Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #166
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
But, of course they are!
LOL, keeps things interesting.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #167
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
LOL, keeps things interesting.
Yes, that's how I felt about my rental at the National location in Cape Canaveral in February. It's really the Enterprise location that serves as National there. Not a great experience. We brought them an awesome SUV and after our cruise, left with an Impala with a mostly empty fuel tank, a windshield so filthy we had to pull over and clean it before we could drive it (for safety reasons) and a dummy light on the dash that never went off. Very disappointing. And to top it off, the bathroom in the location was G R O S S. There was quite the talk about it (and not from me) on the shuttle bus headed to port that morning. I'll be looking at other rental locations in Cape Canaveral in the future.

Still love the EA at MCO though!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #168
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that's how I felt about my rental at the National location in Cape Canaveral in February. It's really the Enterprise location that serves as National there. Not a great experience. We brought them an awesome SUV and after our cruise, left with an Impala with a mostly empty fuel tank, a windshield so filthy we had to pull over and clean it before we could drive it (for safety reasons) and a dummy light on the dash that never went off. Very disappointing. And to top it off, the bathroom in the location was G R O S S. There was quite the talk about it (and not from me) on the shuttle bus headed to port that morning. I'll be looking at other rental locations in Cape Canaveral in the future.

WOW, that is horrible!!! Please tell me that you did not have to return the car full and that you said something about the condition of the car. Filthy bathrooms are not something I would leave unmentioned.
I also hope you wrote National about this experience. They cannot fix what they don't know is broken. Just a FYI, just in case, Enterprise owns National and Alamo. They are held to very high standards and this obviously fails that completely.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #169
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
WOW, that is horrible!!! Please tell me that you did not have to return the car full and that you said something about the condition of the car. Filthy bathrooms are not something I would leave unmentioned.
I also hope you wrote National about this experience. They cannot fix what they don't know is broken. Just a FYI, just in case, Enterprise owns National and Alamo. They are held to very high standards and this obviously fails that completely.
No, we didn't return it full, but there was a lot more gas in there than when we picked it up. I had every intention of writing a letter, but I returned from our trip with pneumonia, was extremely sick for a month, went on another short trip, came home and four days later our house was destroyed in a fire. So, I just didn't get around to it.

Seeing that it's been 6 months since our rental experience, it's probably too late to write a letter now.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #170
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, we didn't return it full, but there was a lot more gas in there than when we picked it up. I had every intention of writing a letter, but I returned from our trip with pneumonia, was extremely sick for a month, went on another short trip, came home and four days later our house was destroyed in a fire. So, I just didn't get around to it.

Seeing that it's been 6 months since our rental experience, it's probably too late to write a letter now.
My God, you have really had a bad time. I am so sorry to hear about your pneumonia and house loss. I can understand why writing a letter was not a priority. No, it is not too late to write a letter.
I hope the rest of the year is better for you.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #171
DizDragonfly

Quote:
My God, you have really had a bad time. I am so sorry to hear about your pneumonia and house loss. I can understand why writing a letter was not a priority. No, it is not too late to write a letter.
I hope the rest of the year is better for you.
LOL Thanks. Yeah, it's been an interesting year, so far.

I'll try to find a few minutes to write a letter in the very near future. With any luck that location has already improved.

Thanks again!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #172
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

bump

anyone see what's on the aisle lately?

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #173
NJmouse
DIS Veteran

Picked up an Chevy Equinox today more than 1 in aisle. Also saw a couple town and country vans and Captivas. And cars did not pay attention to makes of cars.
NJmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #174
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

bumping

:sti tch:

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #175
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:

My experience with several car rental companies is off airport sites do not give you a full tank. I don't think they have a pump on premises. I remember one time I rented Avis at a Hilton in Glendale CA, didn't notice the gas gauge and when I got out on the freeway I only had 1/8! The amount should be noted on the agreement and that is what you return it with.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #176
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Yes, they still have Avalons, I totally forgot about those. I saw some in March when I rented from there.
Not sure about the Genesis as I have not worked there since last October. Also, they sometimes have the Infinity G 35 (or 37, I forget which) GREAT car. As I keep telling people, if you don't like what you see or want something specific, ask, if they can accomodate you, they will be happy to.
We had our choice of a few 300's and Taurus', 2 Genesis', 2 Impala's, and a Maxima. Ended up taking a Genesis and really liked it!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #177
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
We had our choice of a few 300's and Taurus', 2 Genesis', 2 Impala's, and a Maxima. Ended up taking a Genesis and really liked it!
I have read they are a great car. I am assuming this was the Exec. aisle.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #178
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I have a rate difference of $10 between Alamo standard and National Exec aisle. We do fit in a car as I rent what I need but I'm really thinking of taking National although its $10 more in the hopes to see a minivan... isn't it sad LOL I will miss my minivan while on vacation with my girls. I just can't justify the cost of a minivan when we fit in a car. We're only arriving Oct 31 but I truly hope to see a minivan. Someone gave me hope a few posts back, how often to do you see then in exec aisle especially a Wednesday afternoon?
Old 09-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #179
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
I have a rate difference of $10 between Alamo standard and National Exec aisle. We do fit in a car as I rent what I need but I'm really thinking of taking National although its $10 more in the hopes to see a minivan... isn't it sad LOL I will miss my minivan while on vacation with my girls. I just can't justify the cost of a minivan when we fit in a car. We're only arriving Oct 31 but I truly hope to see a minivan. Someone gave me hope a few posts back, how often to do you see then in exec aisle especially a Wednesday afternoon?
Hard to say, but, they do show up during busy times on both the exec. and regular EA. Personally, I would spend the extra 10.00 on the National ressie and ask if you can have a minivan. Sometimes they let you, but, you have to ask. We were told at the beginning of the shift what we could allow to be taken from other rows. Often mini vans were allowed.
They also show up on the full size row at Alamo, that is where you will be selecting your "standard" vehicle from as they do not have a standard row at Alamo at MCO.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #180
nacho113
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
I truly hope to see a minivan. Someone gave me hope a few posts back, how often to do you see then in exec aisle especially a Wednesday afternoon?
In the past 10 years or so, we have notice a pattern with the vehicles on the aisle. When we travel in January and February, it seems that almost everything on the aisle is a mini-van or SUV (not a lot of families on the flights at this time of the year so I guess there is a surplus of these "family haulin" type vehicles). Conversely, when we arrive in Orlando in the summer months (June, July, August) there never seems to be any mini-vans or even SUVs on the aisle. I would guess that the family groups book the bigger vehicles to haul the whole gang around. That's my take on it anyway.

We're leaving in 5 days, never been there in prime hurricane season before. I wonder what the mix will be like on the aisle at this time of the year. Hoping for something sporty since I'm going with a buddy this time, DW is sitting this one out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: