Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #91
troyseyfert
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post
Thanks again for sharing, and for telling which one it was. Glad all is okay.
Thanks...we are too
troyseyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #92
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

I only read the 1st page and it looked like it was going south.

I had an experience with a hotel elevater in Daytona actually. I made me 100000% aware on every closing door I have ever been into to be aware they can close every time, and do not try to rush in/out for any reason.

I think it is a learning lesson of what can happen, and you will be aware for ever with it. GOOD thing no one was hurt. Accidents with automatic type doors are low, but enough that even 1/10th of 1 % is death/injury for someone and should be taken seriously.

PS I am so sorry some peeps here think this is funny.. or you are being silly for being messed up. I was messed up for weeks/months and no one was hurt. YEARS later I still remember on every elevator/auto closing bus/ect.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #93
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up!

I will be more cautious in the future. We are not used to automatic doors like these. Good idea to be aware of potential issues with their operation.

Glad that everyone was OK!!
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #94
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyseyfert View Post
Hello everyone...

Ok...just a little clarification...

You are correct when you say that the monorail doors usually close one at a time. However, when they malfunction and close, it's a different story. The vehicle WAS malfunctioning, which caused for the doors to suddenly close. If anyone has a youtube video of a monorail malfunctioning and sees otherwise, let me know.

Not meaning to start drama on here...was only trying to warn people again. This was on the "Iron Man" monorail. They were having problems when they were loading at the gate...they had to stop and realign with the metal gate doors.

This did really happen. Sorry I don't have a "link" to post on here, but I think it would be really low of me to post on here the seriousness of an incident like this just to stir up threads on here.

Again, it was a GREAT vacation. One of the greatest vacations we have had in Florida...so we still love Disney! I just know many people share about experiences that happen on here and wanted to share the rare situation we had.
But could you explain the disparity between your description of the girl getting in while the doors were closing, when she would be getting in from the other side at MK, and those doors don't even open until the other side is closed?
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #95
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Only read first page and that was enough. It's threads like this that make me a little sick to the stomach and need to take a break from the boards. Also lose a small amount of faith in humanity.

OP sorry for the experience. Pregnancy and childbirth is scary enough without having to worry about doors potentially closing on your wife.
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #96
troyseyfert
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
But could you explain the disparity between your description of the girl getting in while the doors were closing, when she would be getting in from the other side at MK, and those doors don't even open until the other side is closed?
Yes... Now I understand the confusion.

Our doors closed...the other doors opened. Little girl entered. When the malfunction happened, they closed mk side doors too...little girl,was trying to get out but couldn't. Was crying a lot and was shook up.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #97
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyseyfert View Post
Hello everyone...

Ok...just a little clarification...

You are correct when you say that the monorail doors usually close one at a time. However, when they malfunction and close, it's a different story. The vehicle WAS malfunctioning, which caused for the doors to suddenly close. If anyone has a youtube video of a monorail malfunctioning and sees otherwise, let me know.

Not meaning to start drama on here...was only trying to warn people again. This was on the "Iron Man" monorail. They were having problems when they were loading at the gate...they had to stop and realign with the metal gate doors.

This did really happen. Sorry I don't have a "link" to post on here, but I think it would be really low of me to post on here the seriousness of an incident like this just to stir up threads on here.

Again, it was a GREAT vacation. One of the greatest vacations we have had in Florida...so we still love Disney! I just know many people share about experiences that happen on here and wanted to share the rare situation we had.
You quoted me so I wanted to say that I didn't doubt you. I know that the doors used to close all at once routinely but of course if they did so now, that is definitely not right. Those monorail vehicles need to be replaced.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #98
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Only read first page and that was enough. It's threads like this that make me a little sick to the stomach and need to take a break from the boards. Also lose a small amount of faith in humanity.

OP sorry for the experience. Pregnancy and childbirth is scary enough without having to worry about doors potentially closing on your wife.
I know what you mean. Why are so many judgmental and attacking (many without reading or comprehending the post)?

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #99
Jenscruise
Earning My Ears

To the OP..glad all is ok!

And to make light of all the drama....

I was at disney this one time... I lost all my money in the gift shop and I got blisters on my feet!

Unlike the OP...I will gladly take anything you want to give me .
Old 09-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #100
troyseyfert
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! See, this is what the thread should be about! No drama!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #101
thankudrivethru
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
So let me see if I understand you - we shouldn't comment unless we've experienced what you did, but you originally posted this as a warning to others. Am I the only one that sees a disconnect there?
I agree.

I just don't see how everything has to warrant a compensation?! I think i'd be more freaked over the snake in my lap. That poor kid had serious injuries from that btw. That is just my opinion.
thankudrivethru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #102
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
At least a snake didn't fall on your lap and bite you in the crotch.
Thats the truth!!!!

Really, I am always prepared for doors to shut on me, I dont know why. But Im sure it was a little scarier with your wife being pregnant.

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #103
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

I don't know what is wrong with people except the lack of common courtesy. They only asked for someone to say "Hey, we are sorry about what happened. Are you ok?"

I am glad that your wife and unborn child are both ok.

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #104
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankudrivethru View Post

I agree.

I just don't see how everything has to warrant a compensation?! I think i'd be more freaked over the snake in my lap. That poor kid had serious injuries from that btw. That is just my opinion.
But the OP did not ask for any sort of compensation? They just thought that somebody should have asked if everyone was ok! And maybe reassure them that the monorail is no ok to board?

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #105
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerton2 View Post
This clearly sounds like a malfunction because these doors are not supposed to stay shut when they encounter a solid object. Rather, they should immediately open back up like your garage doors do. What color was the monorail train because we are arriving this weekend and have young children and need to watch out for this? Thanks for the post.
Unfortunately a woman's pregnant belly is not a solid object. Your skull is so the garage door coming down will (should) stop when it hits you.

Hmmm. If you walked sideways while exiting, would your shoulder blades be stiff enough to stop the door?

Whatever happened to chivalry? Someone should have held the door so you could exit the train.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: