Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Alamo Insider Additional Driver

I have done a search of this topic and have seen many conflicting answers and stories so I am starting a new topic.

We are renting from Alamo at MCO. 3 days later we are meeting up with my Father in Law and wish to add him to the reservation at the car care center.

My rental contract states there is a "free additional driver". I found this on the website and I am reading this to mean that as long as my Father in Law is an Insider member (we are too ) then he can be added for free. This in the info copied directly from the Alamo site. Would you interpret it the same way?

Quote:
Additional Driver Fee / Alamo
Is there always an additional driver daily fee? How much is it?

Any additional driver (including a spouse or domestic partner) will pay a daily fee of approximately $10 per day.

Fees are waived for additional drivers who are:

Members of Alamo Insiders Program; which allows for one additional driver to be added at no cost.
Corporate Contracts in the United States are allowed the following additional drivers at no charge:
· Commercial (corporate) rentals

· The renter's business partner

· Employer or fellow associate, who has a signed corporate contract with Alamo and drives the car for business purposes and who meet normal renter requirements.

All other additional authorized driver situations are subject to a daily charge.

An additional driver may only be added to the contract at a rental location and may be added or removed in the middle of the contract. When adding an additional driver in the middle of the contract both the renter and the additional driver must be present at the location.
The system will calculate the charges based on the dates the additional driver was listed on the rental.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Just for clarification, I am reading that as long as my Father in Law is an Alamo insider, as well as my husband (the primary renter) being an insider there will be no additional driver fee as outlined in this part of the text..

Quote:

Members of Alamo Insiders Program; which allows for one additional driver to be added at no cost.
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Just for clarification, I am reading that as long as my Father in Law is an Alamo insider, as well as my husband (the primary renter) being an insider there will be no additional driver fee as outlined in this part of the text..
That is correct and if you run into any snag, ask for a manager.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
That is correct and if you run into any snag, ask for a manager.
I was hoping to see you on this thread
Thank you for your help
Old 04-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I was hoping to see you on this thread
Thank you for your help
You are welcome and Happy Easter!!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

gmeh1....

I'm an Insider member does my DH also have to be a member to be the free additional driver? Is this the same for Emerald Club?

Thanks

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #7
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
gmeh1....

I'm an Insider member does my DH also have to be a member to be the free additional driver? Is this the same for Emerald Club?

Thanks
This is from a while ago, but I would like to know the answer to this question if anyone knows? TIA!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
katallo
DIS Veteran

This is good to know. So, if we rent as Insiders and our brother in law is an Insider he can be the free additional driver?? I thought I read where both parties have to live at the same address.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
Boston-Bill
Earning My Ears

added driver

I have added drivers at Alamo for free And pretty sure they have to have the same address as you. But they do not have to be Insider members
Boston-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston-Bill View Post
I have added drivers at Alamo for free And pretty sure they have to have the same address as you. But they do not have to be Insider members
I have found that if the primary driver is an Insider, they get to add their spouse as an addtl driver free. But, not sure if you can do that just if you have the same address and are not an Insider.

Is there a reason you are bumping up all these old threads??? Just curious.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston-Bill View Post
No, they do not have to have the same address. National requires that, not Alamo. You do not both have to be Insider members.
The rules are found on the Alamo web site. Under "contact us".

Alamo Additional Driver Fee

Is there always an additional driver daily fee? How much is it?

Any additional driver (including a spouse or domestic partner) will pay a daily fee of approximately $10 per day.

· Members of Alamo Insiders Program; which allows for one additional driver to be added at no cost.
Please Note: When booking via a third party; the relationship is with the Tour Operator and not Alamo directly. As a result Alamo Insiders benefits will not apply.

· Corporate Contracts in the United States are allowed the following additional drivers at no charge:

· Commercial (corporate) rentals

· The renter's business partner

· Employer or fellow associate, who has a signed corporate contract with Alamo and drives the car for business purposes and who meet normal renter requirements.

All other additional authorized driver situations are subject to a daily charge.

An additional driver may only be added to the contract at a rental location and may be added or removed in the middle of the contract. When adding an additional driver in the middle of the contract both the renter and the additional driver must be present at the location.

The system will calculate the charges based on the dates the additional driver was listed on the rental.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I have found that if the primary driver is an Insider, they get to add their spouse as an addtl driver free. But, not sure if you can do that just if you have the same address and are not an Insider.

Is there a reason you are bumping up all these old threads??? Just curious.
If the primary driver is an Insider member, they can have one additional driver at no charge. It does not matter where they are from if they meet the qualifications.
If you are not an Insider, you will be charged for an additional driver. There are some exceptions with some states and with some corporate codes.
It is all outlined on the Alamo web site under "contact us".
Old 12-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
dennise
DIS Veteran

Gmeh1 - this is a little off, but I hope you can answer. We got an awsome deal on a car to pick up in St Petes and drop off at MCO. It is a luxury, which we have never had, but the price was better than full size. What would be the cars that National would have in this category?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: