua's bar mitzvah is exactly a month, October 12, away from today so if y'all don't see me much, I'm drowning in Hebrew or preparations.

He knows what he needs to and is now in practice mode which makes me very very happy. He's tweaking his d'var Torah and practicing reading loud so his voice can carry to the back of the room. Good times for a 12 year old boy.

Michael needs to call Einsteins and set up the bagel delivery for the kiddush luncheon. We'll get their bagels and coffee but do our own lox, capers, onions, egg salad, desserts, etc....I'm meeting with a few bakers this week and next week.

The rabbi has his flight and hotel and we finally sent invites. I am in full freak out mode.

We are having a very small dinner that evening, not fancy, at a local brewery. They're doing a fixed menu for me. We really just aren't formal people. We'll bring our own wine and pay their corkage fee ($8) a bottle- kind of steep. They've got great beer and really good food. It's close too which is important. Bar/bat mitzvah days are VERY long days. I let Joshua choose the menu for the evening. Here's the link. www.roostersbrewingco.com Guess which 3 entrees he chose? I told him he needed to choose a pasta/vegetarian option, a chicken, and either a beef or fish entree. I've been in contact with the manager over this last week and a half and am now trying to explain the pace of the meal. It's similar to a wedding in the fact that we'll like everyone to have a drink so we can toast, praise Joshua, thank the rabbi and gabbi, and the others who read an aliyah during his service. I'm thinking we'll need about 2 hours for dinner. Plus these peeps like to drink. It's going to be a really nice evening.

I'm planning on serving one hummus platter per every 4 people and also a Margherita flatbread per every 4 so that'll be 10 appetizers for 20 people. I'm a feeder. Their pear and gorgonzola salad is amazing so that'll come with the entrees unless they want soup or a regular dinner salad. I've asked the manager what our soup options for the evening will be and I'm waiting to hear back.

They also do a daily special so I think that'll be the 4th menu option if we go for a 4th. Generally the kids are very involved with their party planning and since Joshua isn't doing a party, I thought he'd like to help with the dinner. He seems onboard.

Sorry I'm rambling but I thought since the bar mitzvah is the reason for the cruise, I should tell you guys what's going on.
I hope you're hanging on in here! Sounds like a great time although I couldn't really access the menu, so no clue what he chose!

So sorry about your cruise, but it sounds like you and Pam have worked it out again for a nice time in March.

Hang in there, you've made it through two of these, you'll get through this one.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #687
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your change in your plans.

Thanks girl. I was very upset at first and still not as thrilled with the date but only because it overlaps with Spring Break, it was more expensive (but thankfully I got the 25% off), and it really does make my attendance during the Girls 2014 May trip appear slim.

I do like the idea of warmer weather and am SO glad Pam could rebook this cruise. I think this cruise will have more kids, from the meet thread which will be good for Joshua.

Quote:
I'm sure he'll be very relieved when it's over!

That was quick, I'm still a bit annoyed. But Palo for my birthay sounds fabulous

I haven't looked at flights and I need to cancel the rental car. Not sure if I'll head up to WDW now, I need to change some things.

I think he will be. We will Facetime with the rabbi at 7 pm tonight. We're on the homestretch. The girls and I got our dresses today. They got really cute dresses from Express and of course I went my typical Banana Republic wrap dress route. They have petites and they fit so well. And they are not expensive. I also bought a creme colored cardigan. I'm sort of over black at the moment.

I was going to ask if you were still going to do WDW? I will check with my friend on her hotel rates with her discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
WOWSA!

How dare they cancel your cruise! That seems brutally unfair. I didn't even know that could happen, which shows just how naive I am when it comes to cruises.

I am so sorry.

I hope the shock has started to wear off.

I hope March will work out. Of course, I will be bummed if it means you can't do the girls trip in May, but family and cruise absolutely first. There will always be time for another girl's trip.

I will check back frequently to see the newest developments.

I woke up, checked my email, and about cried. Seriously. I kept rubbing my eyes because I could not believe what I was reading. The date was so prefect! Enough time between other vacations and activities that it worked.

March flights are outrageous but we've changed to that cruise. There were so many factors and could have rebooked earlier but we wanted a classic ship, it has the same itinerary and right number of nights, and Joshua will only miss 3 days of school. I did the math about 30 times on a 7 days and at one point I thought I had it within just a few hundred dollars but I miss added. Plus it would have Joshua missing a full week of school and during midterm. He's okay with missing at the start of the term because you've got more time to make it up.

I don't know exactly how it will effect May. My head is spinning right now trying to figure it all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
March and warmer does sound lovely but oh how frustrating!!! I will be bummed if May can't work but completely understand. Thank heavens the flights were easily cancelled with no penalties, that could have been horrendous.

The Bar Mitzvah plans looks like so much fun, what a great menu. No one will go hungry Rhys for sure

I'm glad you like the menu! I feel really good about it too. I've tried everything we will be serving, so has M, so we're pretty comfortable with our choices.

The points and $5 each to book when back into my SW points bank. They really are the easiest to deal with when it comes to canceling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I hope you had an easy fast! G'mar tov!!!

Amanda

You too. How did the kids do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I hope you're hanging on in here! Sounds like a great time although I couldn't really access the menu, so no clue what he chose!

So sorry about your cruise, but it sounds like you and Pam have worked it out again for a nice time in March.

Hang in there, you've made it through two of these, you'll get through this one.

Thanks friend. Yes, we'll get it through it and hopefully enjoy it as well.

Wonder why you couldn't see the menu?

That cruise cancelation was/is quite the shock. I read it about it happening to others but obviously didn't think it could happen to me. Pam's been great. We switched, we linked, it's ON! In truth, I am looking forward to the warmer weather. We had a meet thread going though and FB page and I was looking forward to meeting those folks. I even started collecting my FE gifts.

I know you're with PIO and Bret today. Enjoy and can't wait to read all about it.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #688
Pinkocto

Well I've booked BCV for post cruise just in case. I can always cancel but after some pondering I think I'll stick with the WDW plans. I didn't go with OKW like I had for January because April should be warm enough to enjoy the pools, and I've always wanted to explore SAB.

I've changed my flight pre cruise but now I'll be getting in at 10:10 pm. I wanted to leave the day open to have lunch with the family before leaving. This'll be perfect, I can celebrate with them and then be off for a fabulous adventure

I hope you can still make your May trip work

The dresses sound cute, pictures? I hope the rabbi chat goes well.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #689
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

My kids are thankfully too young to fast because they were super whiney even though they ate all day! Tom read torah on Yom Kippur morning. The kids were at babysitting (at the Temple). I went to get them to listen to their father read and only Jessica was willing to come. I should have forced the issue but I was too tired to fight with them....

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #690
rentayenta

194 days!!!

Quote:
Well I've booked BCV for post cruise just in case. I can always cancel but after some pondering I think I'll stick with the WDW plans. I didn't go with OKW like I had for January because April should be warm enough to enjoy the pools, and I've always wanted to explore SAB.

I think April will be plenty warm enough to enjoy SAB.

Quote:
I've changed my flight pre cruise but now I'll be getting in at 10:10 pm. I wanted to leave the day open to have lunch with the family before leaving. This'll be perfect, I can celebrate with them and then be off for a fabulous adventure
You're arriving late but glad it'll enable you to have a nice bday celebration with your family before the cruise. Then we'll celebrate it at Palo! Does the cruise give bday buttons? My bday is in March too but earlier.

Quote:
The dresses sound cute, pictures? I hope the rabbi chat goes well.

I'll try to post a pic. The rabbi meeting went great. We are down to the wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
My kids are thankfully too young to fast because they were super whiney even though they ate all day! Tom read torah on Yom Kippur morning. The kids were at babysitting (at the Temple). I went to get them to listen to their father read and only Jessica was willing to come. I should have forced the issue but I was too tired to fight with them....

Amanda

That's nice that Tom read. Yom Kippur is a rough one, even for adults. I don't blame you for not fighting it. It's all about choosing our battles.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: